Turn Discussion Thread

Good point about the forest. I still believe going SE then NE is best though as it looks like moving NE will reveal more coast.
Are you sure there's coast to the east though? I guess we'll find out...

I think I support the SE-NE move. We have 2 moves for our Scout, may as well start using them. ;)

se/ne for me also. there is a chance that that will reveal what ne would have shown anyway? depending on the coastline. might leave out an important coastal resource though?

SE-NE sounds fine. Flood planes are nice, but I really would like to see some resources. Some early thougts: Health might become an issue. Hanging gardens might be one goal.

i agree with se-ne ;)

se/ne for me also. there is a chance that that will reveal what ne would have shown anyway? depending on the coastline. might leave out an important coastal resource though?
NE would reveal a few different tiles to SE-NE. I'm also anxious not to miss any coastal resources - they're a major factor in coastal city planning.

SE-NE sounds fine. Flood planes are nice, but I really would like to see some resources. Some early thougts: Health might become an issue. Hanging gardens might be one goal.
Perhaps, but only with stone. Anyway, the Hanging Gardens is of very minimal benefit for health purposes. Usually I only build it in my own games for the population increases and the Great Engineer points.

Since we're going to arch around the capital, I think we should follow the coast (seafood could make a must-have site) and go 1NE, though it looks like we'll be running into a lot of hills up there. Wasting some of the scouts moves, yes, but it's not like there are any huts out there...

Edit: Well I'd say I'm outvoted. :lol: SE-NE it is then.

To further support my SE-NE decision I would like to be able to:

1) fully utilize our scout's movement points
2) go back inland more easily, which I would like to do considering that I see 12 floodplains nearby outside of our capital. That's the land that should be explored earlier.

Our warrior that we produce can explore the coast because then he won't be wasting his movement points since he only has 1 anyway.

Since we're going to arch around the capital, I think we should follow the coast (seafood could make a must-have site) and go 1NE, though it looks like we'll be running into a lot of hills up there. Wasting some of the scouts moves, yes, but it's not like there are any huts out there...

Edit: Well I'd say I'm outvoted. :lol: SE-NE it is then.

i'm still ok w/ se/ne but ne is starting to gain favor w/ me. could be a powerful production city if we get coastal resource.

then we wouldn't have to backtrack through just to see a few tiles. instead of taking our warrior just to come back and see a few tiles we could take him west or south depending on border pop.

and we still should be able to explore floodplains before it's time for a settler.

I had to take our turn, so went with SE-NE as that was still the majority vote.

It seems we don't have quite as many flood plains as we might have thought... several hills in there. STILL not a resource in sight, either...

Man, we have a lot of desert and desert-hills around. This start is not seeming quite so good... :(

E-NE next turn?

at least we got some hills for productions cities, but it would be nice to have some resource.
My suggestion on move, if we are still sticked to plan, to circle the capital,
is S-SE

Huh, the river empties out into a hill. :crazyeye: That's gonna bug me.

Well its not superb, but it's not too bad. I mean, those floodplains will still make for some good financial cottages anyway. Also I really hope there's seafood or something on the coast to the scout's north to make it worthwhile to settle on all those hills.

Anyway, I wouldn't get too bummed out on the lack of resources just yet. We've just covered a large stretch of desert, that's all, and desert usually doesn't have resources. Once we get out of it I'm sure something will pop up.

Oh, and I was going to suggest E-NE as well, see if there's anything decent up there (hopefully hills/forests won't completely block our vision). Then we can start doubling back southwards in the arc.

S-SE. If we're going to send warrior to scout coast then we can send scout to other direction.

Huh, the river empties out into a hill. :crazyeye: That's gonna bug me.
Hmm, yeah, I just noticed that. It's a bit of an eyesore really... ah well, I guess a hand-made map has its flaws. (Maybe it's intentionally done... I guess it could be a lake?) I just hope Sullla didn't forget to add resources around us too... ;)

Looks like there's a competition between E-NE and S-SE for the next move. I'm fine with either, although I think that we can continue exploring a bit more east yet before we head around in the arc.

Our turn already. Thig goes on quite well. E-NE has majority (4-2) so that is our move unless there comes several last minute votes.

Moved the Scout E-NE. And... STILL no resources in sight. What's up with that? :(

SE-S next turn? Probably time to start thinking about doubling back around to find expansion possibilities for our first Settlers.

Top Bottom