Uomo Universalis

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or what (and I'm gonna feel really slow if it's something obvious) but I can't get anything to embark with the new version. It's as if the embarkation promotion doesn't exist anymore, or it isn't attached to the Optics tech (I researched all the way through Navigation and still no embarkation).

Any ideas?

@Leuenberg:

Did some testing and it seems that new units with new graphics will be represented with the flag of some DLC unit (Keshik, Tercio, ...), whereas new units using vanilla graphics retain the flag that goes with those graphics in vanilla. Maori warriors use both the vanilla warrior graphics and flag, and thus appear fine. As for grenadiers having no flag for you, that might be because your game ran out of DLC flags to use?

Anyway, it seems that for the strategic view the game tries to convert unit graphics to an icon somehow, instead of just taking the correct icon from the unit info. I imagine a query "get flag of the unit belonging to this graphic". Will look around a bit first and probably just start a topic for this.

@bgtribble:

Embarkation is tied to Cartography, before Optics even. Make sure the units you try to embark have entered your territory after the discovery of said tech; only then will they be able to embark (standard vanilla behavior). I know it took me a while to figure that out, so it could be the problem (and no need to feel slow ;)).

Tried enabling "reload strategic view system", but then no flags for new units would show at all. Searched the forums and found confirmation of the problem and, as far as I can tell, there is still no solution. Bummer...

Love your work here, it simply is a better game.

i have encountered a new problem in my current game where i cant select my free great person at the end of the liberty tree. when i click on the next turn button nothing happens, i can do nothing else, i am Stuck and cant just advance the turn.

I cant even skip a turn? any ideas what causes this bug?

thanks

Love your work here, it simply is a better game.

i have encountered a new problem in my current game where i cant select my free great person at the end of the liberty tree. when i click on the next turn button nothing happens, i can do nothing else, i am Stuck and cant just advance the turn.

I cant even skip a turn? any ideas what causes this bug?

thanks

It's something related to two or more events with same consequence. Perhaps you should delay it by a turn. Try to reload a previous turn and test it.

I think it's a game bug, not UU's one.

I think it's a game bug, not UU's one.
I think so too; I've seen this issue mentioned several times before. I've never encountered it myself though.

I've uploaded a new version (see OP, not on mod browser yet). In BMF, cossacks correctly replace lancers now. For FTM:
  • I introduced the Supreme Court for the Khazar, as their UA was pretty unexciting. It requires a courthouse in half your cities; so you'll need to double your empire through conquest to get it. It reduces unhappiness due to number of cities by 25%.
  • I gave Poland the Uhlan and nerfed the Hussar. I found that the Hussar was too good; hurting variation in the choice of military path. I didn't use the unit graphics from ecv's Polish civ (only the icon), as they should really use lances.
  • Tweaked Mississippians (-), Nri-Igbo (-) and Moors (+).

I've played several games lately and found myself using different paths and strategies that worked out interestingly (immortal difficulty), so I feel no more updates are needed for a while. This sure is convenient, because in about 3 weeks time I'll be embarking on another 3 month trip, with at best sporadic and limited internet access. So expect a long time of inactivity. The mod will probably break with the G+K patch though. But why would you continue playing a vanilla mod anyway then? ;)

I'm using the latest version, and I've got a corrupt great scientist :/ He's corrupt in that no action buttons show up in the UI for him. Usually it is the previous unit icon. For the buttons only the "additional actions" button shows up, but it doesn't reveal any other buttons. I reloaded from an earlier save (prior to being born), and the result was the same. Next I rebooted the PC and went back, but still the corruption. Pressing "A" did build the academy, and there doesn't appear to be any other corruption present. The only other anomaly was (using "quick combat") a spearman eliminated an enemy warrior who had a GG with him. The GG icon remained till the spearman left the hex. The happened 2 turns prior to the GS being born.

1st time playing as the Spanish, and it's been many months since I've used the quick combat option. I've seen it before where unit icons get left over, but never where the action buttons were lost.

