[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hi Kael and his friends...

Back to continue the testing of your mod.:) Coffee, Pall Mall and music (Bob Marley) are ready...

Just a question: The main page of your mod is great. What is the folder used to stock this picture ?

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi Kael and his friends...

Back to continue the testing of your mod.:) Coffee, Pall Mall and music (Bob Marley) are ready...

Just a question: The main page of your mod is great. What is the folder used to stock this picture ?

The Frog.

Even better you can get copies of it in various resolutions here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171747

Kael,

I was looking at the civilopedia, units, and i found this:

RATHUS DENMORA
+ 100 % attack vs TXT UNIT CIV HERO2

Bug or not ?

The Frog.

Well, I meant something different. I understand what Chalid is saying about specializing a particular mage, but I was talking about faction-wide. It seems strange to me that I might be playing the Order, but employing casters who are making heavy use of Chaos and Death magic. It seems somewhat at odds with things that I should be encouraged and rewarded, from an efficacy stand point, for making every one of my mages specialize in a totally different sphere of magic. There is no advantage or discount to having mages of similar spheres (other then the implicit ramifications of node-granted spheres), while conversely, there is a huge carrying/stacking bonus for having one of a kind singleton mages to the extent that there are different spheres remaining to leverage. This is what I was attempting to refer to. The idea that faction wide, my nation has no real conception of knowledge of one sphere over another, and no religious or philosophical underpinnings for or against, no schools or traditions, no connectivity or sense of cause and effect. There are spheres, which exist disjoint and unrelated to one another, to the religions, and to my knowledge base. The only relation which exists between them is that each node can only be dedicated to one sphere, although, only one mana source per sphere is required for anything (you could create requirements for more), and many types of mana can be acquired through alternative sources, such as wonders or religious buildings (at least that's what it looked like, I only gained access to earth through Kilmorph).

Terrifying to think that watching tv, as opposed to sleep, might grant me some sort of clarity.

So, I guess I'm suggesting that there be some ramifications to your choices as to which spheres you have your mages acquire. I have been designing a fantasy mod myself, so there is naturally a lot of bleed over between my plans and the suggestions which come to my mind for things that might be interesting for FfH, but... Suppose some spell casters could cast rituals, requiring they be in a city, on your network with access to so many mana resources or particular types. Perhaps more then one caster could be required. Suppose you created a system where in your ability to research spheres beyond 1 required a certain number of casters to already have acquired that sphere at 1. So that you had a tech driven system for magic, or a pseudo tech driven system (since there is no reason why could couldn't create a parallel magical research line to the regular research tree). A system where a tech's availability and cost were dependent on the number of casters you already had who knew the precursor sphere, spheres or spells. Now, suppose you said that it's not just spheres that give access to these techs, but it could also be "items", represented by capturable units. Perhaps awarded for opening "huts", which might look like ruins, and these units might look like books or tomes. Perhaps a caster who gains enough xp might be gain the ability to create a school, like a GP, and from then on, casters built in that city would have some watered down set of his spheres and abilities, and for tech purposes, although you'd no longer have your high level caster unit, you would no longer have any risk of losing him, while retaining his benefits for tech purposes. Maybe he might even be worth more tech-wise, since his efforts were now focused on study, research, and to a lesser degree, teaching. I think you can go a long way with the features and representations (I'm reaching for a word, but I can't remember it) that already exist in Civ to model magic in an interesting and compelling way, that would add a whole new level of dynamicism to FfH, or, really, any fantasy mod.

Anyway, just a few thoughts for you. Sorry to interrupt your conversation :).

On a side note, you should look at getting a custom mapscript set up. I think that, too, for very "cheap" would add a great deal to the ambience and enjoyability of FfH.

Getting some total lock ups (control-alt-delete does nothing). Most recently when notified that my first settler was built.

Windows XP Pro, 2 gigs Ram, RADEON X800 Series
Latest version of Civ 4 and Fall from Heaven II

Psycadelic_Magi said:
Could someone explan to me how to use the pirate cove, and what it does?

The Pirate cove is an improvement that can be built on unowned tiles. It allows ships to pass through it (meaning you can use it as a canal through thin land masses). It also provides some protection and increased healing for ships in it. Making it a nice home away from home for your remote naval units.

Kael,

a) I try to build a Pirate Cove as you explain but with no succes.:confused:
b) When you built a worker with the Pirate civ, there is something written as "Promote to Pirate worker". What does that means?:confused:
c) The Pirate Civ is a good and fun one. The -1 food malus and +1 food bonus from the "special" palace are really good things. You must build on the coast to have a powerful nation. :goodjob:
d) I'm at war with 2 civ, and i fell disappointed that only one land unit has the promotion "boarding". It's the beginning of the game and i'm far away from the appropriate tech...:cry:
e) The +1 move bonus is a strong bonus. When i saw that, i decided that i had to be the first to circumnavigate the world. That is done. Now +2 move as bonus..... I let you imagine. You can rule the sea.:)
f) Some ideas: why pirate ship could not enslaved other ships? They could also have a bonus to detect ennemies....

The Frog.

