AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

@Blueblood: the reason why your problem is happening it's quite obvious; solving it is something different, though.
When you grant indipendence to your colony, they also "start as minor civs", exaclty like you did when you started the game. So they are of course at war with everyone. I'll have a look to the code in order to modify this.

@IPEX: that might be, I'll have a look at this too; but I think the error could be somewhere in the code for minor civs. Thank you for your report. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12207113 said:
@Blueblood: the reason why your problem is happening it's quite obvious; solving it is something different, though.
When you grant indipendence to your colony, they also "start as minor civs", exaclty like you did when you started the game. So they are of course at war with everyone. I'll have a look to the code in order to modify this.

@IPEX: that might be, I'll have a look at this too; but I think the error could be somewhere in the code for minor civs. Thank you for your report. :)

Edit: I stand corrected, they don't "start as minor" but there's something in the code that could be related to this problem. I'll test some more.

Hey guys, thanks for taking a look into it. That makes sense that it would be related to the minor civs feature and I can understand why it might be difficult to correct. Like I said it's not a game crippling issue and it can certainly be put behind in priority for more important bugs, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done something dumb like set incompatible options (limited religion / choose religion conflict for example).

After I updated SVN to 611 from 610 loaded my game and updated the modifiers (control-shift-t thingy) - all my cities were suddenly starving. I came across this bug once before if I remember correclty, not sure what causes it though and can't remember how to fix it. Here is image of one of my cities. You can see that it says +3 food per turn, but the game thinks its like -23 food per turn!

Spoiler :

After I updated SVN to 611 from 610 loaded my game and updated the modifiers (control-shift-t thingy) - all my cities were suddenly starving. I came across this bug once before if I remember correclty, not sure what causes it though and can't remember how to fix it. Here is image of one of my cities. You can see that it says +3 food per turn, but the game thinks its like -23 food per turn!

Spoiler :

To tell the truth, I've never trusted completely MaxComp saves. And this is exactly for what happened to you. I haven't touched anything in the xml files that could change food production. I've only reworked turn/year matching for quick speed which shouldn't affect anything else (but in fact it does). What I do in these case is simply not to recalculate values when I load the game and I'm asked to recalculate.

Yeah thats what I ended up doing, its a weird one though. Only has happened to me in ROM-AND hasn't happened in c2c that I can remember.

Yeah thats what I ended up doing, its a weird one though. Only has happened to me in ROM-AND hasn't happened in c2c that I can remember.

I'll have to compare AND and C2C code then, and see if I can fix this in AND too. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12208138 said:
To tell the truth, I've never trusted completely MaxComp saves. And this is exactly for what happened to you. I haven't touched anything in the xml files that could change food production. I've only reworked turn/year matching for quick speed which shouldn't affect anything else (but in fact it does). What I do in these case is simply not to recalculate values when I load the game and I'm asked to recalculate.

Do a 2nd Recalc. and then play a couple turns it rights itself fairly quickly. Koshling explained why this sometimes happens but said it was generally a 1 or 2 turn thing. Has to do with the "base" modifiers resetting and then all the "added" modifiers kicking in over the next turn or so. Anyway something like that.

I've learned to just play thru with doing the recalc and then adjust my sliders. I don't see it as a problem at all. And I do trust the Max Compat save format. I don't know if I could go back to default Civ\BtS format.

@Sgt,
Even with updating to SVN 611 how much other stuff have you added into your game? You've already posted about Traits.

JosEPh

I've found a bug with the Geothermal event.

I received the Geothermal event in a city with 2 options, the first, was give power only to that city, the 2nd was pay 8K+ gold and get continental power, with 16K of gold, ALL RIGHT!!!!.

I choose this option, but no gold was deducted. Hmm bug yes.

2nd bug was when I updated to rev 611 from 610, it removed power from all my cities, even the one with the Geothermal event. I played through another 6 turns, and it didn't reinstall the power.

Also, Every time I hit Cntl-Shift-T, it would drop my science rate down, increase gold, etc, but would resume the previous figure next turn, so its calculating differently??

You will need to go to C2C forum and locate where Koshling describes how the Re-calc works. I can not do it justice, so I won't. But I trust his work on it.

We do not have a resident Event person. So maybe next time take option #1? Or if you can fix it we'll add the fix! :)

JosEPh

I've found a bug with the Geothermal event.

I received the Geothermal event in a city with 2 options, the first, was give power only to that city, the 2nd was pay 8K+ gold and get continental power, with 16K of gold, ALL RIGHT!!!!.

