Leader Screen Won't Scroll; Custom Leader, Civ, and Icon Don't Appear

Vlynor

Chieftain
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to build a custom civilization through Modbuddy but I can't seem to get it to work properly. The icon files are .dds and are loaded into the VFS and the XMLs are hooked up to the Actions/OnModActivated/Update Database menu. I'm using Babylon's XML as a baseline for the custom civilization and have changed all references to the new Civ's, but no dice with getting it to load properly. I can use Advanced Setup to choose the civilization but not the actual menu. Any help is appreciated!

Also, is Kael's guide still fairly accurate? Would that have any bearing?

Kael's guide - is out of date.
In most case this error appear becouse you not add your civilization 2 Unical Components or error type in xml tables.

Kael's guide - is out of date.
In most case this error appear becouse you not add your civilization 2 Unical Components or error type in xml tables.

Are there any comparable guides then? And would you mind explaining what you mean?

Sounds like you're missing at least two uniques.

Enable logging (first link in my sig) and check for obvious errors (eg typos), otherwise you'll need to attach the mod (second link in my sig) so we can see what you've actually done

Sounds like you're missing at least two uniques.

Enable logging (first link in my sig) and check for obvious errors (eg typos), otherwise you'll need to attach the mod (second link in my sig) so we can see what you've actually done

That worked. Thank you.

While I'm here, would you know how to make a guided missile able to fire without having line of sight on the target? I'm thinking similar to the Nuclear Missile, where you can drop it as long as you have uncovered the location before. I looked at the XML and couldn't find any feature that allowed that. There's <RangeAttackIgnoreLOS> which I've set to true, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.

I might be wrong, but because Nuclear Missiles have their own class, it could be hardcoded.

RangeAttackIgnoreLOS in table Units was never used anywhere by Firaxis. The same column-name is used in table Unit_Promotions for the Battleship, Artillery, and Rocket Artillery Units in PROMOTION_INDIRECT_FIRE.

RangeAttackIgnoreLOS in table Units might be an orphan column that was never implemented by Firaxis.

I might be wrong, but because Nuclear Missiles have their own class, it could be hardcoded.
It is (sort of); it's connected to INTERFACEMODE_NUKE. While you could (possibly) add your own interface mode, it would require extensive Lua knowledge

RangeAttackIgnoreLOS in table Units might be an orphan column that was never implemented by Firaxis.
Yep, it's completely ignored (not even read from the database into the internal C++ structures)

Top Bottom