Is Interfaith Dialogue Broken?

I'm playing a game as Korea and picked "Interfaith Dialogue" (Gain Science when a Missionary spreads this religion to cities of other religions). But I do not see any bump in science (either via the tech tree or total science #) when I do spread my religion to cites with other religions. I even converted a civ's Holy City from theirs to mine (a total of 10 citizens) with my "messiah" empowered Great Prophet with the bump of the Mosque of Djenne! Must the converting unit be a missionary for this to work? :dunno:

For IF to work, the best scenario is to have 1 follower of your religion in a large holy city. The key of IF is not to become the dominant religion in a large city like you did with your great prophet. The AI will most likely wipe out your conversion in their holy city with their great prophet or an inquisitor they had on standby or generated from one of their other cities.

One IF guide I saw awhile back suggested to attrition your missionaries to their lowest conversion strength in an AI's territory (1000 to 250?) and then buy open borders from said AI for 50g. Then spread those missionaries, using one conversion, to as many large cities as possible. Since you are not flipping the AI's capitols to your religion, they won't get pissed off at your proselytizing ways.

I had that question too. I don't seem to get any results whatsoever every-time I use missionaries on enemy cities. Do the beakers go directly to the tech been researched or are they supposed to be added to the beaker pool for that turn?

I had that question too. I don't seem to get any results whatsoever every-time I use missionaries on enemy cities. Do the beakers go directly to the tech been researched or are they supposed to be added to the beaker pool for that turn?

No...I see absolutely no bump in progress on the tech tree advancement; unlike Korea's building of a science building in its' Capital you instantly see that sort of bump.

Are you saying you see no beaker improvement with a missionary converting SOME/ BUT NOT ALL of the opposing cities citizens to your faith? As this would seems to go against the recommendation of BShaftoe above!?

Questions for IF to actually work'''
1) Must you use a missionary vs a Great Prophet?
2) Must you convert only SOME vs ALL of a cities citizen to your faith?
3) do you get a beaker increase or a bump in current tech tree researched item?

BShaftoe: FYI...the AI has still not reconverted his Holy City back to his religion. My Messiah GP in one shot converted his entire 10 population to my religion.

4) Is there a "wait period" for IF to work/take effect?

My thoughts were IF coupled with "Messiah" Prophets with Mosque of Djenne bump would make spreading my religion spreading easy and unstoppable and give Korea yet another science bump :rockon: with each city hit with this peaceful weapon of choice. But with IF seemingly broken this has me :wallbash:

Was originally just described as Missionaries, but Civilopedia was recently updated to say Missionary or Prophet and I recall that Prophets do work (they are overkill, however, since you can't re-use them on the same city on the next turn, like you can with missionaries).

Was originally just described as Missionaries, but Civilopedia was recently updated to say Missionary or Prophet and I recall that Prophets do work (they are overkill, however, since you can't re-use them on the same city on the next turn, like you can with missionaries).

qv GP Messiah with Mosque of Djenne Bump. Hit the city once and move on. Super missionary. usable five times...five cities totally converted with one shot. Tie that to tithe-ing and you are talking Cash Cha-ching too!

If your goal is spreading your religion, and gaining the benefits of other founder beliefs, like Tithe, Church Property or Ceremonial Burial, 5-shot Great Prophets are far better than Missionaries. But if your founder belief is Interfaith Dialogue and your goal is just to camp out next to another AI's holy city farming beakers (ID works best when the number of followers of other religions is higher), 3-shot missionaries are more efficient -- lower cost in the earlier game (GPr costs rise quickly) and they convert few (if any) followers in cities with well-established religions, so there's less need to move the missionary between turns.

No...I see absolutely no bump in progress on the tech tree advancement; unlike Korea's building of a science building in its' Capital you instantly see that sort of bump.

Are you saying you see no beaker improvement with a missionary converting SOME/ BUT NOT ALL of the opposing cities citizens to your faith? As this would seems to go against the recommendation of BShaftoe above!?

Have used both a Great prophet to do a full conversion of a capital and then reloaded and send a missionary. At both times either there was no effect or I am blind/clueless and I don't know/see what I am looking for.

Top Bottom