Raliuven SG3 AWE Persia

Well, AW is much easier as the Persians starting next to the Americans than as the Americans starting next to the Persians. :)
And the good company helps, too.

Unfortunately, I just discovered that BOTH of the disk drives on my computer are non-functioning. I will have to take a perma-skip. :( If that changes, I will let you know.

I don't use the CDs anymore for most games. For C3C, I just torrented a crack. Works fine, I suggest you do the same.

Sorry to hear about your computer woes, Aabraxan. That's a bummer.

Getting back to the game, I suggest we hold the chokepoint as we build up our empire. We need to settle some more spots, work on some land, strengthen our army. The Americans don't necessarily need to die just yet, but to be perfectly honest I don't see any reason to keep them alive.

Unfortunately, I just discovered that BOTH of the disk drives on my computer are non-functioning. I will have to take a perma-skip. :( If that changes, I will let you know.

That sucks! I just had to wipe one of my computers because of a nasty virus the kids picked up. :sad:

Looks like you are up Overseer!

Roster
Raliuven (on deck)
Elephantium (warming up)
CKS
Toxicman007 (just played)
TheOverseer714 (Playing)

creamcheese (missing in action?)
Aabraxan (on perma-skip until further notice)

Weekend warrior time, hopefully I can get it done before that, but no guarantees....

Houston, we have a problem. The save is for 450AD, which was the end of CKS' set. The correct save should be 550AD.

'bout halfway, good news and bad news, stay tuned.

Here it is, finally. Sorry it has taken so long, I have no real excuse, other games have doused my ardor for Civ3. The game has hit a snag, we own our continent, and the crossing is 4 or more tiles.. At the moment, I can only guess where the crossing is. We are faced with two choices, build many galleys, or start researching toward caravels. There is a way to get troops across with galleys, but it's a real pain.

Spoiler :

Pre-Flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Open the save, look things over.

Civilian units:
Settlers 4
Workers 12
Slaves 39

Military units:
Warrior 1
Archers 4
Spears 16
Horsemen 4
Immortals 33
Armies 2, 3 Immortals
Catapults 23
Galleys 2

Unit Support:
Total Units: 101
Allowed Units: 72
Support Cost: 29 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Carthage=>eliminated
America=>Strong compared to
Dutch=> Strong compared to

Research: Monotheism, 999 turns 35 gpt, 738 in the bank.
!Great Library in effect!

Hit Enter=>

IBT: Eerily quiet, only movement is an American Galley. No builds finish.

Turn 1, 560 AD: Build roads, move units north.
Found Dakyanus in old Carthage.

IBT: Rusicade Settler=>Wealth.
Sidon Settler=>Galley.
Add front porch to palace.

Turn 2, 570 AD: Build roads, move units north.

IBT: Worker abandon Hippo, why waste corruption on such a place?

Turn 3, 580 AD: Found Bampur in old Carthage, Tureng Tepe in old America.

IBT: Bactra Immortals=>Immortals.

Turn 4, 590 AD: Move troops into attack range at Den Helder and Miami.

IBT: Carthage Settler=>Catapult.
Persepolis Aqueduct=>Statue of Zeus.
Pasagardae Harbor=>Granary.

Turn 5, 600 AD: At Den Helder, eImmortals wins vs rSpear, -2hp. eImmortals wins vs rSpear, -1hp,and we get a Leader! Achamenes sent toward home. vImmortals wins vs rLongbow clean, Den Helder is ours! No gold and a slave taken. DIE Army wins vs 2 rSpears clean, Miami is ours! No booty, America is dead! The shape of our continent suggests that the Dutch are not natives, and the crossing is 4 or 5 tiles at least. We might need to do some fancy maneuvering to get across.

IBT: Atlanta Settler=>Wealth.
Nora Galley=>Galley.
Borazjam and Ghulaman riot, must have grown.

Turn 6, 610AD: Exploration reveals that we are now sole owners of our continent. Merv founded in old America.

IBT: Persepolis and Den Helder riot.
Saldae Worker=>Galley.
Ghulaman Catapult=>Courthouse.

Turn 7, 620AD: Now it gets boring, a builders dream…
Behistun founded in old America.

IBT: Utica Settler=>Courthouse.
Istakhr Catapult=>Courthouse.

Turn 8, 630AD: Founded Kandahar in old Carthage,

IBT: Dutch attack a Galley, first attack fails, second succeeds.
Pasagardae Settler=>Settler.
Arbela Marketpace=>Galley.
Bactra Immortals=> Marketpace.
Sulcis Settler=>Settler.
Egili riots.
Jinjan Catapult=>Wealth.
Dutch finish Knights Templar.

Turn 9, 640AD: Nothing to do…

IBT: Den Helder riots.
Gordium Immortals=>Marketplace.
Sabratha Galley=>Galley.

Turn 10, 650AD: Leave units un-moved, good luck, next player.

Civilian units:
Settlers 5, 3 foreign
Workers 12
Slaves 42
Leader 1

Military units:
Archers 4
Spears 16
Horsemen 4
Immortals 36
Catapults 27, 1 foreign
Armies 2, 3 Immortals
Catapults 23
Galleys 3

Unit Support:
Total Units: 106
Allowed Units: 88
Support Cost: 18 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Carthage=>eliminated
America=> eliminated
Dutch=> Strong compared to

Research: Monotheism, 47 turns 74 gpt, 1334 in the bank.
!Great Library in effect!

The save:

Well, what shall we do with our leader? We still haven't built the FP, but we have no transportable armies. If we have to face Swiss Mercs, we'll want an army there.

I'm for rushing a bunch of galleys to find the Dutch and to look for the rest of the world. If we can locate another big continent without making contact, we can decide what to do with regards to research. If we only make contact after killing the Dutch and the AI is advanced in tech, we can wait to contact a second AI until after they learn whatever techs we want to get from the GL. Otherwise we'd better start up some science farms.

That puts me up next! I'm downloading the save and taking a look right now.

I was looking for a good place for the FP and I came up with Ghulaman. Lots of river tiles, food & hills for production.

We could use the MGL to rush that? Not sure if it is worth it. Otherwise I'll push out settlers to fill in the last of our land and spam galleys to find the others.

Top Bottom