When the AI is your best bro

InaneObserver

Warlord
I was thinking about the selection of AIs the other day, and came to the conclusion that my favourite AI to have on the map, by far, is Shaka (given that he is more than 10 hexes from my cap).

Even on a hard map, if I find Shaka I start to relax, thinking that chances of winning have just imroved.

He's aggressive, sure, but he's also very predictable. You can usually buy a DoW for a penny, eliminating the threat of two AIs marching on you. The DCLs # 4 and #10 are good examples. Furthermore, since he is fighting everyone else and you are the only one talking to him, the cost of future DoWs will often be low. He is less likely to turn on you suddenly than the Aztecs or other warmongerers. Finally, if he munches up other civs completely, great! That removes potential rivals, and Shaka is rubbish at bpt and culture:)

What do you think? Do you have any other favourites?

A Piety neighbour with Jesuit Education ;)

True. I guess some AIs are more likely than others to pick up nice beliefs, even though foreign religions are usually crap

If you meet Shaka for the first time and he asks you to DOW someone else that's good, if not that's bad as you could be his target.

My favorite AI is an ICing Hiawatha who's expanding away from you and doesn't found a religion. You're religion if you have Itinerant preachers will soon be the dominant religion on your continent.

Agreed that Hiawatha isn't too bad. He can go pretty high in culture, so when aiming for a CV he can be a bit of a pain. But, nowhere near as bad as Poca:D

I would agree with you both if he would behave like that, but he is always forward settling me instead of the AI. That, plus his infinite missionary spam makes him a liability in almost all my games.

Atilla because he just clears out everyone if I just ask him nicely and give, like, 5gpt :D

Top Bottom