Luxury Resources and Unique Resources

When? Was it recently? Do you have a source? Because the rumoured quote that came from a while back said nothing of the sort. :confused:

What about the Live Stream? I'm pretty sure he said there was one new resource that he couldn't reveal because it would give away a civilization.

I'm no expert on the history of spice trade but let's imagine he had instead said: "Yeah, there is one new resource and it's nutmeg.", would that have been an automatic confirmation of Indonesia as a new civ or would there still have been some uncertainty? Because the way he was quoted in a few of the threads here, it seemed that the mention of the resource would leave no doubt as to what the connected civ was.

I'm pretty sure he said there is a new resource. which refers to a single resource. I tried looking for the quote, so if you can prove me wrong go ahead, I'm not in condition to watch a 60 minute video for the question.

I'm no expert on the history of spice trade but let's imagine he had instead said: "Yeah, there is one new resource and it's nutmeg.", would that have been an automatic confirmation of Indonesia as a new civ or would there still have been some uncertainty? Because the way he was quoted in a few of the threads here, it seemed that the mention of the resource would leave no doubt as to what the connected civ was.

Mentioning nutmeg as the new resource would have been an automatic confirmation of Indonesia. Indonesia, and specifically the Banda Islands, was the only source of nutmeg in the world until about 1815, when the British uprooted some nutmeg trees and moved them to Sri Lanka.

Top Bottom