Play with Default names of Civ Leaders

Bill Bisco

Callous Calling
If I play as George Washington, I want my default name to be George Washington. It used to work this way, not it's the custom name I used once ALWAYS!

How can I get my Alias to always be the Leader name

Thanks,

Bill

I don't know about defaulting to the Leader's name but you can always pull down the options menu from the right upper corner and enter the Leader's name in place of whatever it defaults to, before you do anything else on turn 0. Although I don't use the Leader's name, I always do this to enter a different name for each game that I play.

Deleting the line for "In-game Alias" in civlizationiv.ini might work.

Yeah, this has been minorly annoying for me, too. s. bernbaum's method does work, and is what I usually do, but isn't ideal. Back when I played Civ4 Vanilla 1.00 and didn't play multiplayer, it always worked that way; I'm not sure quite when it changed or how to revert it.

When you start up a Custom Game, you can click on your settings (the button at the left of the first row that looks like a computer) and change your leader's name, and the civ name as well. By default, it lists what you had for your last Custom Game.

As I recall, the "Quick Game" sets your leader's name to the default for the civ, but I haven't used "Quick Game" since I was playing Vanilla, so it might not work on BTS.

What annoys me is that I don't play the same civ every game, so I have to remember to change it every game. :mad:

Top Bottom