FfH2 0.33 Changelog

blimey....the development of this mod seems quite frenetic!

having had a little dabble of Fall Further, one thing I do like is the option to be able to add a desktop shortcut that loads the mod up directly rather than loading the mod from the Load Mod screen

...hmmm....although on reflection I'm now wondering if the option was there for FFH2 and I just didn't add it, as when I first downloaded the mod I'd thought it would be a distraction and not the main event that it has now turned out to be!

[location of civ4]\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2 032. There's your shortcut ;)

5. Evil's AI's prefer to research Corruption of Spirit, Malevolent Designs, Decption, Necromany and Way of the Wicked.

no more RoK + CoE for my khazad strat then :(:p

What are these 119 units you have if not military? Workers?

They are probably military, but they do not have the extra military cost from pacifism. Which is the cost that would be reduced from "Free Military Units", to reduce the regular cost you would need the "Free Units".

Can someone explain what this means

Captured cities maintaining their ethnicity means you can build the founders of the city's UUs and UBs in that city.

Can someone explain what this means:confused:

presumably this relates to Kaels assimilation mod where a captured city can continue producing the units/buildings of it's original owner.

So a captured Lanun city will still be able to build Boarding parties for example

The same holds true for the Military State civic, which is kinda useless right now.

I tried Military State once when I was trying a GP strategy. Keeping a large army while running pacifism. Worked fine.

presumably this relates to Kaels assimilation mod where a captured city can continue producing the units/buildings of it's original owner.

So a captured Lanun city will still be able to build Boarding parties for example

Yes, or a captured Khazad city will be able to produce dwarven units and dwarven forges, a captured calabim city will be able to produce vampires, etc.

In my last Elohim game I captured an amurite city early and created all of my adepts out of it because I was able to build a Cave of Ancestors there and create some cool boosted adepts.

The tolerant trait doesnt allow the building of other civs world units (you cant grab an Amurite city and build Govannon). But it does allow building world buildings. So you can, for example, switch your Elohim palace to an Amurite palace if you'd rather have those mana types.

They are probably military, but they do not have the extra military cost from pacifism. Which is the cost that would be reduced from "Free Military Units", to reduce the regular cost you would need the "Free Units".

Captured cities maintaining their ethnicity means you can build the founders of the city's UUs and UBs in that city.

In the screenshot it shows 140 military units and 119 no military....do priests, mages etc count as non military maybe?

... But it does allow building world buildings. So you can, for example, switch your Elohim palace to an Amurite palace if you'd rather have those mana types.

Does that require you to capture the Amurite capital, or can there be two Amurite palaces in the world?

Does that require you to capture the Amurite capital, or can there be two Amurite palaces in the world?

There would be 2 palaces. Palaces are national wonders.

Yes, or a captured Khazad city will be able to produce dwarven units ...

What counts as a captured Khazad city?

Does that mean that the previous owner has to Khazad (despite the fact that 0% of the population might be Dwarven). Or does it man that you can build Dwarves if >0% of the population is dwarven, or maybe >5% or >50% or...

So is it possable to have a city that can build any ethnic structure (~5% of each race in city)?

And its getting much easier for the Elohim to build the Tower.

Yes, or a captured Khazad city will be able to produce dwarven units and dwarven forges, a captured calabim city will be able to produce vampires, etc.

In my last Elohim game I captured an amurite city early and created all of my adepts out of it because I was able to build a Cave of Ancestors there and create some cool boosted adepts.

The tolerant trait doesnt allow the building of other civs world units (you cant grab an Amurite city and build Govannon). But it does allow building world buildings. So you can, for example, switch your Elohim palace to an Amurite palace if you'd rather have those mana types.

Wouldn't it make Elohim really powerful warmongers when they are supposed to be the peacemonger civ of Erebus?
I mean that Elohim would get really big advantages attacking and conquering other civs getting access to UU and UB which counterbalance their initial weakness like a few military UU.

My suggestion would be to introduce at least some drawback to this probably powerful trait.
For example UU of civs assimilated could get a % chance for turn to betray Elohim civ and become units of the former city owner civilization (like what was done for CotD).
That betrayal chance could be increased when you are continuing war against that civ (or you are in war with that civ) so that it's not so wise to entrust your military force to units which belong to enemy civs.
Perhaps that betrayal chance could be slowed down with the number of turns or events to show that those cities are more assimilated than before.

Edit: Considering also that this Civ is protecting Erebus from the Armageddon buildings like Prophecy of Ragnarok or Ashen Veil temples could be razed otherwise it would go against the lore of the Elohim

In the screenshot it shows 140 military units and 119 no military....do priests, mages etc count as non military maybe?

No the screenshot says I have 119+74 units which apply for Unit cost calculations. And that I have 140+36 military units which would apply for Military Unit cost If and only IF I were running Pacifism. (thus I have 17 non-military units)

You need to pay Unit Cost for ALL your units: both military and non-military. Unit Cost is the sum of military and non-military units.

I tried Military State once when I was trying a GP strategy. Keeping a large army while running pacifism. Worked fine.

No doubt. But that's with high probability not what Kael intended, considering he makes the mistake of giving Crusade a deduction of Military Unit cost, while it is impossible to have a Military unit cost at all under Crusade.

9. Blight health penalthy changed from (rnd(11) + population) to (rnd(15) + population - building health bonuses. Because of this life mana, hebalists, aquaducts, etc will decrease the impact of blight to that city.
10. Pestilence health penalty changed from (rnd(5) + population/4) to (rnd(9) + population/4 - building health bonuses).

Congrats on the new update, sounds exciting.
Do the negative health bonuses from buildings also count (IE forge, public baths, etc) ?

Yeah, to work in FFH, assimilation needs a slight rework, especially now since only certain civs can have the trait - meaning on some captures, the city changes ethnicity, and depending on how the code works, a city that was on the previous turm Calabim owned but actually 99% Elohim will be able to build vampires amongst other things.

Hopefully the code determines ethnicity based on the highest culture at the time of capture.

Another things, are there some things the Elohim wouldn't be tolerant of? Things that perhaps at least warrant a negative event. Calabim society would have to be radically altered under Elohim control, so vampires might not be viable, since they'd be on the run from the law, not the law. I suppose an infestation forced to feed on actual cattle would provide some very willing combat recruits, ready to feed on the incoming waves of their former bloodpets.

Someone mentioned the Kuriotates above. Flavorwise, Tolerant seems like a trait Cardith Lorda absolutely has to have, even though he's unlikely to be able to make much use of it.

Top Bottom