[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Talon500 said:
How far are you on this mod?

About 9 months in. We are working on closing "Light" right now. After that comes "Fire", then "Shadow", then "Ice". After all that we should be ready to kill this monster and go on to something else.

I mean beta, alpha

I see... I think i have and old version of the mod, I like it alot.

Kael said:
... After all that we should be ready to kill this monster and go on to something else.

*Gasp*...*Gasp*...*Cough, Cough*! Kill it...! :sad:

Your not aloud to kill this :gripe: Its just to good. There would be a cult... and angry civ forumers. Well capture you and put you in a room and (of cource after we cater to your ever need :) ) well fource you to continue. :lol: j/k

But it would be sad to see the end of Ffh :sad:

Civkid1991 said:
*Gasp*...*Gasp*...*Cough, Cough*! Kill it...! :sad:

Your not aloud to kill this :gripe: Its just to good. There would be a cult... and angry civ forumers. Well capture you and put you in a room and (of cource after we cater to your ever need :) ) well fource you to continue. :lol: j/k

But it would be sad to see the end of Ffh :sad:

Agreed, don't kill our baby...

Hehe... nah, I know what you mean... and I bet all us forumers are waiting anciously for this mod to reach perfection, which is already pretty close to the state it is in at this point in the beta (eccept for all the other fabolous ideas you have for fire etc.).

That being said... what will you guys start working on once this is done???

Dont start that discussion... :p

Who knows where it could lead? But i do know that while considering it concentration on FfH could falter and we dont want that.

Finish this and then think about it.

(Warhammer 40K)

Lucius Sulla said:
Playing as the Elohim, noble difficulty, I built the Rites of Oghma ritual... and nothing at all happened. Several turns have passed and no new magic node appears.

Ill run a playtest to make sure. But the nodes dont have to be in your lands, they are randomly scattered. Mayeb I'll put popup arrows on them so the player has some indicationt hat they were successfully created and in which direction they lie.

Kael said:
Ill run a playtest to make sure. But the nodes dont have to be in your lands, they are randomly scattered. Mayeb I'll put popup arrows on them so the player has some indicationt hat they were successfully created and in which direction they lie.

I actually reviewed all the map with the editor, and no new node actually appeared in all the map. Anyway I must say that I was occupying more than 40% of the land so I guess some node would have appeared in my lands, anyway.

@talchas (or anyone who know python stuff for Ffh)
Ummm... I was just looking through some of the python coding for your mod and some of the python for vanilla civ. I was wondering where the file "CvPythonExtensions" was. I see it in most every file but cant find it in the python folder.
I was also wondering what the cyglobalcontext() function does... i also see that in may file with the pointer "gc" (i think that's what its called?)

Civkid1991 said:
@talchas (or anyone who know python stuff for Ffh)
Ummm... I was just looking through some of the python coding for your mod and some of the python for vanilla civ. I was wondering where the file "CvPythonExtensions" was. I see it in most every file but cant find it in the python folder.
I was also wondering what the cyglobalcontext() function does... i also see that in may file with the pointer "gc" (i think that's what its called?)
CvPythonExtensions consists of functions and classes exported by the exe and CvGameCoreDLL.dll. CyGlobalContext() creates a CyGlobalContext object (or returns a singleton version, not sure which), which holds many general functions for interacting with the dll. If you want to know what is exported, look at the python api here

talchas said:
CvPythonExtensions consists of functions and classes exported by the exe and CvGameCoreDLL.dll. CyGlobalContext() creates a CyGlobalContext object (or returns a singleton version, not sure which), which holds many general functions for interacting with the dll. If you want to know what is exported, look at the python api here

Thanks for the explanation and the link... it's really helpfull :)

@Kael
I just played a game with octopus overlord as the state religion. I later adopted herititary rule (which adds +happyness for unites in the city). I was wondering if it was perpousfull to have the drowns not be able to add to this (i dont get a bonus for undead units)?

Civkid1991 said:
@Kael
I just played a game with octopus overlord as the state religion. I later adopted herititary rule (which adds +happyness for unites in the city). I was wondering if it was perpousfull to have the drowns not be able to add to this (i dont get a bonus for undead units)?

That is indeed intentional, and has been explained as such before. Basically the logic is that, well, would you -really- feel that much safer with undead stalking the streets of your city? ;)

I guess it could be argued that they could implement some form of martial law and keep the citizens "happy", or at least away from protesting.. But as it is it's kind enough that undead don't make citizens -unhappy-. *s*

Cheers!

On a side-note, I played a rather amusing game today. If a rather pathetic one. In short, the lesson learned is about as simple as; being at war with a militant neighbor with a tier 2 copper-fueled army is more painful than headbutting the wall when your own army, however sizeable, consists of warriors (or Enforcers as the case might be). :p

It was a fun game though, a very desperate battle for survival against overwhelming odds, pitting the stalwart Bannor empire against the unwashed pillaging mobs of the Clan of Embers. Truly epic.

Rather amusingly I had an Enforcer attacking a wounded Rantine, shielded in a forest, across a river. I hoped at best to take a chunk out of him, and my odds were damn near to zero since he was well over 100xp. But lo and behold, my Enforcer kills him. The little tyke gained something like 62xp in one fell blow.

Granted, he later fell in defense of the capitol when they reached it, but t'was heroic! Heroic I tells ye! :goodjob:

And.. then it didn't take long before I did. Cripes. But it was fun. ;) And a useful lesson not to be too damn focused on getting that religion. Then again.. When I acquired bronze working it was only to find out I had none, oh well.

Cheers!

:lol: that seems reasonable. Another question: is there something im missing or are the target spells (charm, domination, rage, etc) not working yet? When i played the last game i tryed one of the spells for the first time and i had no results. Do i have to wait till the next release or am i doing something wrong?

Well i don't know what im doing wrong. Last night i had OO as the state religion and sent a high preist out to destroy one of those annoying barb cities that spaw just right next to your border. I desided to use hideous thought on the orc spearmen and when i clicked nothing happened. There was no enragment or damage. It's really annoying and limiting me from enjoying fall from heaven compleatly :sad: . I can't stress how annoy this is... if anyone knows how to fix this or what im doing wrong (kael?, talchas?) please help!!!

~CivKid~

Civkid1991 said:
Well i don't know what im doing wrong. Last night i had OO as the state religion and sent a high preist out to destroy one of those annoying barb cities that spaw just right next to your border. I desided to use hideous thought on the orc spearmen and when i clicked nothing happened. There was no enragment or damage. It's really annoying and limiting me from enjoying fall from heaven compleatly :sad: . I can't stress how annoy this is... if anyone knows how to fix this or what im doing wrong (kael?, talchas?) please help!!!

~CivKid~

I did some playing with it this morning and I noticed the following process:

1. Click the spell you want to cast.
2. Click the tile you want to target, it must be within range (tiles within range will have a green square around them when the cursor is over them).
3. A popup box will allow you to select a unit. Pick a unit.
4. Now the important part, it takes a second for the spell to "load" (well its doing something for a second). When the spell is ready you will see the action buttons of the caster in the bottom bar, if the bottom bar is blank and you hit the Cast button in the popup nothing will happen.

I suspect that you are hitting cast to quickly, I will pass it along to Talchas and see if there is a way to grey out the cast button or something until its ready.

Top Bottom