Modding limitations question

FireSight

Chieftain
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to have a new game start, loading a custom scenario, when the base game reaches it's endpoint. I would like to be able to mod something like GalCiv into the Civ 5 engine, and then have your starting faction be based on how you won (or survived) the base game of Civ 5. So if you conquer everyone, you start with an Empire type government, get bonuses to expanding and unit production, while a diplomatic victory or survival victory results in a Federation type government.

Everything I'm reading has me thinking that I probably can't have one game lead directly into another, but I figure it's worth asking in here.

You can save information in the DB for your mod to use between games, and there is the restart button, so yes, I suppose it can be done (that's something I want to add to R.E.D WWII since the beginning, for a campaign-style succession of maps, but hey, we all have more ideas than free time around here...)

Nutty - because I don't think the engine supports a sudden world change, which means the starting nation on the space map would have to be pre-loaded when the base game starts... I think. I could be entirely wrong on this. I haven't seen anyone else do quite what I am envisaging.

Basically, the entire planet-map would be removed, you would go from controlling an empire with a fully visible (or mostly visible) map and switch to controlling a single city/planet. Each solar system would consist of a number of single-hex "land" spaces that represent a planet, with space in the solar system being "shallow water" for travel purposes, and deep space (the area between systems) being "ocean" for the purpose of travel. So you could colonize your own system, while getting the tech to go to distant systems.

Top Bottom