1 Turn Bulbing a GS (Post Patch)

I know that before the patch there was an exploit where overflow was multiplied by the science multipliers multiple times, and now it is nerfed so overlof is capped at the cost of the previous tech.

Is it still possible to increase bulb output by choosing a strategic moment? As far as I understand, if you bulb say 5000 beakers, as far as I know what happens is:

- the current tech is finished, if possible. If you wait until it is 1 turn away, this may only cost a couple hundred beakers.
- leftover beakers are added to the current turns science output, and spent as normal on the next tech you choose to research
- if you bulb again in the same turn, you again get the first tech immediately. So, as long as each tech is more expensive than a single bulb, you cannot arbitrarily build up beakers

Is my interpretation correct that:

- the remainder of the beakers after getting the first tech is *not* treated as overflow, but you will get overflow if you pick a cheap tech next (so that beakers left on first tech + cost of next tech < GS beakers).
- however, you can't really exploit this since overflow is capped at the cost of the second tech (which presumably must be cheap to trigger the exploit) or 5 turns of science, while a GS gets you 8 turns?

That said, I guess you can still squeeze out some bonus beakers by making sure that about half the GS is used on current + next tech, so the remaining 4 turns worth of beakers are multiplied to less than 5 turns of science by the "already discovered" discount?

Beakers in a tech instantly granted during your turn: This portion is definately safe since it granted the tech.
Techincally the excess is overflow but I think the check won't yet run. It might be a good idea to use the tech queue to assign the next tech anyway.

Beakers in excess of the tech cost of the newly selected tech from the bulb + any RA(s) completing + the beakers you will naturally earn : This is definitely subject to the cap.

Basically don't sign 2 RAs the exact same turn but have them be on separate turns.
Take extreme care if considering bulbing a GS the same turn any RA is due.
Also take extereme care if considering bulbing a second GS the very same turn.
And avoid GS bulbing that turn if you have enough to complete not only current tech but the next one.

Top Bottom