Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice

Kael

Deity
I know Nikis-Knight already provided a link for this in another thread but I tohught it deserved a thread of its own. Be sure to check out the screenshots, the art team really outdid themselves and if you wonder why they havn't produced many new models for "Fire" now you know where they have been spending their time.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/796/796807p1.html

Awesome. This is well and beyond what I was expecting. Congrats to Kael and the FfH team.

Someday in the far flung future, it would be cool if there was a way of carrying forward from a completed game in the Age of Ice into the Age of Rebirth.

And I wanted to give a public thank you to Maniac and Vorshlumpf, who have been playtesting Age of Ice for the past few months and really helped us make sure it is as good as possible.

Be sure to check out the screenshots,
Just keep in mind. Even after you watched all 24 pics you still didn't see everything!
the art team really outdid themselves and if you wonder why they havn't produced many new models for "Fire" now you know where they have been spending their time.
Actually in my case it's different. I admit I'm just lazy:p
But seriously what was most impressive during all that hard work(on which I only participated since january) was the crazy amount of effort Kael personally put into this project while managing FFH2 and more at the same time!
He's allways humbly talking like he just did some small part of it so I feel I have to set this right: this guy is incredible! I really think he's in possession of some strange device that offsets his realtimeflow to effectively 48 hours a day else I can't imagine how he was able to do everything he did!
Not only the artteam but the whole team of writers, designers and not to forget hexagonian who contributed some awesome artwork as well as maniac and vorschlumpf who helped with their great playtestfeedback outdid themselves to make this a product we all like(and I hope the community will too).

Honestly I never liked FFH because the genre never pulled me in to try it, but just from seeing this I can't wait to try it. I can only expect pure excellence from all the hard work you have been doing for us.:D Thanks!

will this make 'ice' playable for normal skirmish games? and if so, will the blue dragon, Mulcarn unit, and the environment changes be implemented?

Wow. Just wow.
Just playing Age of Ice is reason enough (I think) to get BtS.
Quick question, though; does the scenario still play out using the map generator scripts? Or is there now a "canon" Erebus map?

As the interview states it's a fixed setting. The random maps that's what the main mod is for. The scenario we made has and the ones we're planning to do in the far future will probably all have Erebus maps(as long they don't go for Heaven, Hell or Space that is - who knows:crazyeye: )

The Age of Ice looks great. It was a pleasant surprise to get more backstory in a prequel scenario rather than just FfH I made compatible with the expansion.

I assume thats Mulcarn's dragon in the picture. Are we required to slay it in the scenario, thus explaining why the Illians can't build the beast, or will CoTD be expanded just so you can reuse the art? ;)

I have to chip in here and say this looks incredible! Sounds like a fantastic scenario and the new graphics look very very nice indeed. Plus playing as my beloved Amurites! Good choice!

And to think I was planning to put off a BtS purchase until Shadow was released...

Good luck in balancing!

Swish. Just swish. Hugely exceeding my expectations for the FfH content in BtS, and amazingly promising for Shadow too. You guys rock; I can't see myself playing much else for a while :)

I'm really excited about that, i din't expect a scenario based on FfH2 backstory.Great and congratulations to the team!

About the content i'm really interested about the climate feature and i have noticed some new cool art, will they be introduced in later phases of the mod or they are just an exclusive of Age of Ice?

AoI is what pulled me over to here... (ffh2). ;)

...and it's really great to see that the ffh universe is moving into a scenario focus now.

You now have the means to flesh out the stories of this world.

Top Bottom