How Do YOU Play Civ? (No this isn't a noob asking how to play)

Have you tried the Boreal map yet? It is the only map type where a hunting civilization actually has an advantage.

I couldn't find a post to which this relates so I'm guessing it's for me:

Yes, I have played on the Boreal map already, was a funny game. Build the Mids because I wouldn't have known how else I should have generated Research. Libbed Rifling in 770 AD, already had Military Tradition and Cav-rushed the complete map. Later I supported with Nukes and Tanks, just because AIs had like 50+ units stacks, don't know if true, but I think Nukes were simply the fastest way.

If you're interested, Savegames can be found http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/game_info.php?entryID=27039 and there are videos of the first 3.5h of the game in my Youtube channel. Reactions to those were between very positive and completely hateful, I believe the videos are still good for learning issues though.

I play with almost no expansion, and separating cities from production and research from culture and happiness. Get friendly with everyone (especially with the one that has Oil and Uranium), fortify all my cities and nuke everything that moves

Violence is always the answer :D

I am almost always the "goody two shoes". I almost never use slavery and I almost never preemptively attack anyone. I try to make lifetime allies for the game, if possible.

I usually build medium sized empires but from time to time I try to build an absolutely a huge one.

Every once in a while I'll play the Incas, Zulus or Mongols and try to rush and conquer and beat up the other civs.

I am usually not a micromanager but every once in awhile I'll really bear down and try to play as perfect a game as I can.

Also, I play to tell a story as much as I play to win. :)

Top Bottom