Unit Flags/Strategic View

Krajzen

Deity
Uhm... Does anybody know where are unit flags/sv files? I am helping mrc with '3rd component' project few missing flags/sv but cannot find ANY reference about it :p

Any tips about where the hell are those images (I would like to compare my flag ideas with them) and how to create custom ones? ;)

All the sv_*.dds files in resource\dx9\StrategicViewTextures.fpk

You'll need Nexus or DragonUnpacker to extract them

They're packed up within those pesky .fpk files within
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9

You'll need something like Dragon Unpacker to extract the files.

Flags for units from Vanilla are in: UITextures.fpk
Flags for units from G&K are in: Expansion1UITextures.fpk
Flags for units from BNW are in: Expansion2UITextures.fpk

EDIT: D'oh, not only ninja'd by whoward but I didn't realize the OP was talking about SV. :crazyeye:

The SV icons and unit flags can be found in various .fpk files in resource\dx9 folder, you can unpack them using the Nexus or Dragon Unpacker.

SV icons are .dds files, their names start with "sv_".

Unit flag atlases are pairs of .dds and ...-index.dds files, their names contain "unitflagatlas". To decrypt them you need this tool. They come in white and black color, I'm not sure if you need both versions or only one. If you make custom atlases, you don't need to convert them to the "index" form again - a normal .dds file will do.

As for creating new ones, I'm not an expert of the subject, but this utility is probably a good one.

whoward69 said:
All the sv_*.dds files in resource\dx9\StrategicViewTextures.fpk

The SV icons for units that were added in expansions and DLC packs are in different files (for example the G&K ones are in Expansion1UITextures.fpk)

Top Bottom