What would you do?? Ethiopia / Immortal

You're going to get an extreme warmonger penalty from hitting either the CS or Korea's capital, so why would you take that penalty (when you've already met a couple other civs) when all you get out of it is terrible dirt?

Obviously, if he can take Korea capital, that's the target. However, generally speaking, far easier to take one CS than an Immortal AI with a tech lead. And Korea can be feisty if they build Hwacha. The CS left of Prague is the one to take, to set up 2 coastals. He could also have also planted another inland city on the river, but then can't produce a navy if he want one (that said, he doesn't need one). With his land, the "by the book" play is turtle with 3 or 4 (preferably 4 with Ethiopia), and then swallow Korea after Ideologies (leaving behind worst city), and maybe swallow some Spain, too.

Anyway, it is certainly far easier to Comp bow rush one CS than a Korean capital. Particularly as this Korea built Great Wall. Good luck with that. Particularly if he's learning Immortal. To each their own, but knocking out a CS early works, too.

some good advice on here

playing a new game at the moment with Aztecs and have put into practise a few bits I have been educated in this last week - the population / economy / science is going much better

some good advice on here

playing a new game at the moment with Aztecs and have put into practise a few bits I have been educated in this last week - the population / economy / science is going much better

Hurray! :goodjob:

Get that Capital nice and big, choose a some nice happiness for your religion, and get some nice growth. Everything, including war, will go much smoother.

won that one with a science victory

it was a bit dicey at some points but I had a decent start location with most cities protected by mountains

built loads of jaguars then upgraded them all to musketmen - couple of defensive wars to farm culture from the UA and raced through Order

wouldn't have been able to do that without the UA though

going to try for a domination win next - have science and diplomatic under my belt on immortal now

Which civ and map settings are you planning on

Arabia landed a lots of infantry on my continent and declared war on me ... Korea took Jeonju back and wiped out my artillery
Game over for me
I am hoping you will come to this game and tell us all how additional experience got you through it! I am betting that you can figure out just a little better tactics so you can keep Jeonju while bribing Arabia to take his attentions elsewhere. Once Korea is out of the picture, this game could be a lazy science VC or a hard fought Dom.

You're quite right about that, people don't talk about it but the triple gold from both encampments and from city sacking is a very nice bonus. If you're doing early conquest, which the Songhai promotions from the UA are nice for, then you need lots and lots of gold, and usually people get it from city sacking if they're going early dom (and tributing city states). The fact the Songhai can get like a thousand gold from a very early point in the game means their armies can keep going and stay modern for way way longer than anybody else's can

Top Bottom