Another WW2 scenario

I enjoy the health increase and the 2 units/tile. I also like what you did with north africa. The allies finally have an advantage and I'm having a hell of a time fighting in north africa. The European theater is good, I deleted like 6 french riflemen and 2 foreign legions, and 1 AA gun. It seems to be a good balance in France as I am moving steadily through.

Might be I'm the only one who's to impatient for the hitpoint system :) It makes sence, for me personal it's not a problem, I just fixed it by my self...
The 2 units per tile are good at all, but problem is the mask of CIV, means you can't see the unit under the top unit, makes it difficult to make strategic thoughts :/

Must have had hard working days and night making this mod, respect.
I just get ed up by making the unique units in the CIV5, ArtDef stuff is much harder than in Civ4 :( My english isn't best, so I left frustrated for many tries ;)

Best mod for Civ5!

Fair enough then. I agree that the masking problem is a definite con. For me it is outweighed by the pros. Glad you are able to go in and change stuff like that though. I suppose that is a benefit of having taken the time to manually put down all the xml.
It was indeed a lot of work. Somewhat to the detriment of my other obligations too. So, it is good to be finished with all the major work involved.

As for France's mainland army, when I repopulated the map with units I thinned it out quite a bit from what it was at before. It was absolutely too big in the old map.

At first time playing the scenario it hang up at round 43, so started new. I can only play by doing the worldbuilding-thing. allthough I have all DLCs, the countries spain, brazil and australia stay empty (and get choosen random on starting the scenario). but was ably to choose the missing players in scenario editor, works fine...

Attachments

• WW2 open.rar
    49.7 KB · Views: 65
I'll have to upload a new version sometime soon, as I found a big error that was behind the AI not building many of the new ww2 units.
I forgot to open the UnitsAI table and also the UnitsFlavors table. So basically nearly all of the ww2 units had no ai behavior to use (outside of the default?) and no flavors for the AI to use for building them.

So, it's fixed now and I've also gone ahead included some other changes I had made over the past week. Should have it uploaded either tonight, or sometime tomorrow.

I'll have to upload a new version sometime soon, as I found a big error that was behind the AI not building many of the new ww2 units.
I forgot to open the UnitsAI table and also the UnitsFlavors table. So basically nearly all of the ww2 units had no ai behavior to use (outside of the default?) and no flavors for the AI to use for building them.

So, it's fixed now and I've also gone ahead included some other changes I had made over the past week. Should have it uploaded either tonight, or sometime tomorrow.

Can't wait...

Ok, new version is uploaded. One thing I'm still not 100% is working correctly is the UnitAI, since I still was seeing the AI have its navy kinda wandering in some cases. Perhaps they are "patrolling" and this is just a vanilla problem though. Hard to say. I'll continue to look over the UnitAI table for errors as I get the chance regardless.

The other thing worth mentioning is that the flavors may be too high for some of the advanced units now. Before I discovered the real cause of the AI not building the right units, I went through and did a mass flavor increase for many ww2 units. I'm just going to leave it that way for now, and if it is problematic then I can reduce them later on.

First of all, This is the best WW2 Scenario I have ever played!( and I have been playing civ since Civ3) Congratulations to all that made that scenario.
I have a problem with the scenario, hope one you can help me...
I did install properly, I had the first issue in the beginning but I fixed it and played...Now, it s not loading my saved game? But I am able to start the scenario new...
I hate to start a new one considering the amount of time it takes for a turn and manage my empire...
Has anyone had this issue of not loading a saved game???

First of all, This is the best WW2 Scenario I have ever played!( and I have been playing civ since Civ3) Congratulations to all that made that scenario.
I did install properly, I had the first issue in the beginning but I fixed it and played...Now, it s not loading my saved game? But I am able to start the scenario new...
I hate to start a new one considering the amount of time it takes for a turn and manage my empire...

I have personally never had this issue. Did you disable any of the mods/enable any other mods?

Select map for mod.
Before checking senario, select leaders.
Scroll down a bit.
Exit and check senario.

When you select leaders again, scroll bar should be available.

Hi, this will not work for me, I want to play as the USA but no matter what I cannot select that leader.

How do I get this scrollbar to show up, driving me nuts!

