Initial Thoughts & Questions

dc82

Prince
man, this game should come with a warn label. already suffering from one-more-turn-itis!

some initial thoughts...
- the gallery is a nice add, esp. given the lack of trophy support. at least it pushes you to try to unlock everything
- controls as a whole worked pretty well. once i have a sizable civ going though, it can get kinda crazy cycling through units (b/c of a slight lag i hit up/down too fast and end up cycling past my units)
- did you know that caravans can get raided for spending too much time in enemy territory? found out the hard way...
- the ai is a bit too war-bent and evil. pretty much every turn is a civ asking me to give x tech or face war, even as i began too outpace them in tech. still, that didn't stop the entire world to declare war against me (it's like having every developing nation declare war against the u.s. just 'cuz... they're more advanced!)
- did you know they can hold your settlers for ransom as well (honestly that was a bit lame in my opinion)?
- i was experimenting on chieftain - not sure if this was a glitch but i was able to nuke a civ. the turn after as i sent in my troops, it asked if i wanted to declare war with them...
- i originally thought scenarios were actual set maps (like civ 2)... turns out it's pre-set rules/conditions (more like a mod on civ 4)

wishlist/questions
- are you able to custom name your capital city (it didn't give me an option)?
- can you change city names mid-game?
- removing the max character limit on naming. it's funny that you can select "san francisco" if it's default, but you can't name it yourself under custom name
- i only played a few civs but, are the chinese and japanese the only civs with joke names? (e.g. kung pao forest/river/grassland)
- is there a way to check a list of accomplishments in the game (the demo would let you know at the end how many x you've researched/found/built)?
- turning off the reminder that i can build the u.n. (if i'm pursuing a different victory)
- unfortunately if a city is in the middle of your road system, sometimes there's no option to build another road (i suppose the computer sees it as the shortest distance), even though the city saps up one movement point
- still wishing for that earth map!

despite being a civ-er since the original civ, the game was still definitely great to play and a lot of fun. looking forward to finishing my game after work!

- i only played a few civs but, are the chinese and japanese the only civs with joke names? (e.g. kung pao forest/river/grassland)

Oh god, I hadn't seen that yet - tell me you're joking. Please be joking.

Top Bottom