I'm not bothering with uploading a save, but am posting this just as a note in case someone else sees something similar then maybe there is somewhere to go with this. Since it's reproducible, it's definitely a bug, but probably in the core game.

If something is corrupt, it might be in the cache, so try to delete that rather than rebooting. You can find it in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache. You may safely delete the entire cache folder.
If you want, with some extra info I might find something. Reload the game, get and select the scientist. Then post the file Lua.log from My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs. The interface is handled through lua, so there is a good chance of something showing up. The location of errors reported there is obfuscated, but it might be enough to figure out the problem.

Up to you. Thanks for reporting!

Later scientists were corrupt also. I'll try a different mod for a bit, and then reload and see if my scientist is cooperating.

Perhaps these 2 parts are related?

[145.689] uuMain: Uomo_Universalis_Data is corrupt: could not find parents for 38 rows (e.g., _,2.50,61,6)
[145.689] uuMain: !!!! Error loading tables: checksumOld=21328, checksumNew=20251 !!!!
[145.689] uuMain: Initializing player data...

[33297.274] uuMain: TableSave time: 0.041999999994005, checksum: 31457, inserts: 3, updates: 127, unchanged: 467, deletes: 0
[33297.305] uuMain: TableSave time: 0.033000000003085, checksum: 25963, inserts: 3, updates: 127, unchanged: 370, deletes: 0
[33329.535] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\lame\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:24: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[33613.535] uuMain: TableSave time: 0.053999999996449, checksum: 31438, inserts: 0, updates: 127, unchanged: 470, deletes: 0
[33613.582] uuMain: TableSave time: 0.04500000000553, checksum: 25944, inserts: 0, updates: 127, unchanged: 373, deletes: 0

That's very likely. The problem definitely lies with this mod. Seems the tables with custom save data are corrupt for your game. I will have a look. It's unlikely I can figure out how they went corrupt, but maybe I can make the game more robust should this ever occur again.

Unfortunately I haven't found where the error originated, or anything else that seems wrong really. I can only hope the corrupt save was just due to a rare chain of events. The versions I just uploaded to the mod browser are practically the same as those from the April 17 update here.

I'm signing out now, to focus completely on my travel preparations. If you are a modder and interested: feel free to take anything from this mod, no need to ask for permission. Keep on civ'ing :)

I started the Europe map as Germany but no one started in their real life locations. I spawned in Denamrk and Persia spawned where Spain was supposed to be. How do I get the civs to spawn TSL?

You should check the box for "load scenario".

P.S. Greetings from Stockholm! About 2,200 km worth of cycling from Belgium. And going up, up, up.

With the beta patch, an item can occasionally not be selected from the build menu. The first time was after the sacred cannon is built, but it's happened at other times. Nothing can be selected for the next build, so the game can't go on. Re-load usually works, but the first time the game had to be restarted.

I haven't seen anyone complain in the main thread on the patch, so I'm guessing it's something gone wrong in here.

Also, all (of the ones I've seen) of the unit graphics were lost (all are spearman). Icons are still fine thankfully!

Thanks for reporting! Unfortunately I'm abroad for at least a month longer and cannot work on the mod from here. So it will remain in hibernation for a while. But I'm sure soon G+K will provide enough distraction ;)

will there be a G+K version? Looks like i need to prepare to test mod compatibilities again.

Echoes of Ages still works for me, maybe the load order has something to do with it. Hopefully steam workshop changes this, in Skyrim workshop you can CHANGE the load order priorities of mods.

I'd like to suggest you to implement Cemeteries in the adaptation of your mod in G&K . You can make this building to be unlocked with Biology and make this building gives some points of faith .

I don't see a cemetery as a building I'm afraid. People have been burying their dead in special places for ages; that's part of what makes us human.

As for the future of this mod: I will update it for the latest patch in a few weeks time. A G+K version is very uncertain; I think I will seek to work on other mod projects rather than continue to go solo. Thanks for your continued interest!

Top Bottom