Removing Fort As An Improvement

mart0544

Chieftain
Hey guys! 100% new and inexperienced modder here (seems prevalent here atm), with a question about how to remove fort as an improvement.

Reason I want to get rid of it is because, being the lazy ass that I am, I set workers to auto almost ALWAYS (judge me later :blush:) and the workers tend to build these forts almost constantly in spaces that either can't possibly be worked by the city, or have no yields such, such as food or gold, to them.

Granted, my research in these forums and in some others lead me to posts that give straight answers as to how to remove it (the trading post one in particular gave a code to remove the trading post from build menu of the worker, but what do you do with it?), but none of the things I found seemed to clarify specifically on how to do the aforementioned, not even by skimming through tutorials on civ-making.

Wall of text aside, how can I go about this? it'd be nice to just simply remove the option to build the fort from the worker's menu and be done with it. Any help would be appreciated, but do keep in mind that I'm 100% new and I might not be as seasoned in the art of modding as most of you probably are.

Thanks!

Eh, alright. Since I feel like no one likes newbies around here, I'll post my solution (for equally inadequate newbies :D)

Code:
DELETE FROM Unit_Builds WHERE BuildType = 'BUILD_FORT';
DELETE FROM BuildFeatures WHERE BuildType = 'BUILD_FORT';
DELETE FROM Builds WHERE Type = 'BUILD_FORT';

Start up a new mod in ModBuddy and create a .sql game rules file, and simply put the code into it and you're done! If you don't know the additional steps, check out that old obsolete guide that everyone still refers to. Credits to this gentleman for posting the original code, modified to remove the fort rather than the trading post.

You can also, obviously, replace BUILD_FORT with another improvement that you may wish to remove.

Regards!

Top Bottom