Liberty and Patronage at Emperor and above

I may replay this start again with Liberty and see if I can get the Pyramids this time by beelining Masonry. I researched Calendar first because I settled on a calendar resource and needed the happiness. Also I didn't expect anyone else to be building the Pyramids because everybody I'd met was going tradition or piety, but I think it was gone by turn 35.

As I mentioned in that other thread on Liberty, I'm playing this game a third time after reading some of the Liberty strategy guides. I didn't change all that much from my first time (and I've scouted the map the same way all 3 times to try to not take advantage of prior knowledge.)

I settled the same 4 cities but one of them is on a different tile, and my pantheon and build orders and ancient-era tech order were different. I may still settle 2 more cities but I think I want to get a few more national wonders first (especially Heroic Epic, Ironworks, and Grand Temple.) I have puppeted an AI capital and another city, and people still want DoF's and research agreements with me.

Small differences in the early game can be huge 100 turns later. I think I was trying to play Liberty like it was Tradition.

Top Bottom