Final Frontier

6. Most importantly, during the Starbase building phase, i built as many stealth ships as i could.
I used these throughout the game to destroy other construction ships, pillage warp lanes (all of them :) and pillage improvements (for Credits and to disallow the AI civs from using resources). You really need to keep up with this in order to beat the civs at Deity.

Were you playing with the mod that gives planet defense ships see stealth? otherwise using the stealth ships is kind of a "cheat" as the AI never uses them and never builds scouts to detect stealth ships. Allowing the steath ships complete immunity from any counter attack.

Granted, I've never tried FF at diety so maybe they are balanced at that level.:scan:

I know i'm plugging my own mod here but has anyone here tried the Babylon 5 mod we are working on?
Stealth ships have been removed from the mod for the time being, may bring them back in as Techno mage ships if i feel the need for them.
There are lots of techs, more civs and if you keep raging barbarians on there is definitely a challenge.
I hope some of you give it a go and provide some feedback as i would love to hear what people think about it and also what you feel could be improved on or toned down/removed or added.
Looking forward to some replies.

Final Frontier comes with BtS. If you have BtS and don't have Final Frontier, you have a defective installation.

As far a porting it over to vanilla, there may be stuff in the XML and python that it needs that doesn't exist in vanilla. I really don't know, I've never tired it, but I do know that you will have to re-work the terrain because hostile terrain doesn't exist in vanilla (the tag exists in BtS but is only used by Final Frontier).
Yes, you are right! unfortunately, I need a new BTS to MOD for that software, because Civ IV Vanilla doesn't allow me to do many things.
A: The Solar Systems
B: Hostile Terrain -- Black holes, novas, and all else.
C: Neither game allows me to create a campaign!
Just got to get a new BTS, that's all.

Fortunately, the story version of the mod is being printed in PDF format for a better explanation on abilities and skills of the traditional MODs for Vanilla, Civilization Dawning, Rise of Man, Metropolis, and King of Kings.

The Solar Systems were created in python so it may be possible to port them over to vanilla depending on if the python methods needed exist in vanilla or not (I think python has seen less changes but I've never used python pre-BtS so I really have no idea). Hostile terrain could probably be recreated via python as well. Depending on what you want for the campaign, that may also be possible in python. All of these could probably be done in the SDK.

Top Bottom