Ressource Deals & AI Attitude

Mizar

IM
I'd have a couple questions on deal mechanic & AI attitude;

(1) How long does it take (turns) to get the "we appreciate the years that you provided us with resources"

(2) Does it have to be the same resource for this whole period (e.g. does the term continue to count against question (1) if a different deal is made and the original one is canceled or not)

(3) How loop-sided (to the AI) does a deal have to be to trigger the additional bonus
"Our trade relations have been fair ...."

I'd have a couple questions on deal mechanic & AI attitude;

(1) How long does it take (turns) to get the "we appreciate the years that you provided us with resources"

(2) Does it have to be the same resource for this whole period (e.g. does the term continue to count against question (1) if a different deal is made and the original one is canceled or not)

(3) How loop-sided (to the AI) does a deal have to be to trigger the additional bonus
"Our trade relations have been fair ...."

1) You can find it for any particular leader in \Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4LeaderHeadInfos, they are generally around 40-50.

Code:
<iBonusTradeAttitudeDivisor>50</iBonusTradeAttitudeDivisor>

2) Say the AI has their BonusTradeAttitudeDivisor set to 40. If I trade them just Silver, I will get +1 after 40 turns. If I trade them Silver, Gems and Gold (the resource), I will get +1 after 40/3 turns. From what I understand, it is simply a counter that counts how many resources is traded per turn, so it would go something like:

counter += (iNumber_of_resources_traded_to_us_this_turn)
attitude change = counter/iBonusTradeAttitudeDivisor

(note, I have not looked into the DLL for awhile, the formula provided might not be entirely accurate)

3) Hard coded into the DLL; from what I remember, number of turns they have known you is used as part of the divisor and in decay (i.e. you meet babylon on turn 20 and you gift him 100 gold at turn 25), so small gifts early on would net you the +4, but would quickly degrade as turns pass. Tech gifting is surefire way of getting the +4 for a very, very long time :rolleyes:

Thanks, I found Ori's sheet with all the leader numbers that has indeed the numbers for (1), everyone has 50.

your (2) is especially helpful and I need to verify that, if it's a counter per resource that would be great, I thought it didn't matter how many resources.

would be great if someone has more insights and hard numbers on (3).

Top Bottom