No Barbs in world builder scenario

MuradBey

Chieftain
Hello,

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get Barbarians to show up on my saved map. I have a civ 5 (gods and Kings) generated map. I saved that map and just did some minor adjustments to it like added few gold mines. I scattered few barbarian camps throughout the map and also few ancient ruins. in the world builder I set the scnario to raging barbarians with 8 players, and 10 CS (the team numbers for players and CS are set from 1 to 18). When I load the game as a scenario I find the ancient ruins but the barbarian camps are empty and stay empty. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get the barbs to show up. (im only using info addict as the mod)

Thanks

Barbarian Camps pre-placed onto pre-made maps are never registered with the game-core as being 'true' barbarian camps, so they never spawn barbarian units. Existing Barbarian units will sometimes use these camps as the place to park a captured civilian, and they sometimes will occuy the camp, but you won't see units spawning from the camp.

The same issue applies to methods in lua that are used to place Barbarian Camps onto the map during gameplay -- the game never recognizes them as 'true' Barbarian Encampments.

So what's the solution? There is no way I can have barbarians in this map? I guess the only way to have them is to just manually place some barbs units (which btw I cant find barbs warriors in the units list only archers,swords) and hope that they occupy the barbs encampments I created?

I played like 50 turns but did not notice any barb spawning in near any of the encampments I created. Do barbs spawn if the map was created from scratch using world builder and this is just a pre made maps bug? Also if there somewhere where people share their created maps?

I played like 50 turns but did not notice any barb spawning in near any of the encampments I created.
They won't because as I explained already, the encampments you placed in WorldBuilder are never registered with the game-core as being "real" encampments from which Barbarian units should spawn:
Barbarian Camps pre-placed onto pre-made maps are never registered with the game-core as being 'true' barbarian camps, so they never spawn barbarian units. Existing Barbarian units will sometimes use these camps as the place to park a captured civilian, and they sometimes will occuy the camp, but you won't see units spawning from the camp.

The same issue applies to methods in lua that are used to place Barbarian Camps onto the map during gameplay -- the game never recognizes them as 'true' Barbarian Encampments.
The game will spawn new camps naturally based on the usual restrictions for such camp-spawning, and Barbarian units will spawn only from the naturally-occuring encampments.

If you are not seeing any Barbarians spawning anywhere, then you need to check that you have not inadvertently shut off the Barbarians. Using Team #22 in a WorldBuilder map has the effect of turning off Barbaians for any game started as a "Scenario" using that pre-made map. This is in addition to setting "No Barbarians" in such a map's Scenario Properties, or selecting "No Barbarians" in the game's Advanced Set-up menu.

The scenario has 8 players (team 1 -8), 10 CS (team 9-19) so team 22 is not assigned. I also checked raging barbarians in the world builder scenario. Also when load scenario in the civ screen I make sure the raging barbarian is also checked. So if I understand correctly barbarian will eventually spawn in the map but not from the encampments I created. Finally is there any where you can find cool maps people have created?

There's a whole sub-forum for pre-made Civ5 maps.

There are also numerous pre-made maps available as 'mods' that you subscribe to on Steam Workshop. These vary from downright silly to really well-made1. Generally you need to subscribe to these mods on the workshop, let them download, then you need to exit the game and drag the map file from the MODS folder of the map 'mod' into the game's Maps folder.

1Everyone has a different definition of 'silly' and 'cool', so what I find 'cool' you might not find the least bit interesting

Thank you for the link and your help. For me a cool map is a map that is challenging yet rewarding.

Ok I have one more question. So Let's say I have this game saved in Civilization it's turn 0 and I would like to change the map but keep everything as it is (civ starting position, CS, Ancient ruins etc). Is there a way you can change the map resources in World builder and keep everything else the same. As far as I know I can save the map and then when I open it in world builder the only things that are constant are the resources and layout, everything else is gone (players starting position, barbs encampments, ancient ruins...). I have this great map that I like but I only wanna add one or two resources here and there but wanna keep everything else unchanged (civ starting position etc)

Ok I have one more question. So Let's say I have this game saved in Civilization it's turn 0 and I would like to change the map but keep everything as it is (civ starting position, CS, Ancient ruins etc). Is there a way you can change the map resources in World builder and keep everything else the same. As far as I know I can save the map and then when I open it in world builder the only things that are constant are the resources and layout, everything else is gone (players starting position, barbs encampments, ancient ruins...). I have this great map that I like but I only wanna add one or two resources here and there but wanna keep everything else unchanged (civ starting position etc)
Whenever you save a map from the in-game "Save Map" button, you always get the bare map with nothing but resources, base terrain, and features such as forest or flood plains -- everything else is wiped. WorldBuilder won't be able to help you with this because by the point where you can re-open the saved map within WorldBuilder, the game has already wiped all the stuff off the map you want to keep from your saved game. You would have to 'rebuild' the starting conditions such as city placements, unit placements, player starting locations, improvements, roads, etc., in WorldBuilder and then use the resulting map as a Scenario.

Your only real other option is to subscribe to the IGE (In-Game Editor) mod, then enable the IGE mod, then load the saved game and after you are in-game, use IGE to make your resource-placements, etc. Then save the resulting game. But this really only works very well if the savedgame was a modded game to begin with. Then when you decide to replay that "map" you are really just reloading the saved-game in the condition it was in when it was saved.

thanks a lot man that in game editor mod is really what I was looking for and I didnt even know it existed. Now I can edit the map on the go and don't even have to worry about barbs because they are still there. Thanks a lot again.

Top Bottom