How do you spend your unit promo's

Willem90

Chieftain
I was wondering how everyone does it.

I usually try to save the promotions when attacking a city so i can heal the unit and keep the dmg up. I use a high amount of CB and XB's and 1 melee unit.

I usually take a terainmodifier buff + ranged reduction (promo 2 and 3) so i can keep attacking cities without having to rotate my ranged champions too much.

How do you build your units? 2-3 times e.g. open terrain?

I was wondering how everyone does it.

I usually try to save the promotions when attacking a city so i can heal the unit and keep the dmg up. I use a high amount of CB and XB's and 1 melee unit.

I usually take a terainmodifier buff + ranged reduction (promo 2 and 3) so i can keep attacking cities without having to rotate my ranged champions too much.

How do you build your units? 2-3 times e.g. open terrain?

I never use insta heal unless death is imminent, do you not use meatshields with 66% ranged dmg reduction to soak up city dmg?

Ranged Units, I give Accuracy or Barrage, depending on the terrain of the city I'm about to attack next, all the way until I can give them Logistics. Then they earn XP twice as fast, and I give them range, then March, then Cover. I usually win before they need anything more than that.

Melee units, I give them Drill I (unless America, for example) and then Cover so, as the last poster suggested, they can absorb the city hits while the ranged units lower the city's HP.

Siege units, when I use them, get Accuracy or Barrage I then Volley.

If the unit will upgrade to something where the promos will be useless (like chariot archers) then I insta-heal them or give them Cover.

According to a thread in these very forums cover doesn't protect you from a city's ranged attack. Terrain bonuses that your unit is on will.

But all cities generally have an archer stationed in them, my reasoning for cover is more its versatility, generally my melee units will only move into city range when I am ready to take the city. 66% reduction to archer attacks gives me a much greater meatshield for the game in general, I rarely use my melee units to fight as I usually have at least as many ranged units behind them.

whatever you do, try to keep the promos in one type to get the later promos. (shock I, II, III --> march)

According to a thread in these very forums cover doesn't protect you from a city's ranged attack. Terrain bonuses that your unit is on will.

Can you link to this thread please?

Top Bottom