Played till round 54 now on update (part 1 v7). AI now builds def UUs, had fun seing the WW2 units on the battlefield. :goodjob:
But seems to be that that there are to be some fixes on unit's flavors.
Playing as germany I saw LOTS of SU-26 on the russian side, a little bit of KV-1's and aircrafts. On italian side lots of "...letts" (forgot, were artellery an anti tank units, u know with xx/xx behind) and aircrafts. england had lots of ships, aircrafts and I saw one churchill.
For me, going on the battlefield with King Tigers and other endgame units I think that the flavors for the later game units have to be raisen up, exp. for all armored units.
Hope this information helps you to make the mod eaven better, I will report you every time I stop playing. (In my country it's 4:38 am now, so be sure this mod makes lot of fun :D )

Played till round 54 now on update (part 1 v7). AI now builds def UUs, had fun seing the WW2 units on the battlefield. :goodjob:
But seems to be that that there are to be some fixes on unit's flavors.
Playing as germany I saw LOTS of SU-26 on the russian side, a little bit of KV-1's and aircrafts. On italian side lots of "...letts" (forgot, were artellery an anti tank units, u know with xx/xx behind) and aircrafts. england had lots of ships, aircrafts and I saw one churchill.
For me, going on the battlefield with King Tigers and other endgame units I think that the flavors for the later game units have to be raisen up, exp. for all armored units.
Hope this information helps you to make the mod eaven better, I will report you every time I stop playing. (In my country it's 4:38 am now, so be sure this mod makes lot of fun :D )

Very helpful, thanks! I'm only at turn 12 in the current game I'm testing, so I had quite a ways to go before getting to see that sort of stuff. I'll plan on raising the tank flavors.

Thanks :) This is something I've seen before when playing a different mod. It was due to having deleted the "insta-heal" promotion. I haven't seen it with the ww2 mod though. To reiterate what dlmt3 said, check to make sure other mods aren't conflicting. Delete your cache too if that's something you haven't done. That seems to still correct problems from what I hear.

If you can't see any problem you might try deleting the mod, moving all your other mods out of your MODS folder (to ensure no conflicts), and reinstalling the ww2 mod.

Hi, this will not work for me, I want to play as the USA but no matter what I cannot select that leader.

How do I get this scrollbar to show up, driving me nuts!

Not too sure about this, but you might try starting a game as one of the leaders you can see, then quitting to main menu, and then going back to the game setup screen. Maybe double check you have the latest version of civ 5 too, as this is what I thought to be an older problem. If all else fails you can just go in and reorder the civs via World Builder. In your case, you would just move the United States to the top position. Kind of a crude solution, but it is guaranteed to work.

I noticed that you guys released a new update... are the updates done automatically through Steam? Because I did change some stuff before I started the scenario...
I started my world domination so perfectly and it s a bummer I can not load my saved game...with my japanese empire, I already conquered all South East Asia, Australia, all eastern chinese cities, and I was moving my war machine towards Hawaii, and starting The Russian Campaign...

I m going to try to delete the cache and only that scenario is checked and active... I can not think of anything else...
Is it the CACHE folder inside the CIV5 folder? and what exactly should I delete? When I click on the CACHE folder, there are a DOWNLOAD and a IMAGES folders both empty and some unreadable files...
please help!

I noticed that you guys released a new update... are the updates done automatically through Steam? Because I did change some stuff before I started the scenario...
I started my world domination so perfectly and it s a bummer I can not load my saved game...with my japanese empire, I already conquered all South East Asia, Australia, all eastern chinese cities, and I was moving my war machine towards Hawaii, and starting The Russian Campaign...

I m going to try to delete the cache and only that scenario is checked and active... I can not think of anything else...
Is it the CACHE folder inside the CIV5 folder? and what exactly should I delete? When I click on the CACHE folder, there are a DOWNLOAD and a IMAGES folders both empty and some unreadable files...
please help!

That's pretty crappy, as I know this scenario takes a long time to progress into. It has been a work in progress to say the least. Especially so over the past month as I've tried to get major bugs corrected. That's why it's been updated a lot lately. Now that things are for the most part working correctly new versions are not going to be coming out as often. With that said, it is not possible for the mod to auto-update itself.

I have attached a screen below with highlighted files I typically delete to clear the cache.

It's worth trying since it takes about 2 seconds, but probably won't help. It sounds like you began playing the scenario on an older version, made progress, saved your game, installed a newer version (perhaps inadvertently), then attempted to load your saved game. I have not checked to see what this would do myself, so I can't say with certainty it would ruin a save, but my guess is it would.
If this is the case, I think the only way to load your save is to roll back to the same mod version you had when you started the game. I delete all the old mod files after I post a new version that is known to work, so I think you can only do that if you know what version you started on, plus still have the old mod file on your computer somewhere.

