Stop the Nonsense and Release it for PC

ACEofHeart

Warlord
I for one am fed up with bonehead explanations of why CivRev is not being released for PC..!!!:mad:
example,, " as to not confuse it with Civ 5 etc..",, give me a break !!, After over 15 years of supporting the franchise are Civ gamers now considered such morons as to not know the difference.. ??
We all knew that the "Call to Power", CIVmge and Test of Time" were not the next in the Sid series,,just variations by different franchises..
Lot of people ask why PC gamers are unhappy about it,,well I feel there was no excuse to "leave out" those people who have for over a decade shelled out their hard earned money to make Civ the franchise that it is, and to just reward the mostly shoot-em-up console players with a game we strategy PC gamers would like to play is an event I'm not going to forget..!!!
Thanks Sid...

well...the reason everyone knew that Call to Power and the others weren't the next in the series is because they were made by a completely different company than the one Sid worked for.

And I wouldn't call them all 'morons' but the majority of statements I've heard on this board from PC Civ owners were ones complaining about how this was how Civ5 was going to be and declaring their end of civilization love.

ok, maybe that's an overstatement...but seriously 90%+ of all the PC only users I've seen on this board have complained about CivRev and its impact on Civ5(or its being Civ5), very much in the minority are those who want to play CivRev on PC.

I'm not complaining about the game itself as I have yet to play it,,only seen the previews,,or the fact that it was made for consoles. But let's face it,,go into any Gamestop or EB today and you're lucky if you find a single shelf for PC games while there are 50 shelves dedicated for Consoles..
A Civ game that has a new slant, lots of character, and a more fun approach might of been embraced by PC gamers too..
Many people have said that once strategy games start gearing toward consoles, PC gaming will be a eventually become a thing of the past and while I'm not much of an alarmist yet, I do see it as a new trend.
In any case it's probably a moot point,, but it has still left a bad taste in my mouth..:rolleyes: So I had to vent..

I'm not complaining about the game itself as I have yet to play it,,only seen the previews,,or the fact that it was made for consoles. But let's face it,,go into any Gamestop or EB today and you're lucky if you find a single shelf for PC games while there are 50 shelves dedicated for Consoles..
A Civ game that has a new slant, lots of character, and a more fun approach might of been embraced by PC gamers too..
Many people have said that once strategy games start gearing toward consoles, PC gaming will be a eventually become a thing of the past and while I'm not much of an alarmist yet, I do see it as a new trend.
In any case it's probably a moot point,, but it has still left a bad taste in my mouth..:rolleyes: So I had to vent..

PC will never go obsolete, as long as there are developers that want to make PC games and there is a market. Right now, many of those making PC games shoot themselves in the foot by charging too much for games, putting on extreme anti-piracy measures and/or making crap games, and then wondering their games are being pirated.

I for one am fed up with bonehead explanations of why CivRev is not being released for PC..!!!:mad:
example,, " as to not confuse it with Civ 5 etc..",, give me a break !!, After over 15 years of supporting the franchise are Civ gamers now considered such morons as to not know the difference.. ??
We all knew that the "Call to Power", CIVmge and Test of Time" were not the next in the Sid series,,just variations by different franchises..
Lot of people ask why PC gamers are unhappy about it,,well I feel there was no excuse to "leave out" those people who have for over a decade shelled out their hard earned money to make Civ the franchise that it is, and to just reward the mostly shoot-em-up console players with a game we strategy PC gamers would like to play is an event I'm not going to forget..!!!
Thanks Sid...

it's not coming out on a pc get over it, just buy a ds.

PC will never go obsolete, as long as there are developers that want to make PC games and there is a market. Right now, many of those making PC games shoot themselves in the foot by charging too much for games, putting on extreme anti-piracy measures and/or making crap games, and then wondering their games are being pirated.

and by turning everything into a fricking MMO...they should figure out that most PC gamers do not want to pay $10-15 a month just to play a single game...they want to buy the game and be done with it.

and by turning everything into a fricking MMO...they should figure out that most PC gamers do not want to pay $10-15 a month just to play a single game...they want to buy the game and be done with it.

Well, that goes under the category of charging too much IMO, but it probably is prevalent enough that it shoudl get its only mention.

Stop the Nonsense and Release it for PC

How about... Stop the Nonsense and quit asking for something that isn't going happen and all the complaining in the world isn't going to change.

lets get Civ5 for the PC and let the console players have their little own bit of heaven.

as for me i'm going to just sit back on my couch and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Well, that goes under the category of charging too much IMO, but it probably is prevalent enough that it shoudl get its only mention.

IMO, asking for any kind of maintenance fee per month is charging too much. The only MMO I've ever played(and am likely to play, the way things are going) is Guild Wars, because I like the way it is set up. You pay once, and you're done unless you want to get the added stuff from the expansions...then you buy an expansion and are done unless you want the next, etc.

I would love to play WoW, the rumored KOTOR and Elder Scrolls MMOs(dunno if they are actually being made...I would hope not, since I won't pay to play and I want them to make more sequels that are RPGs like the ones already made), and the Star Trek and Stargate MMOs(should they ever come out...), but they are all likely to charge monthly fees, and I don't agree with that.

I feel that they should create the game, and if they want to add stuff later to continue expanding on the product you purchased...charge for that new content. If you want to require it, then go for it...require them to buy the new content....but don't make them pay every month to continue using something they already gave you $40-$50 for.

I've noticed you pick both Gamestop and EB ( now owned by Gamestop) which doesn't sell PC hardware. If you go where PC are sold this isn't true. Two good examples are Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

Real intelligent counter-points "get over it" ?? "Go buy a DS" ??
Forums are for voicing your opinion about a subject,,be it the good,the bad and the ugly..And I for one do not like the decision of not a PC CivRev version and thus am voicing it..!!!
If all a forum was intended for was to come and praise,, it's no longer a Forum,, it's just a fan club..
P.S. I have been Walmart and BestBuy more times them my credit card bill would like,, their selection of PC games is also weak..especially Walmart.

For a start, stop putting double punctuation marks. What's the point? :confused:

CivRev has been designed solely for consoles in mind, thus it is being released for consoles. If Civ IV was ported to consoles as it is it would be unplayable - it is far too complicated. However, with a specialized version of Civ available for people with a console it provides a unique experiance. Don't like it? Buy a console/handheld whatever.

Sid is not stupid - he's going to make much more money selling his game on Consoles, than having it stolen on PC's.... (Nobody has broken PS3's DRM encryption so far.)

Mostly Russians since they're the last people to ever get the games.

it happens a lot in central and south america, and in many parts of Asia(singapore and thailand anyone?) Most companies dont' even bother localizing games for those areas anymore because they never sell...who's gonna pay $30+ for a game when they can get a pirated version on any street corner for $1-2?

It's specifically designed for console. I don't want to see Civ going down the road of bad console ports to cash in on the PC as well.

QFT....,,,,,,,

Top Bottom