I choose this option, but no gold was deducted. Hmm bug yes.

Already noted, it's in the bug list in the first post. I'm currently looking for a way to solve this. :)

EDIT: @IPEX: do you have a savegame of the unlimited power event? I might have found a solution, but I need to test it.

I worded it badly, I choose the 2nd options, WASN'T deducted the 8K gold, but I DID receive the continental power.

When I updated to 611, it removed the power from all my cities.

If that's what you thought I said, ok, I have a save 3 turns AFTER I received the option. Its still a 610 version of the SVN.

I worded it badly, I choose the 2nd options, WASN'T deducted the 8K gold, but I DID receive the continental power.

When I updated to 611, it removed the power from all my cities.

If that's what you thought I said, ok, I have a save 3 turns AFTER I received the option. Its still a 610 version of the SVN.

I know what happened with power, I've fixed the event in rev612 (just released); the code for subtracting gold was missing, now the event works as it was supposed to. :)

So I have been playing this game for awhile and compared to similar games in the past it is significantly more stable. However I have reached a point where the game crashes every single time 100% reproduce-able. Seemed like a good time to upload it. When you load the game just run the turn and at the start of the next a wonder will finish building and the game will crash every single time. Sometimes the crash is an out of video memory error sometimes its a straight ctd with no error at all.

Edit: Also! this is the first time I have made it this late in the game and realized that there are way less wonders in the late game than the early one. Kinda takes the fun out of stuff. So to help remedy the first new wonder I would like to see would be Chain Home available with the tech Radar and whatever else it takes to build a radar station. Constructing it would give you a free radar station in every costal city if that is possible if not then every city and a small amount of great scientist.

Attachments

• CW AD-1734-January.rar
    6.4 MB · Views: 67
@Combat,
Please it is very important to have more details.
What Version of AND? (Hopefully you are using the SVN. AND 1.75 and earlier is Not supported)
Important Game Set up and BUG Options being used. Like, are you using REV or not, etc.? # of AI and Map type and size.

If using the SVN is it current? Or a previous one? Do you update regularly if you use the SVN?

These type details help us pin things down in addition to the save. And we may ask for your Log files too. Maybe even for the MiniDump found in the same folder as the BtS exe.

JosEPh

@Combat,
Please it is very important to have more details.
What Version of AND? (Hopefully you are using the SVN. AND 1.75 and earlier is Not supported)
Important Game Set up and BUG Options being used. Like, are you using REV or not, etc.? # of AI and Map type and size.

If using the SVN is it current? Or a previous one? Do you update regularly if you use the SVN?

These type details help us pin things down in addition to the save. And we may ask for your Log files too. Maybe even for the MiniDump found in the same folder as the BtS exe.

JosEPh

rev 611, using revolutions so many bug options youd be best off loading the game and looking, 30+ AI, second largest map override size, rom_planet_generator_0_68 w/ 18 continents and hills upto groups of 5 if I remember correctly. Its quite an exceptionally large game I am sure but its how I like to play.

@Combat,

You have 36 Civs in your game with 28 of them having 10 pop or more, up to a high of 40 pop. Your Empire has 27.

You have REV On.

Your graphics settings are on High. On a Gigantic map.

I can process the turn on High graphics but when the Diplomacy screen opens up for Mehmed it then CTDs with a Graphic allocation error. You've pushed the Graphics pretty hard.

What are your Comps specs?

And don't expect to finish REV games on a Gigantic map with High Graphics settings, IF you do NOT eliminate some of the competition. Pacifists Military Civic choice? Really? What are your Victory settings?

JosEPh

Victory settings? What fun is that? I play till I feel like the game is over either I have enough of an advantage that the AI couldn't beat me or vice versa. Or until the game crashes so constantly its unplayable this isn't an arcade game ffs victory conditions lol. Up until maybe 10 turns before this every single AI was at war with me was quite the challenge I was dealing with a war on at least 3 fronts at any given time with them using stacks of 30+ units lost almost all of my island colonies but was able to keep the home continent intact. The fact that I am not burning through 20+ AI units a turn has likely contributed to it crashing at this point everyones getting their armies rebuilt so the amount of units is skyrocketing. I am well aware I am playing way past what the game or the mod is really able to handle but I am going for more of a world simulation here than anything else.

What I am running far exceeds anything civ4 can make use of
system drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791
civ4 drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148337
ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231489
video card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133452
mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295
processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115234

Top Bottom