Turn Discussion Thread

Well this is the exploration thread and there isn't really any exploration to do anymore at the moment. Here you go anyway.

I just logged into the game for the first time in a while. The lion actually had 26.2% odds, not 35%... so we were even unluckier than we originally thought. :( Ah well.

We'll have the Warrior in the turn after next, so we'll be able to begin exploration again. West seems like the obvious choice.

By the way, this is really more like a "Turn Discussion Thread" than an exploration thread anyway, so we may as well post the turns in both threads.

Sounds like a good idea with the Warrior moves.

And I'll ask about the thread being renamed now. :)

Can't garentee I'll be here early next week, so let me just state that I definitely vote the warrior explores west rather than east. We can quickly churn out another scout or warrior after the worker (to allow the city to reach size 4 before the settler) to poke around eastwards.

Can't garentee I'll be here early next week, so let me just state that I definitely vote the warrior explores west rather than east. We can quickly churn out another scout or warrior after the worker (to allow the city to reach size 4 before the settler) to poke around eastwards.
Actually, if I remember my tests a few days back correctly, we should be able to get out at least 2 additional Warriors before size 4 (for a total of at least 3). So that'll be nice for our early exploration, especially with our poor Scout dead.

Warrior scouting plan is ok. How is work boat still in the harbour? Can't it go right away to collect the crabs?

Last turn it finished. The screenshot is from in between turns.
Yeah, if you notice, it has a "red dot" to the upper left, which means that it has no movement points for that turn. ;)

Next turn coming up in a moment...

Warrior built. Worker started. Animal Husbandry researched. :)

Next turns - Warrior SW, then NW, then NW?

I wouldn't give up on horses just yet, there's a lot of nearby land we have yet to explore.

W-W-NW is fine with me.

Doesnt really see difference betwen W-W-NW and SW-NW-NW, anyway i vote for it.

I just have a habit of moving along the diagonals, because it's more efficient. :p Not really so in this case, except if we suddenly change our mind about where to explore, it's better to be SW than W. But that's probably not going to happen... ;)

Oh, and I forgot to check for Horses at the end of the turn... silly me. :p

But... :D

A bit far for our second city, but perhaps after that... :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0771.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0771.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 131
I would seriously consider that Titan would go 1N from the Horses. It seems better early game city site. It has more production than flood plains site. Less health issues so we could build couple of farms and whip infastruture without losing food. Immortals are excellent scouts and I would build them instead of warriors as soon as possible. Distance is a slight problem. We would had to build road and keep barbs away.

It is a pity that we lost our scout. The area south from horses would now seem quite intresting place to scout.

I'd say we need to explore around that area a bit more (post-worker scout/warrior?) before settling on a city site. Don't need to settle around so much black...

Warrior moved SW. Lion spotted to the west.

Picture coming later... or someone else can log in and take it.

Top Bottom