Kael said:
Id be cruious to hear what summons you think are more powerful. they rank 2 (conjurer) summons are generally less powerful than the fire elemental in FffH1 and the rank 3 (summoner) summons should be generally less powerful than the demon in FfH1.

Chaos tier 2 summon is a 7, old was fire elemental at 6
Chaos tier 3 summon is a 9, not sure if thats better then 3 metor storms
Fire tier 3 is a 10 with 25% city attack, old was 3 6s
granted its just a few(might be another one i can't recall) but if
there is any that are too good it would preclude wanting to use others

Also the spells lasting 3 turns might make it to safe to bomb people from your cities if you can have more then one out at a time. But let me end this by saying how great the mod has become! You guys rule.

I can't seem to ge the Editor to work. (installing mod to c:\Program Files\Sid...\Mods\) I open it and Enable Macros, when I try to export it gives me Run-Time error:76
Debug?

when I allow it to debug, it takes to a output pathline. I tried inputting the full file path, and saving the changes. When I export it doesn'tgive me an error this time, but when I check the XML files, nothing has changed.

Any ideas? or is this just not quite working yet?

Cheers!

kendric said:
Chaos tier 2 summon is a 7, old was fire elemental at 6
Chaos tier 3 summon is a 9, not sure if thats better then 3 metor storms
Fire tier 3 is a 10 with 25% city attack, old was 3 6s
granted its just a few(might be another one i can't recall) but if
there is any that are too good it would preclude wanting to use others

Also the spells lasting 3 turns might make it to safe to bomb people from your cities if you can have more then one out at a time. But let me end this by saying how great the mod has become! You guys rule.

The old tier 3 summon was the demon (str 15) as compared to the fire elemental (str 10 +25% city attack as you noted).

The chaos marauder is the most powerful rank 2 summon. But it comes at a cost. It has a 20% chance of not returning to its home plane, sticking around and becoming a barbarian unit. A dangerous side effect :)

BlazeRedSXT said:
I can't seem to ge the Editor to work. (installing mod to c:\Program Files\Sid...\Mods\) I open it and Enable Macros, when I try to export it gives me Run-Time error:76
Debug?

when I allow it to debug, it takes to a output pathline. I tried inputting the full file path, and saving the changes. When I export it doesn'tgive me an error this time, but when I check the XML files, nothing has changed.

Any ideas? or is this just not quite working yet?

Cheers!

Thats fixed in the next patch, sorry about that.

Kael said:
The old tier 3 summon was the demon (str 15) as compared to the fire elemental (str 10 +25% city attack as you noted).

The chaos marauder is the most powerful rank 2 summon. But it comes at a cost. It has a 20% chance of not returning to its home plane, sticking around and becoming a barbarian unit. A dangerous side effect :)

Ok i am confused then, in the old game it was fireball, fire elemental, meteor storm. Those are the 3 tiers i was reffering to.

Also, I meant to add, we played a 3v3v3 (3 human 6 cpu) game last night for about 5 hours straight and had no problems whatsoever.

Also I am curious, what is the mechanic behind those ancient forests?

kendric said:
Ok i am confused then, in the old game it was fireball, fire elemental, meteor storm. Those are the 3 tiers i was reffering to.

Also, I meant to add, we played a 3v3v3 (3 human 6 cpu) game last night for about 5 hours straight and had no problems whatsoever.

Also I am curious, what is the mechanic behind those ancient forests?

In the FfH1 rank 1 is Haste, rank 2 is fireball (mage) or fire elemental (conjurer), and rank 3 is meteor swarm (archmage) or summon demon (demon summoner).

Forests have a low chance to turn into Ancient Forests every turn if they are in Fellowship of the Leaves territory. Enemy units that enter an ancient forest have a low risk of spawning a Treant that will attack them. If the nearby city has a Shadowed Vale in it the chance of spawning a Treant is tripled.

Thats pretty cool, is it supposed to be via the city's religon or the players, cause we saw some in a town that was fellowship player owned, but the religon therein was octopus and no fellowship. Also was it intentional that the elf player cant make siege. It makes sense thematically but just making sure it was meant that way. Our elf guy could not build siege workshops.

Looks great so far guys, keep up the good work!

I was just wondering what the reason was for making the Infernals and Illians non-playable civs? Are there plans to make them playable in the future?

bluehorn said:
Looks great so far guys, keep up the good work!

I was just wondering what the reason was for making the Infernals and Illians non-playable civs? Are there plans to make them playable in the future?

The Illians yes, the Infernals probably not. The Infernals are speced for some design functions that may not be balanceable.

kendric said:
Thats pretty cool, is it supposed to be via the city's religon or the players, cause we saw some in a town that was fellowship player owned, but the religon therein was octopus and no fellowship. Also was it intentional that the elf player cant make siege. It makes sense thematically but just making sure it was meant that way. Our elf guy could not build siege workshops.

Yeah, elves cant make siege devices.

The ancient forest may have been there if they were Leaves before, they dont go away if you convert (though the treants wont spawn anymore).

Kael said:
The Illians yes, the Infernals probably not. The Infernals are speced for some design functions that may not be balanceable.

Ah, too bad, they look like a lot of fun :)
I envisioned a scenario (future of course) of the Infernals vs. the world full of goody civs

Top Bottom