A New Dawn Beta Builds

If we extrapolate from the actual cost of the Eurotunnel, the 31 mile tunnel that connects France to the UK, the final cost of which was around $12 billion or $387 million per mile, the cost per mile is roughly 100 times the cost of paved highway. 500 gold per tile is not excessive considering the strategic value of connecting two land masses.

Hmm. You have a point. I'll update their cost accordingly.

Also, as in real life, tunnels should be difficult to destroy. Maybe needing plenty of torpedos (subs) or nuclear weapons to do so. The high replacement cost will entice the owner to defend them and the enemy to destroy them, making for an interesting cat and mouse side game. If you want a cheaper version of the tunnels, maybe you could add bridges, which though cheaper to build, would be much more vulnerable (planes, ships, etc).

I'm not sure I agree. Tunnels being tunnels, shouldn't they be rather to easy destroy? A small explosion which ruptures the pressure balance would rip it apart. I think players should just try to defend them.

Hmm. You have a point. I'll update their cost accordingly.

I'm not sure I agree. Tunnels being tunnels, shouldn't they be rather to easy destroy? A small explosion which ruptures the pressure balance would rip it apart. I think players should just try to defend them.

Allow me to disagree. Ocean and sea tunnels are drilled out underneath the ocean floor, not placed above them. That is the way the Eurotunnel is built. It is done this way to avoid damage from earthquakes, tsunamis or hurricanes as well as making them practically invulnerable to terrorist attacks. Still, the most important factor is cost. As long as that is raised, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for your great work. I propose we all chip in to send you on an all paid vacation to Hawaii when this is all finished. :)

The Custom options after start as minors are not appearing in CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml. Where do I set then now?

My custom ones are all modular, in the Afforess/Required Folder.
Allow me to disagree. Ocean and sea tunnels are drilled out underneath the ocean floor, not placed above them. That is the way the Eurotunnel is built. It is done this way to avoid damage from earthquakes, tsunamis or hurricanes as well as making them practically invulnerable to terrorist attacks. Still, the most important factor is cost. As long as that is raised, I'll be a happy camper.

Okay. Well, when Beta4 rolls around, you'll be happy. :p
Thanks for your great work. I propose we all chip in to send you on an all paid vacation to Hawaii when this is all finished.

My work is never finished.:cowboy:

Whoa, had a great time playing beta 3 on snail with the romans.

I think I stop now because I look forward to beta 4 (with assimilation and stuff... :) )

I have a question about the contact pannel: I get huge performance drops when it is open.
Never had those drops prior to beta 3 though I knew the panel seems to be buggy and causes
crashes, which most probably is caused by RevDCM. Any ideas what causes the frame drops?

The overall performance seems to be good...

for ROME players: the roman bazooka is a red blob.

I´m curious how the AI will react and play with Assimilation...?

(any eta yet?).

OK who has the MOST uptodate dedugger.dll i want to do alot of testing soon, like i already havent :lol:(over 40 games).

Also Afforess, can you tell me now with all the beta changes, which ones are SDK related, i want to find out if its SDK stuff, Python stuff, XML stuff, combination of stuff, etc, what is causing alot of these errors. :mad:
This is a prime reason to go to svn or some other versioning system. strat would be able to check out the files and do a diff lickity split without waiting on you. :D

Whoa, had a great time playing beta 3 on snail with the romans.

I think I stop now because I look forward to beta 4 (with assimilation and stuff... :) )

I have a question about the contact pannel: I get huge performance drops when it is open.
Never had those drops prior to beta 3 though I knew the panel seems to be buggy and causes
crashes, which most probably is caused by RevDCM. Any ideas what causes the frame drops?

The overall performance seems to be good...

for ROME players: the roman bazooka is a red blob.

I´m curious how the AI will react and play with Assimilation...?

(any eta yet?).

No ETA. Assimilation is working now, and Barbarian Generals turns off correctly now though.

This is a prime reason to go to svn or some other versioning system. strat would be able to check out the files and do a diff lickity split without waiting on you. :D

It's not that I disagree. It's that I don't know how. :blush:

No CTD's so far and a couple of minor issues. Formations, I guess, causes single units to look very wrong. Cat Breeder replaces Cat Breeder?

No CTD's so far and a couple of minor issues. Formations, I guess, causes single units to look very wrong. Cat Breeder replaces Cat Breeder?

Don't use them together then. Formation is save compatible, just turn it off in the MLF file.

I got lazy with the names. I may go back and spice them up later.

Afforess, thanks for the great job!

Can you add a new feature, that I saw it in another mod.

When you conquest a civ, then you can build their UU and UB, and get the leader's trait.

When a civ become vassal, the metropolitan state can build vassal state's UU and UB.

Afforess, thanks for the great job!

Can you add a new feature, that I saw it in another mod.

When you conquest a civ, then you can build their UU and UB, and get the leader's trait.

When a civ become vassal, the metropolitan state can build vassal state's UU and UB.

Well, I just added a new game option, called Assimilation in my beta's. It's not 100% working yet, but if you capture another Civ's cities, you can build that civilization's UU and UB. I'm already a step ahead of you. :p

I get a repeatable CTD as soon as I discover Corporations, playing my Romans with an Giant 11 Civ Smartmap, no Cultural or Mastery Victory, no Static borders. I've even changed research orders to see if that was the culprit. Here are current option:{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Deep-Red Interface} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw
Clean install of RoM and AND 1.63 Beta on Win 7 Pro with 6 gig ram and quad-core processor.

Is the 1.60 Beta 3 on the OP the corrected one with Assimilation working?
(reuploaded)

sorry if I ask again, but will there be a beta4 soon? I would like to play longer with my next
game and just want to be sure it´s worth the start over...

thx

Time & Mastery Victory now end at 2200 CE
CE? Really, CE? Why so politically correct with the whole CE crap. What is the basis of the Current Era? The fricking Jesus Christ which is what AD is based on. Why do we need to use BCE and CE? /rant - I like bringing this up in college on hardcore BCE/CE supporters.

Got these so far, till i got a CTD:

Dont know for sure when this happened?
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 72, in showMainInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 2810, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function showMainInterface failed, module CvScreensInterface

CE? Really, CE? Why so politically correct with the whole CE crap. What is the basis of the Current Era? The fricking Jesus Christ which is what AD is based on. Why do we need to use BCE and CE? /rant - I like bringing this up in college on hardcore BCE/CE supporters.

I started this trend. I created a mod that ends at 22000 Ce.

Not politically correct by a long shot :). I simply reject the symbolism behind AD/BC of belief in Jesus Christ being an important part of the world events. The area of China and India don't look at Jesus Christ like we do, but they are happy to stay with CE/BCE fitting over AD/BC because it is too much a hassle to change dating system. And I'm sure they have their own solutions.

So basically I started this because I am deeply politically INcorrect in rejecting Jesus Christ as an important part of my game.

One more thing: CE/BCE are only present in this forum. In the game, we still have BC/AD dating so how can we be politically correct anyway :lol:.

Closing comment: Why even discuss this since it is more of a preference thing than a modding thing :D...

Why the difference in percentage? Both attackers are Swordsmen with Combat II and defender is Town Guard.

-----

Moved into this thread as it might be something with Surround & Destroy. PMing Dexy.

Top Bottom