[Feedback needed] AND2 Checker: Easy installation and update v0.3

I'm not 100% sure but it should be fine as the name is only used for display. Internally, it uses the folder names (only ASCII characters).

Unfortunately I cannot put :culture: and so in it :lol:

You may want to draw a better horse for the launcher background instead :D

There you go!
horse.jpg
I think my artist GP points doubled in only 5 minutes :D

Good job :) We should use that one as the new resource icon :D

I updated to 904, but the updater still deleted the MCP from the mod folder. I even had the MCP folder marked as "excluded", so interestingly enough the folder itself remained, but all the folders for individual civs were deleted (they were not individually marked to be excluded, since I thought that marking the main folder was enough).

There is definitely something wrong here. Could you send me the whole content of the checker folder please ?

It's 20-something MB (compressed), where can I upload this thing?

Ok. I've found the cause. For some reason, the updater you use hasn't updated itself (maybe an old bug). I don't know why and I hope you're alone in this case. To fix it, download the file here: http://civ.afforess.com/repo/checker/upd_proc.exe and erase the one in checker/.

Then you can retry to update the game. To force a try, change the line "modVersion = "2.2 beta 2 (rev904)"" in Assets\Python\Contrib\CvModName.py with a older number and restart the launcher. It will believe the version is not up-to-date.

Done.

Now nothing got deleted, finally :)

However, I tried the old flags (unchecked the "use modern flags").
I noticed a couple have a strange behaviour (maybe more, but these were in my current game):
Netherlands is the modern flag but with the color of the old,
Byzantium looks much darker than it should be.

What files did you change to make the old flags be used? Maybe I have them checked to not be updated.

Nice, the fix is working :)
I have moved the old art definition in Modules/Modern_flags and got back the flags art define from civ BTS. I think this is caused by the fact that old flags (old = modern here :D) are still in the FPK. I will remove them in the next revision.

Thanks for the quick support :)

Just as long as both options are viable (I still haven't decided which set of flags I prefer, but the important thing is to leave it as an option for everyone).

Hai

Am I doing something wrong with updating from the launcher? Something I need to do first that I'm not doing? Every time I've tried it, it breaks... either a silent CtD shortly after the (edit: Civ4) "loading" pane with the progress bar disappears, or a shipload of XML errors. Is it working for everyone else?

The only thing I've tinkered with is turning off inflation and global warming in the Civ/BtS native xml files (OK so all civilisations rapidly going bankrupt may be realistic in the light of recent events but it hardly makes for an entertaining endgame. And global warming is obviously just a liberal media conspiracy to... erm... well IDK but a nice man from the oil industry told me all about it and he sounded very convincing).

@shipdit: There seems to be some problems with autorizations. I'm looking into that.
Could you go into the mod folder, right click on the parent folder "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn", Properties > Security > Check that "everyone" have total control. Then force updating again in the launcher: Menu > Fix installation > Check files again.

EDIT: The problem I have is that it works perfectly on all the configurations I try; it's a bit hard to reproduce these errors.

Damn, that was fast. XP user - no Security tab, or similar. There is a read-only attrib but iirc it's deprecated and doesn't do anything.

Do you have installed it in the default folder (My Documents) ?

Could its tendency to launch 4 or 5 iterations of the launcher after an update be related?

Edit: Yeah, it's in the default folder in My Games\etc.
Edit: Ah, might be worth mentioning that everything's in D:\ (including Windows itself with D:\ defined as the system drive). Long story, hard drive failed, turned out to be only the first few sectors that were no use and Windows is a bit particular about partitions so ended up with the first 10 gig as C:\, unused apart from containing boot.ini etc, and everything else on D:\

It could, but that is not easy to debug.

Hai

Am I doing something wrong with updating from the launcher? Something I need to do first that I'm not doing? Every time I've tried it, it breaks... either a silent CtD shortly after the (edit: Civ4) "loading" pane with the progress bar disappears, or a shipload of XML errors. Is it working for everyone else?

The only thing I've tinkered with is turning off inflation and global warming in the Civ/BtS native xml files (OK so all civilisations rapidly going bankrupt may be realistic in the light of recent events but it hardly makes for an entertaining endgame. And global warming is obviously just a liberal media conspiracy to... erm... well IDK but a nice man from the oil industry told me all about it and he sounded very convincing).
Definitely it's not your tinkering on inflation or global warming as these features have been removed in AND

Top Bottom