Attachments

• cache.PNG
    cache.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 68
That's pretty crappy, as I know this scenario takes a long time to progress into. It has been a work in progress to say the least. Especially so over the past month as I've tried to get major bugs corrected. That's why it's been updated a lot lately. Now that things are for the most part working correctly new versions are not going to be coming out as often. With that said, it is not possible for the mod to auto-update itself.

I have attached a screen below with highlighted files I typically delete to clear the cache.

It's worth trying since it takes about 2 seconds, but probably won't help. It sounds like you began playing the scenario on an older version, made progress, saved your game, installed a newer version (perhaps inadvertently), then attempted to load your saved game. I have not checked to see what this would do myself, so I can't say with certainty it would ruin a save, but my guess is it would.
If this is the case, I think the only way to load your save is to roll back to the same mod version you had when you started the game. I delete all the old mod files after I post a new version that is known to work, so I think you can only do that if you know what version you started on, plus still have the old mod file on your computer somewhere.

Thanks anyway...
First of all, I did not download or install a new version... it s the same one I downloaded when I first started the scenario... by thew way, it s version6...
and I did delete the files from the cache, nothing...

I tried downloading this mod, I downloaded both parts 1 and 2. But when I start civ 5 and try to install the mod files only part one appears installed. I'm pretty sure it processed both files, but only one of them appears in my mod list.

New report: now at round 82. AI is building UUs, but only the early ones. have seen some tanks now, but think have to be more. Flavors for all the later units have defenetly to be raisen, haven't seen any of them on the battlefield. Only nation wich hasn't build any tank was italy. Perhaps a new flavor, one ror every civ could help...
Hope could help you...

I tried downloading this mod, I downloaded both parts 1 and 2. But when I start civ 5 and try to install the mod files only part one appears installed. I'm pretty sure it processed both files, but only one of them appears in my mod list.

I had the same problem with civ not recognizing mod install files on a couple occasions with this mod and also another mod, so I posted the solution in the OP. It's in the troubleshooting section, but I can understand not noticing it. So, below is copy/paste of it:

---If you need to manually extract the mods for whatever reason: Go to your MODS folder and locate the files that did not install in game. They will appear as civ5mod files, but are just storage files that can be extracted manually via a winzip type program.
For me it was
"WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 3 of 4 (v 3)"
&
"WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 4 of 4 (v 3)"
(Keep in mind parts 3/4 were removed)

Create a folder for each file and name them whatever you want (I just copied and pasted the above names and used those). Open them with your zip program and extract the contents to the corresponding folders you just made.

Now you've manually installed the mod files.

New report: now at round 82. AI is building UUs, but only the early ones. have seen some tanks now, but think have to be more. Flavors for all the later units have defenetly to be raisen, haven't seen any of them on the battlefield. Only nation wich hasn't build any tank was italy. Perhaps a new flavor, one ror every civ could help...
Hope could help you...

I appreciate it, so thanks again. It's hard to say what is happening with AI's build choices, as the flavors are already pretty high for the late game units. Here are a couple examples of how some of the high end units are currently set:
Spoiler :
Code:
<Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_GERMAN_PANZER_VIB_KING_TIGER</UnitType>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_OFFENSE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>30</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_DEFENSE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>20</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_MOBILE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>15</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_BRITISH_A41_CENTURION</UnitType>
			<Flavor>30</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Flavor>20</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Flavor>15</Flavor>
		</Row>
Spoiler :
Code:
<Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_AMERICAN_M4A3E8_SHERMAN_ES</UnitType>
			<Flavor>26</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Flavor>18</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Flavor>22</Flavor>
		</Row><Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_SOVIET_IS2</UnitType>
			<Flavor>32</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Flavor>27</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Flavor>20</Flavor>
		</Row>
The first 2 are mid tier heavy tank designs, and the second 2 are high tier medium tank and high tier heavy tank designs respectively. Those are set fairly high compared to other unit build options, so I don't understand why the AI would choose to not build them. I have seen the British AI building multiple Admiral Class Capital ships in the game I've been playing, so I know it is being influenced by the high flavors to some extent.

The problem for your game might be that the AI cannot upgrade its older units to the new ones. I purposely made it so only certain units can upgrade, so it might be the cause of the limitation if the AI has run out of strategic resources to build new units. If it has its older units destroyed in that case, it should choose to replace them with the newer units.

One thing I am sure about is that the AI is building too many ranged units (artillery types). I am thinking that to correct this I can just lower the ranged flavor for the leaders rather than going through and doing a unit by unit adjustment. If tanks aren't being built enough, I can do the same thing with the mobile flavor for the leaders. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with naval recon too, as it appears to me that the AI is building too many battleships, and not enough submarines/destroyers/cruisers.

Top Bottom