Requests for new components (and features)

I know this isn't really a big deal, but is there a way that an option can be implemented that changes BC and AD to BCE and CE, respectively?

Also, are changes to BUG also added into BAT? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I know this isn't really a big deal, but is there a way that an option can be implemented that changes BC and AD to BCE and CE, respectively?

Also, are changes to BUG also added into BAT? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I don't know about the first question. It would involve some looking, or a mod of the scoreboard.

As for the second question, changes to BUG are incorporated in BAT at the next BAT release, so right now (with BAT version 4.0) they are in sync. Any future BUG work, which is doubtful, will of course be included.

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.

As for the CE and BCE thingy, I stumbled upon this mod recently that adds the exact feature I was referring to. I'm not even sure if the mod works, but I thought I might as well share it in the off chance that it'll help you guys out if you ever implement my suggestion.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks. I'll look into that. :)

Is this mod compatible with K-Mod? If not would it be possible to make this happen?

Thanks alot for all the hard work you've put into this, it really adds to the game immensely.

Is this mod compatible with K-Mod? If not would it be possible to make this happen?

Thanks alot for all the hard work you've put into this, it really adds to the game immensely.

Are you speaking of BAT? If so, I haven't asked permission from Karadoc to merge the mods yet, and I may not. Although I would like to, his changes are so significant that it may not be possible to combine the two mods.

But in answer to your question, KMod contains a modified version of both BUG and BULL, but is not compatible with BAT in its present form.

Thats a shame, are they not compatible due to technical reasons, or is it because you feel that it represent too much of a departure from the standard BAT gameplay? If the latter I would argue that the new factions and expansion in the BAT Xtras, alter the game pretty significantly as it is.

Thats a shame, are they not compatible due to technical reasons, or is it because you feel that it represent too much of a departure from the standard BAT gameplay? If the latter I would argue that the new factions and expansion in the BAT Xtras, alter the game pretty significantly as it is.

It's because of technical reasons. The DLL merging would be quite difficult. Besides, someone has already done it (in a sense). It's called MMod and is a combination of some of BAT and K-Mod. I'm not worried about departing from basic gameplay, if I release a mod based on BAT. I did it with Better BAT AI, but it is a separate mod that is not connected to the BUG team, so it can break the rules, if you see the distinction.

As for the Xtras packs, yes they do alter gameplay, but they are entirely optional for the end user to install. BAT, itself, will always remain unaltered, with one small option selectable in "Custom Game", and that is that spies can return to the nearest player owned city, rather than the capital. But again, that is optional.

Purists will argue, but that is why I made the spy mod and the Xtras packs an option. It's there if the player wishes to enhance the game further. If not, they can play with basic BAT.

I've seen several mentions of trying to make an Automated Air Recon component for BUG from a few years ago. Has anyone seen the mod by rickb from 2007 Repeating Air Recon missions that was integrated into CvEventManager.py? Would it be possible to adapt it to be a mod in BUG and is anyone interested in doing the adaptation? I was thinking of it but realized that my limited to non-existent knowledge of Python and XML make it a task that is way over my head. :confused::crazyeye:

Afforess included an Auto Air Recon in his Advanced Unit Automations mod which was included as a component in several other Mods but lacked it the ability to specify the target for automated recon and required SDK work whereas the rickb mod was purely Python based and allowed the recon target to be specified.

Some ideas I've had for changes/additions to the rickb mod:

-set the recon point differently by pressing R then holding Shift while Left clicking to set the recon target rather than the current press R, click the recon target then Shift A to add the mission to the queue

-if an air unit with Repeating/Automated Air Recon orders is selected highlight the tile that is set as the recon target

I think that would violate the unaltered gameplay thing. Ruff?

I think that would violate the unaltered gameplay thing. Ruff?

I was wondering if it would bump up against that. From the BUG Forum:
BUG combines mods that do not change the basic game play of CIV, while adding flavor and ease of use.
Automated recon would classify as an ease of use improvement but certainly has the potential to be considered a change to basic game play.

I would like to see an auto end turn on decisionless turns. I like playing on marathon but starting a new game is dreadful with nothing to do but click the red button.

I would like to see an auto end turn on decisionless turns. I like playing on marathon but starting a new game is dreadful with nothing to do but click the red button.

I think there are a couple of mods that already do this, but that function would be in the SDK, not in Python or XML which makes up BUG. It might be possible to add that functionality to BULL (since it uses the SDK), but I don't know if there is any active development going on for BULL these days.

I think we should actually go 1 or 2 steps further and enhance the mod to determine the ideal initial tile settlement location, initial tech selection, build, warrior movement. Then you don't have to think about anything for the first 30-50 turns.

Edit: Maybe we go further and manage the worker movement, 2+ city locations too.

I think there are a couple of mods that already do this, but that function would be in the SDK, not in Python or XML which makes up BUG. It might be possible to add that functionality to BULL (since it uses the SDK), but I don't know if there is any active development going on for BULL these days.

OK, thanks again now I have a starting point on where to start

Hi :) .

I don't know if these are already features of the current BUG-version, because I play with BUFFY, but as the HoF-staff is just compiling a new BUFFY, I wanted to ask if the following could be added, if possible even quickly...

• An ingame calculator!
  • BUG not only showing when an AI is willing to trade a tech, but when an AI has got a new tech, no matter if willing to trade or not.
  • The possibility to fix the log in a certain position and at a certain size.

Would be awesome if anything of that could be added, as they (imo) would greatly enhance the comfort of the mod.

Tia,

Seraiel

Wanted to add, that a Notepad would also be nice. I often need to note things that are longer than the place sign function allows, and reminders aren't useful for this too often, as those things are more about general plans and strategies than that I need to remember them at a specific turn.

Don't know if you are still developing BUG with plans for new releases, but if you are, one feature I'd love to see is keyboard shortcuts for workers to put one turn into improvement, then immediately stop the action to await new orders next turn. This could be a great timesaver. Looking over the list of keyboard shortcuts, it seems that for all single key worker actions, shift+letter are still available. For example shift+R to put one turn into road, then stop. The worker actions that already use shift (shift+W, shift+P) are the problem. Maybe ctrl+shift+W/P for those.

Top Bottom