Final Frontier Demo Up!!!!

Yes, the full version of Final Frontier has random maps, with custom options to set Feature & Star System density as well as size.

Jon

That is completely awesome..I downloaded the demo, and after I played it, became nervous that it would be the same map every time in full BtS version.

I will honestly say, that (even though I played only 100 turns of it) Final Frontier is my favorite civilization scenario I have EVER played!

Thanks for all your hard work Jon!

this mod is better than the whole Warlords expansion!
lol
BtS rocks!!1!7

Final Frontier is insane, awesome mod, i havent had any crashing problems btw with leader heads, i dont know why u all are, could just be because its a demo its not necessarily complete yet.

Haha, thanks guys. :) I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. It was in development for about a year and I'm pretty pleased with it. And yes, I'm the "real" Jon Shafer. ;)

the only think i hate is that there are some "recycled" icons from the epic game in your mod :(
i hope this is only in the demo…
I'm afraid all of the icons you see in the demo will be what's in the final version. It takes a while to make all of those buttons, and, well, I couldn't convince our artists to stop working on, you know, the REST of the expansion to make more. ;)

Jon

I've had the same problem; The Brotherhood leaderhead is crashing the game. It's two leaderheads that are missed up for me. The other one is New Earth's Hector Alvarez (No ill effects, but shows up as a purple blob with eyes)

Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo version, but even if it's still there in the full version it should be an easy fix.
What video card do you have in your computer?

Jon

Loving the mod Jon.

I'm honestly buying the expansion for this mod alone, I don't really care much about what else they are putting in.

Yes, the full version of Final Frontier has random maps, with custom options to set Feature & Star System density as well as size.

Jon

Hey Jon, I also want to thank you for your incredible mod - I'm still getting my head around it all but I'm having a lot of fun doing so. I love that you've made something so different work so well within Civ, and it looks incredible too! Just wondering - is there any way of telling what the stats of the various planets are before you colonise a system? At the moment I'm kinda just guessing which systems to colonise.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Hey Jon, I also want to thank you for your incredible mod - I'm still getting my head around it all but I'm having a lot of fun doing so. I love that you've made something so different work so well within Civ, and it looks incredible too! Just wondering - is there any way of telling what the stats of the various planets are before you colonise a system? At the moment I'm kinda just guessing which systems to colonise.
Unfortunately no. It was an interface issue I wasn't able to resolve before release (it's hard to give information about things "on the map" that aren't units, especially when they're moving). I'm hoping to add something to help with that for a future patch, but I have to figure out how first. ;)

Jon

I have to agree with everyone else, this mod is awesome! I was interested from the first I heard about it but it's better than I expected. Wish I could play more than 100 turns though... next week hurry up!

I'm afraid all of the icons you see in the demo will be what's in the final version. It takes a while to make all of those buttons, and, well, I couldn't convince our artists to stop working on, you know, the REST of the expansion to make more. ;)

it's a shame ;)
but at least it is very easy to replace the icons :)
the only problem is to find proper ones ;)

thx again for this masterpiece!

it's a shame ;)
but at least it is very easy to replace the icons :)
the only problem is to find proper ones ;)

thx again for this masterpiece!
Yeah, if nothing else you can just go to Google and find things to replace what's in there already. We didn't have that liberty because, well, we'd rather not get sued. ;)

Jon

Perhaps a mission for scout ships that pulls up a modified "city" screen usable over the system star?

Enjoyed the scenario quite a bit; I was surprised at how polished it seemed. Looking forward to the rest of BtS.

Unfortunately no. It was an interface issue I wasn't able to resolve before release (it's hard to give information about things "on the map" that aren't units, especially when they're moving). I'm hoping to add something to help with that for a future patch, but I have to figure out how first. ;)

Jon

Ah well, no matter - I'll just colonise or conquer all of them just to be on the safe side :D
What about the actual planet/system graphics? Is there a particular code to it all (like yellow star for food-rich system, blue for mineral-rich etc - or production adjustments for the blue glow/rings/moon around the planets)?

I have to say, Final Frontier is probably the only scenario that I've been looking forward too since it was announced :p

Ah well, no matter - I'll just colonise or conquer all of them just to be on the safe side :D
What about the actual planet/system graphics? Is there a particular code to it all (like yellow star for food-rich system, blue for mineral-rich etc - or production adjustments for the blue glow/rings/moon around the planets)?
The color of the Stars is irrelevant. However, the colors of the planets indicate their type which determines the amount of food/production/commerce they produce. At the very least I'll probably add something to the Civilopedia in the future to list what planets give what.

Jon

What video card do you have in your computer?

Jon

Mine came with the computer, something like an "Intel Totally Exteme Graphics to-the-Max 2000".

I understand it's a lousy card for gaming, and causes other display problems with Civ IV but I've never seen the game crash like this.

I assumed it was something like the Mehmed II problem, but this doesn't seem to effect as many people.

This mod is great. I don't usually care about mods, but I could almost buy the entire expansion just for this one. Haven't had any problems other than getting used to the Alpha Centaurish techs.

after modding the Final Frontier Demo (1/4 cost for techs/units/buildings) i had the best civ4 game ever! it was so much fun!

but after this it makes it even harder to wait for the full game :cry:

That's about the only thing I'm struggling with too, seems I have to constantly click from one planet to the next to determine which has what :food: :hammers: :commerce: ratio, and then click on the 'build here' to see which buildings are available/built for that planet.
I personally could live without moving planets in the system (city) screen, if that would simplify the interface.

Don't get me wrong, that's about the only point in the FF Demo that can be criticized, it really is an awesome idea and implementation, showing new heights on what can be modded, well done! :goodjob:

Top Bottom