PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Guys let's do the war with units in the game instead of words on the forum. I hope the conflict ends before war weariness becomes an issue for anyone.

I added an issue for this turn. This is probably getting annyoing but send me pictures or info you want added to the news. I won't post on the main thread every time I update it anymore I'm sure my messages are unnecessary. The main purpose of the news is for anyone new joining to catch up or for outsiders to read a really cool story. I don't even know if you can view the group messages if you're not in the group lol.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=5167
If you think something is biased or unfair I'll take stuff down or add others up to balance it. This job would best go to someone from outside the game lol. It's just supposed to be a neutral record

Meaning first strike against Britain. Obviously I wouldn't leave Algiers undefended so close to Gibralter if I had wantes war with Britain. Nevertheless, what's done is done. On pure game mechanics, it was your diplomatic advisor who said "are you sure you want to declare war" or something to that effect, and thus will get the drawbacks of war-weariness over time.
Although, to quote Charles de Gaulle(iirc): France without Algeria is not France. Maybe not, but we still pack one heck of an army.

I have no doubt the French Army is somthing to reckon with I am not happy to be in a war so early but figured if I let you push me around this early in the game it would only escalate later. I think you had in mind I was more of a Neville Chamberlain but instead found me to be more of a Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill or not just saying.
Also no hard feelings or personal feeling against you Bengal Tiger I am just playing England as I think they would have reacted to such an event happening to them.

And the words on the forum are just in fun not real meaning or intent behind them I thought BT and I where just making it a little more intesting. I have read alot of other pbem threads and seems to be the norm back and forth once war starts, if I steped out of line for any thing I said I do apologize for it.

I have not checked out the update to the archive yet so going to do that next.

Not looking forward to the French counter attack :spank:

Jureil

<= AoI PBEM Gazette in previous post

GPS Portugal to France, Bengal Tiger.

No news from lusitan lands.

RIP Cuban Natives, you were a brave opponent (actually they weren´t...they sucked :pat:)

The Republic strikes back

After initial bombardment of Milan destroying city defense:
Chasseur Alpin Infantry attacks garrison-retreats with 1/5 hp
ibid-Chasseur dies against garrison
ibid- Chasseur Alpin kills italian infantry
French colonial infantry kills city garrison
Milan falls!

Minor bombardment on Ottoman fleet off Malta, nothing major.

French Legionnaire attacks British colonial infantry in Benghazi and dies
Colonial cav kills said British infantry and takes Benghazi.

Naval Bombardment redlines British infantry in Macau.
French colonial infantry kills said infantry and takes Macau back.
French colonial infantry takes Hong Kong unmolested.
French Tb sinks British one of Hong Kong
Ibid
French PC sinks last Tb off Hong Kong.

French TB sinks British transport in Gibralter
Ibid just off Gibralter
French Tb does 1 damage to British infantry in Algiers.

Peace negotiations to follow...

Aargh for some reason my save file didn't appear. I'll attempt to do a carbon copy redo...

By the way, does the Italian Infantry on malta mean Britain is giving it to Italy(presumably for attacking me) or is Italy going to declare war...

EDIT: Alright sent off without a hitch.

The Republic strikes back

After initial bombardment of Milan destroying city defense:
Chasseur Alpin Infantry attacks garrison-retreats with 1/5 hp
ibid-Chasseur dies against garrison
ibid- Chasseur Alpin kills italian infantry
French colonial infantry kills city garrison
Milan falls!

Minor bombardment on Ottoman fleet off Malta, nothing major.

French Legionnaire attacks British colonial infantry in Benghazi and dies
Colonial cav kills said British infantry and takes Benghazi.

Naval Bombardment redlines British infantry in Macau.
French colonial infantry kills said infantry and takes Macau back.
French colonial infantry takes Hong Kong unmolested.
French Tb sinks British one of Hong Kong
Ibid
French PC sinks last Tb off Hong Kong.

French TB sinks British transport in Gibralter
Ibid just off Gibralter
French Tb does 1 damage to British infantry in Algiers.

Peace negotiations to follow...

I can't wait to see the save I was reading your attacks and just does not seem possible what you did you must have had perfect luck and hit everying to take Macau and Hong Kong and sink my fleet....Hmmmmmm?
I just remembered I did not have anyone in Hong Kong so that helps explain it!

*an envoy from The Balcan States enters the world forum*

Greetings, a message from Tasonne, noble ruler of The Balcans,

It has come to His Majesty's attention that our once peaceful lands have begun to become stricken with conflict. Let it be known that, while The Mighty King Of Greece had fallen ill and been unable to entertain your envoys, his health has returned. Our honourable leader is now preparing to dispatch emissaries to several of your courts. We are appreciative of your understanding during these trying times.

May the Gods bless your peoples,

*an envoy from The Balcan States enters the world forum*

Greetings, a message from Tasonne, noble ruler of The Balcans,

May the Gods bless your peoples,

And here I thought the Balkans were Orthodox Christian, not pagan...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom