New ideas ....

happycamper

Chieftain
Any of the expert modders out there willing to tackle a new project?

I know this is a huge undertaking and with BNW out soon, it will probably have to wait until after that. Some of the bonuses I have listed could obviously change with BNW, so they aren't set in stone. Some of these ideas are mine, others I've added from other posters on the forums here, all I think are good ideas.

I know that some of these things are currently found in mods already, I was just thinking that it would be beneficial to have them included here to better mesh with everything and tweaked to work with BNW.

Not all the ideas are fully thought out, but if someone is willing to take this on, I can do some finish work to polish off the techs (where they fit, ect), what units require what tech, ect.

This is also posted on the Steam forums here. I will update that posting with newer ideas.

World Wonders

• The Internet (10% science, requires an ISP in every city to build)
  • Human Genome Project (+5% growth in all cities, unlocks with Genetics)
  • CERN (grants 2 great scientists, unlocks with Particle Physics)
  • Large Hadron Collider (+2% science in city which it's built, unlocks with Particle Physics)
  • Red Cross (+10 food in all cities, unlocks with Penicillin)

National Wonders

• Space Station (requires 15 Spaceship factories, adds +10 science)
  • Cheyenne Mountain (gives +15 xp to all new units, must be built near a mountain)
  • Buckingham Palace (Adds +10 to the resting point with all CS)
  • Chunnel (adds 1% GPT)
  • SDI / Missle defense system (Increases the chance to intercept enemy nukes by 75%)
  • Virtual Reality Center (adds +25 happiness)
  • West Point Military Academy (adds +10xp to all newly built units in that city)
  • Comi-con (adds +15 happiness)
  • National Power Grid (+5 production per city and +8 GPT)
  • Space Needle (adds tourism <BNW>)
  • Hoover Dam (adds tourism + 8 production to the city where it's built, must be on a river)
  • Kennedy Space Center (adds tourism)

Buildings

• Ferry terminals (must be built on a river/coast and opens a trade route along the water)
  • Manufacturing plants (remember those from civ 3 iirc) adds 25% production but consumes 5 food (for the pollution effect)
  • Cloning centers (increases population growth by 10%)
  • Cathedrals (upgrade to temples, adds +3 faith per Catherdral)
  • Drydock (must have shipyard, adds +10 xp to newly built naval units in this city)
  • Biolabs (must have medical lab, adds +15% food)
  • Shipyards (must have factory, allows drydock)
  • Video Arcades (adds +5 science and a prereq for Virtual Reality)
  • Foundry (+5 production, available with Metallurgy)
  • Automated Assembly Plant (requires Automation, Computers and Nanotechnology, must have manufacturing plant, adds 10% production after manufacturing plants)
  • ISP (grants 1% science per buildings, max of 10%. Required in all cities to build The Internet world wonder)
  • Hydroponics Farm (+5 food)
  • Electrical power station (+3 production)
  • Garmet Factory (+3 gpt, must have improved Cotton nearby)
  • Winery (+2 gpt, must have improved wine nearby)
  • Distillery (+2 gpt, must have improved sugar nearby)
  • Space Refinery (requires Space Mining, converts 2 Aluminum and 2 Uranium into 1 Nobelium)
  • Fusion Plant (15% production, final production boost)
  • Shopping Mall (+2 happiness, +5 gpt, unlocks with Economics)
  • Butcher Shop (+1 food, requires cattle nearby)

Techs

• Cloning (makes available cloning centers)
  • Genetics (increases the effectiveness of hospitals and other growth buildings by 5%)
  • Nanotechnology
  • Space Mining (Opens access to Nobelium, (more rare than uranium, does not appear on map)
  • Artificial Intelligence (opens access to UAV and adv robotics)
  • Cloud Computing (grants 1 free tech)
  • Automation (allows Robotic Facotry)
  • Hydroponics
  • Semiconductor
  • Grid Computing (allows ISP)
  • Sonar (available with Radar)
  • Particle Physics
  • Land Reclamation (allows for building of small 1-3 hex additions. Must be built on shallow coastline. Consumes worker after completion. Default tile type is desert.)
  • Terraforming (can only be used on reclaimed tiles, converts desert to grassland.)

Tile Improvements

• Mag-Lev Rail (+3 move bonus, improves rail)
  • Tunnel (requires TBM)
  • Sonar Net (builds a sonar buoy that will detect enemy ships unto 3 tiles away, can be built in any non resource water tile you own, built by workboats)

Units

• Tunnel Boring Machine (can build a tunnel on a mountain tile)
  • Robotic Infantry
  • Stealth Sub (undetectable even if unit is in next tile)
  • UAV
  • Railgun Armor
  • Railgun Battleship
  • SR-71 Blackbird / U-2 (Recon only, range of 25)
  • AWACS (Airborn General, grants 5% evasion to interception to all aircraft within 100 tiles)

Resources

• Nobelium (more rare than Uranium)

Natural Wonders

• Yellowstone
  • Yosemite
  • Grand Canyon
  • Crater Lake

Other stuff I'd like to have

Tech Trading
Map Trading
More spying options (I really don't care that much if Ghandi is plotting against Washington). I would much rather be able to slow Ghandi down by poisining his food stores. Sabotaging his production. More options!

Top Bottom