Medieval reskin shop

You're making a Middle eastern middle ages mod? Cool. I'd be interested in helping any way I could.

Thanks for the flags/buttons. Those were very helpful. There seemed to be one missing from the set though, there looks to be a grey one with a black symbol in your screen-shot, do you have that one as well?

@Ajidica
Thanks, I'll hopefully get to a stage when there's some substance to talk about soon, I'll let you know.

@TheCapo
That's Ak Koyunlu - I guess I can post it but I got it from CFC I think... somewhere, don't remember where.

Attachments

• akkoyunlu.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 94
It was a tedious job but not too difficult at least - I copied the rider animations from Companion Cavalry to Camel Archer KF's to get these:

Download in the 1st post. I'll do Camel Gunners next.

:eek: That is GREAT!

Who is able to introduce new animations is a great modder :goodjob:

great work! :) I always was too lazy to do is (i know what you had to do, so i know the amount of work you put into this), i only bone transplanted a camel to a horse to acheive something similar (similar sounds quite too good for my result :lol: ).

I´m sure you made some persons really glad with this

Thank you all :D There's one problem however, it wan't obvious at first but my camel riders were still using archery sounds, at least partially. I corrected the problem in the KFs and re-uploaded the zip file. So if you got the file before 26-05-2010, 03:00, you might want to re-download.

I aslo updated the first post with two camel gunners, with correct sounds this time.

I have to find a way to use those, to great to be left out. Now the only problem is, where should I use them... :think:

Pretty awesome, and will be very useful to me. Great work.

I have something of a challenge/request for you though.

It would probably be best to do a few different versions of this one, but I think a Camel Cataphract would make a good UU for many civs, and could serve as a nice flavor unit for middle-eastern civs. It is difficult to find pictures, but here is one with some armor I think would work:

Camels are generally slower and less maneuverable than a horse, but they are easier to travel around long distances with, and the rider sits higher (because Camels are taller than horses), so there are some advantages to it if used correctly. Basically all you'd have to do is give a spear attack animation (or I suppose you could use the sword too) and throw some armor on the animal.

You game?

I'd just like to say, I absolutely love your camel units. I had been using those by The_Coyote for the Malakim civilization in my FfH modmod, but those you made look quite a bit more like the original Camel Archer. :goodjob:

Will likely have to add a Camel Arquebus UU now....

Camels are generally slower and less maneuverable than a horse, but they are easier to travel around long distances with, and the rider sits higher (because Camels are taller than horses), so there are some advantages to it if used correctly. Basically all you'd have to do is give a spear attack animation (or I suppose you could use the sword too) and throw some armor on the animal.

You game?

One large benefit of camels you neglected to mention: Horses HATE their smell. If used correctly, camal-mounted cavalry is very effective against a standard cavalry.

From what I've read, Camel Cataphracts are kind of semi-fictional. There is one mention of them in Roman sources, apparently Bactrians used them but without success - the camel's self-preservation is too high to perform a suicidal cavalry charge and its hooves are soft and easily damaged.

That being said, it's not an argument against making the unit, it's quite interesting in fact. I wanted to say no at first since because I can't make the armor - I just combine other people's work really. However, I think I've seen a seperated frontal armor model somewhere, I'll see if it can be fitted on a camel. If that works, the neck and head armor would be just painted on the skin, while spear attack can be transplanted from some horseman unit.

There two other "fusion" units I wanted to make - Mounted Javelinman & Mounted Crossbowman. Correct me if I'm wrong - at least I think those are missing - I thought I found the Mounted Javelinman in TAM but it turned out to be a horse archer / placeholder.

Ambrox made a good deal of mouted javelineers a while ago, but please, with your skills i am sure they can be improved (not that ambroxs texturing is bad)

You would make a lot of people (or at least just me) very happy if you make Mounted Crossbowman and Mounted Javelinman animations! :D

On the camel cataphract graphics, it is very easy to meld armor to the camel graphics in blender and would give it a cleaner look then attaching it in nifscope. If you want I could do it for you, it is really only a ten-twenty minute job.

Top Bottom