Communitas Map 1.4

Toby.

Chieftain
Upon updating to the newest map version, I cannot select it. The 'Communitas' option under Additional Maps has disappeared :(

Tested with no other mods, cleared cache and moduserdata.

Edit: adding the communitas.lua to the maps folder was also unsuccessful.

Thanks, I'll try github. I subscribed to it on steam, which updated to 1.4 yesterday.

Could you attach the copy of the Communitas.lua file you got from steam (rename it to Communitas.txt to attach)? I could take a look and see if there are any problems with the file.

Thanks stackpointer!

Edit: hm, maybe I'm doing something stupid here. I put the github .lua file into the maps folder alongside the other maps I like to access without going through the mod menu. It's still not showing up in game :confused:

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Edit 2: verifying integrity of game cache...

Attachments

• Communitas.txt
    323.9 KB · Views: 93
Compared the files. Completely identical. Not sure what the issue is then since the mapscript works for me. Anybody else having this issue?

Do you have the new map DLC? That's the only DLC I don't have myself. Have you tried using the map in unmodded singleplayer?

EDIT: You need to drop the lua file in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps\

It's in there, with two other maps (Tectonics, Perfect World) that I can access in game with no issues. I don't have the new map DLC because communitas is supreme. As I mentioned in the above edits, I'm verifying my installation. It must be a problem at my end.

Edit: Still nothing. I can access tectonics and perfect world through unmodded single player, communitas remains absent. I verified my cache and redownloaded the map lua.

Hmmmm

Could you try disabling those other mapscripts? It could be that civ 5 has a cap on custom maps?

I've reverted back to the previous version of the Communitas Map. It's working fine :crazyeye:

Sorry, I don't know what to say...

Attachments

• 2013-11-07_00001.jpg
    2013-11-07_00001.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 78
The latest update was nice, but non essential. So I'm ok living in the past. Thanks for the help.

Does the map show as an option if you install it as a mod?

Not through steam. I'll unsubscribe from the steam version and see how the game goes unpacking the mod normally.

Hey I had this issue too. It updated through steam and then it was gone. I don't remember what I did. I think I ended up downloading it manually and then it worked.

Top Bottom