Fixed Gallic Swordsman, 13th December 2004

mrtn

Shaven not stirred
Bungus noticed that the Gallic Swordsman had some transparency issues, so I took a look at it and noticed that most of the smoke row in the palette was used in the unit. :crazyeye:
This zip includes a fixed default animation. I've fixed them all, but can't post the whole unit, because of copyright reasons. :rolleyes:
It also includes the fixed (Photoshop) palette I've used, and the pcx. To fix the whole unit you have to export it to a pcx from flicster, change to RGB and then apply this palette, and the export it backto a flc. I fixed all animations in about ten minutes, so it's not very difficult. :)

Attachments

• Fixed Gallic Swordsman.zip
    94.6 KB · Views: 326
I just took a look, and it came out very well. You even colored in his sack. Nice

Bungus said:
... You even colored in his sack...
I didn't recolour anything, I just made sure that the brown of the sack wasn't located in the smoke part of the palette. I've only changed the palette. Those Firaxians are good at animation, but they make crappy palettes (like in the Fire Catapult...).

Yes, I just realized that was the case. That'd be mighty impressive otherwise! What's wrong with the fire catapult? I haven't used it in game yet, but I intended to adding it to my personal mod

You say you've included a photoshop palette... how does one import/export/edit palettes in Photoshop?? I've certainly never been able to puzzle it out :confused:

@Bungus: It's got some pink smoke that isn't in the smoke row, but just pink...
@Master Kodama: Open the file in Photoshop. Go to Image/Mode/ and choose RGB.
Go to Image/Mode and choose Indexed Color.
At Forced choose Custom, this will pop up a palette (palettes are known as color tables in Photoshop, btw).
Choose Load, and locate the .act file.
Save, and make a flc of it in flicster.
Serve with a nice white wine. :)
HTH

mrtn said:
@Bungus: It's got some pink smoke that isn't in the smoke row, but just pink...
I thought that was just some of that fancy "greek" fire the byzantines were always talking about. I just saw "Alexander the Great[ly Gay], so it made sense.
And I never noticed that untill you pointed it out.. heh

Bungus said:
... You even colored in his sack. Nice
PCHighway told me; that's not a sack, it's a head! :wow:

Oh, and greeek fire was invented in Byzantine times, i e 1000 years later.

Top Bottom