Great Videos To Learn From

brewgod

Prince
Hello Fellow Die Hard Civ 5 Fan's;

Can someone list the threads to the say...the top 5 youtube videos to learn from to improve you skills at Prince and Beyond in difficulty. That would be great. Thanks.

Also...type of Victory does not matter.

Brew God

Check out Marbozir's videos. He wipes the floor on Diety regularly with different civilizations and has won with a number of different victory conditions. He uses a remarkably consistent formula and is very good in explaining how and why to do things.

Marbozir plays on epic, and I don't really like that, along with a ton of mods.

I'd still recommend Maddjinn, he played only a few in BNW, but the commentary is fun. Yay for Ragasu! ;)

I have learned more about the game watching multiplayer players. Strongly recommend FilthyRobot and Yorus.

MadDjinn has the skill and is great for a "technical" breakdown of how to play, but I find ElCeePlaysCiv to be substantially more enjoyable to watch - not only is he funnier, but he often makes mistakes, which in turn makes him a better person to learn from (as you can see how he tries to recover from slip-ups.)
Or you could just watch Shenryyr...absolutely flawless gameplay :mischief:...

I have made some Deity LP, two of which are on some very good map proposed in the deity challenge. Right now I'm doing some Civ:BE videos.

However the game is so broken that after I've shown what I wanted I'll go back to Civ5 and play these challenges again until Firaxis manages to fix the game with some patching.

I may not be the best instructor (I play fast and speak with a french accent) however if you play on Prince you're likely to find valuable tips and good build orders there. I also do not have a professional setup (mic kind of sucks and there are some videos issues) but according to comments it's fine enough to understand me.

(see signature)

I have made some Deity LP, two of which are on some very good map proposed in the deity challenge. Right now I'm doing some Civ:BE videos.

However the game is so broken that after I've shown what I wanted I'll go back to Civ5 and play these challenges again until Firaxis manages to fix the game with some patching.

I may not be the best instructor (I play fast and speak with a french accent) however if you play on Prince you're likely to find valuable tips and good build orders there. I also do not have a professional setup (mic kind of sucks and there are some videos issues) but according to comments it's fine enough to understand me.

(see signature)

I don't think anyone will complain about an accent when they are legit trying to learn. Marbozir has an accent too and after awhile I don't really notice it. Lets Play videos are so much easier to keep with when there is commentary is the probably the biggest thing for me. It's a lot easier to understand what the player is doing when they talk about is as compared to just inferring what is going on.

I was watching some MadDjinn videos last night and saw a bunch of new things...mostly windows and how to find out more info on the AI and their relationships and also which trees they have opened.

What I found interesting was that MadDjinn was not building things too quick. Took long time to get a worker and then outweighed the trade route to build a road or not with maintenance cost of the road etc. Also that he did not have a huge problem NOT growing in size in his capitol. I found it interesting. Picked up a few new ideas.

Brew God

I used to check out videos from the me in team and peddroelm. These players both clear single player using honor which is a challenge obtaining a domination victory. I have seen some maddjinn videos, beyond the monument and I'm sure I've seen other multiplayer series about civilization that are more about playing and having fun than having a watch and learn experience.

I really like the vids from Moriarte.
Its been a while sinds he posted though..

Watching MP videos on top of SP videos can help you improve SP play. FilthyRobot is a very good YouTuber with lots of content. I think he has teaching experience and hence is very good at explaining things. Warning: his language can be quite vulgar.

Check out Marbozir's videos. He wipes the floor on Diety regularly with different civilizations and has won with a number of different victory conditions. He uses a remarkably consistent formula and is very good in explaining how and why to do things.
His 'let's play civ5 as Rome on Deity' was worth all 21 episodes (each about 30 minutes long).
Not only he knows the game very well and plays fast, but he also understands what a good 'let's play' requires.
- 30 minutes is a good time for a 'let's play' part
- he repeats mentioning all important decisions 3-4 times (btw, he talks a lot),
so player and watcher are always on the same communication level
- he cut the last videos (late game) to remove the annoying AI turn times, 1 minute or longer is 100% unacceptable.
One of the reasons I won´t buy any new games anymore. Those turn times are waste of your lifetime.

Some I watch are
-Korae (make sure you dont search civ 5 korea or something :))
-Marbozir
-Shenyyr (mostly Eu4 tho)
-FilthyRobot
-Yoruuss

I found most of these by searcing Civ 5 on youtube, and checking out all videos that arent Yogscast (not good for learning civ)

I like Elceeplaysciv because he plays quickly... doesn't labor over too many decisions.

I have also watched Korae, Marbozir (so much content, but I don't play on epic so I haven't watched a ton), PrimEvalCiv

Top Bottom