How to exclude Leaders from Random Selection?

wayneb64

Prince
Is there a mod already that does this or is it something I could edit easily in some configuration file to prevent certain leaders from being selected as the Leader to play or play against? I really hate either playing or facing the two leaders with the OP city state takeover ability, it just ruins the game for me.

Is there a mod already that does this or is it something I could edit easily in some configuration file to prevent certain leaders from being selected as the Leader to play or play against? I really hate either playing or facing the two leaders with the OP city state takeover ability, it just ruins the game for me.

Maybe try Really Advanced Setup:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=486324

There's a option to un-check any Civilization in the map panel.

I'm with you on that one wayneb64 for me in particular Austria is highly annoying for the same reasons especially on the harder difficulties she's just absolutely prolific with city state takeovers and in my mod that I play I have city states able to expand out with settlers so consequently I never randomize Civ's I always select them in setup which kinda bites :mad:

The attached removes Shaka from play either as an AI or as a human playable civ. You can just follow the same format in the RemoveShaka.xml file and add more updates, and/or alter the existing update to point to a different civ.

Quick reference for the civ-names of all the Firaxis-made civs:
Spoiler :
Code:
CIVILIZATION_AMERICA
CIVILIZATION_ARABIA
CIVILIZATION_ASSYRIA
CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA
CIVILIZATION_AZTEC
CIVILIZATION_BABYLON
CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL
CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM
CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE
CIVILIZATION_CELTS
CIVILIZATION_CHINA
CIVILIZATION_DENMARK
CIVILIZATION_EGYPT
CIVILIZATION_ETHIOPIA
CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND
CIVILIZATION_FRANCE
CIVILIZATION_GERMANY
CIVILIZATION_GREECE
CIVILIZATION_HUNS
CIVILIZATION_INCA
CIVILIZATION_INDIA
CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA
CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS
CIVILIZATION_JAPAN
CIVILIZATION_KOREA
CIVILIZATION_MAYA
CIVILIZATION_MONGOL
CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO
CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS
CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN
CIVILIZATION_PERSIA
CIVILIZATION_POLAND
CIVILIZATION_POLYNESIA
CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL
CIVILIZATION_ROME
CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA
CIVILIZATION_SHOSHONE
CIVILIZATION_SIAM
CIVILIZATION_SONGHAI
CIVILIZATION_SPAIN
CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN
CIVILIZATION_VENICE
CIVILIZATION_ZULU
Note that the attached mod does not delete Shaka or the Zulus from the game, it just makes them unplayable.

1. Download the attachment
  2. Unzip
  3. Copy or drag the No More Shaka (v1) folder into your MODS folder
  4. Should appear as a usable mod the next time you start the game and go into the MODS menu
1Sometimes the forum software wants to download the attachment as "attachment.php" with the contents of the original zipped folder within that "attachment.php". If you have 7z you can open the "attachment.php" directly and unzip the No More Shaka (v1) folder directly. With the standard Winzip I am not sure if it recognizes the "attachment.php" as a compressed folder, or whether you have to unzip "attachment.php" and then grab the No More Shaka (v1) folder from within the unzipped result.

Attachments

• No More Shaka (v 1).zip
    1 KB · Views: 108
If you remove the Playable="false" part, the human player(s) will still be able to pick Shaka during game setup if they want.

This mod doesn't seem to be working. I am trying to eliminate two civs from random selection, here is the XML contents:

<GameData>
<Civilizations>
<Update>
<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA" />
<Set AIPlayable="false" Playable="false" />
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_VENICE" />
<Set AIPlayable="false" Playable="false" />
</Update>
</Civilizations>
</GameData>

I am using this with Acken's balance mod and it does not cause the civs to be removed from the list of those available during setup. I had two separate mods with only one civ disabled in each mod but I almost immediately rolled Enrico so I combined them in one file as above.

Here is the zipped folder.

Attachments

• No More Maria Theresa (v 1).zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 73
You renamed the filename of the XML-file, but you did not edit the modinfo file to relect the change in the name of the XML-file. You still have this in the modinfo file:
Code:
  <Files>
    <File md5="5E3D139C83433D1A741D02C5853FFC23" import="0">RemoveShaka.xml</File>
  </Files>
  <Actions>
    <OnModActivated>
      <UpdateDatabase>RemoveShaka.xml</UpdateDatabase>
    </OnModActivated>
  </Actions>
But you have changed the name of the XML-file to RemoveMariaTheresa.xml

re-download it, just leave the name as is and change the contents of the xml that's all I did and it works well no more Austria AI playable but I can still play it if I want too
Code:
<GameData>
	<Civilizations>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA" />
			<Set AIPlayable="false" />
		</Update>
	</Civilizations>
</GameData>

My editor behaved very strangely with that file (couldn't resize the window or page down) so I didn't see the extra lines at the bottom with the file names. Cursoring down knowing they where there, I fixed them. I just tried to setup a new game and they are no longer in the list so that appears to have been the problem. Thanks!

Top Bottom