Diplomacy with the Deutsche Küche

Lanzelot

As templar said, we have contact with the Deutsche Küche now. Unfortunately I can't open the save until late tonight, so can someone please fill in the necessary details here? How did we meet them?! (Depending on that I may need to replace the "after a long dangerous journey" part in our greeting message...)

So they don't know Philo. Well, that's not so important as the Eagles know that, so they can always swap. More important is: do they know CoL?? Also did any tech costs drop? That will tell us whether they have anything to trade.

Any guess as to their civilization?

Lanzelot

Ok, I see now, they met us.

Erster Kontakt / First Contact
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An die Besatzung des kleinen Bootes!

Der ausgesendete Rezepteforscher "Grillmeister" grüßt die seefahrenden Ritter in ihrer Nussschale. Wir freuen uns über die Begegnung und sind gespannt, ob die "Knights" der "Deutschen Küche" und unserem Chefkoch Clemens Wilmenrod kulinarische Erkenntnisse aus der fernen Heimat mitgebracht haben mögen.

Beste Grüße,

"Grillmeister" der Deutschen Küche

Message to the crew of the small boat!

The sent recipesearcher "Grillmeister" hails the seafaring knights in their cockleshell. We are glad about the meeting and anxious whether "Knights" might bring along some new culinary achievements from their far homeland to "Deutsche Küche" and our chef Clemens Wilmenrod.

Best regards,

"Grillmeister" of Deutsche Küche

I'll answer with a first Hello-message, filling in concrete details later tonight.

that´s quite a bit friendlier than the Eagles welcomed us...

templar_x

yes, but it does not matter whether we do so today or tomorrow.

what about offering Philo to the Küche? maybe they start telling us about their deal they already have for Philo...

templar_x

Ok, the Küche does not know: Ironworking, CoL, Philosophy.
That means the other continent does not know CoL yet!!

Too late for a "before/after" comparison tonight. Can someone else do it? I would still like to know, whether they have a tech that we don't know yet.

I asked the Küche for passage through the Salzburg waters. No reply yet, but I expect that they at least say "yes" or "no", before they pass the turn to us.

sure, why not. they can move any curragh they have in 50 turns freely either through our waters on our continent, or our waters on their continent. :devil:

templar_x

After one month the Küche decided to reply to one post of Lanzelot.

I have to say, the diplo in this game, from all sides, can only be seen and called ridiculous!

The funny thing is that they contradict the Eagles. Their version is much likelier: They were close to finalizing deals with the Eagles, when Calis saw they we would be so much more powerful partners. However, we proved to be so much more difficult, too. So they chose to be Primus with a weaker partner rather than Secundus with us.

templar_x

Calis is a good guy.

Dear Sir Lanzelot,

you may be wondering, why we haven't answered for so long. You may have noticed, that we own iron working, philosophy and even code of laws by now. You may assume that there will be more technologies that we will not receive from you. Yes, we have an agreement with the Eagles. Please don't missunderstand this as a choice against you. Mainly this was a matter of time. When we encountered your small boat we have already been engaged in negotiations with the Eagles for some time and so it didn't took too long till we finished those negotiations sucessfully. Unfortunately we are now bound not to exchange any technologies of the ancient age with you.
We know that this a mayor disadvantage for establishing good relations between Knights and Cooks especially in the short term, but we hope to do so at least in the long run.

Best wishes,

yours sincerely, Cotta the flavour enhancer

This is what the Küche posted. I found it hilarious. And this shows that the dates the Eagles are telling us about will probably not be true.

Whatever, I would like to reply like this:

Dear Cotta, enhancer of smells and tastes,
we must confess that your cuisine is much better than the service would have promised it to be. One is waiting forever to be able to order in your establishment, and then you wait even longer until the meal is served, but actually that one was delicious. And this was only a tavern in the harbour district! In no way comparable to our order´s typical muck.
So we wish you that you like the ingridients you ordered with another supplier. We have given up with this specific one, and we warn you about some of his practices. Or is it possible that you are not aware, that he was negotiating with us over the goal to make a hostile takeover over your chain? And that he is still talking with us about the time after your current deals run out? - We can easily tell you about that, the KBH for sure won´t make deals with this supplier again in this game. We had two deals running already, which he immediately "re-interpreted" (=broke) when he seemed to find your proposals more attractive. The funny thing is, while you obviously are doing their research for a very important tech now, they have started negotiations with one tribe you do not know yet... how we do know? because both sides told us! :eek:
Therefore, not all chances for co-operation are over for our tribes in our eyes. We do not know if the Eagles intend to play the whole game like this, making deals with everyone and then choose when they like which ones to keep. But in this case, maybe very soon - depending on what the current talks with the Anarchie bring - the two of us will be talking business again.
Best wishes
Lanzelot

Just something like that. I think L should answer, whatever he likes, on that line, to cause some more mistrust.

templar_x

New Message

Ehrenwerter Sir Lanzelot,

wir danken für die offene Antwort. Wir fragen uns aber, wie Ihr wissen könnt, dass die Adler Verhandlungen mit dem mysteriösem vierten Volk aufgenommen haben. Nach unserem Kenntnisstand ist ihr Verhandlungspielraum stark eingeschränkt. Denn die Fesseln, die uns binden, gelten für die Adler ebenso. Wir werden unsere mit ihnen eingegangen Verpflichtungen einhalten und werden auch mit Euch jetzt oder in Zukunft eingegangene Verpflichtungen erfüllen. Wir betonen nochmals, dass wir an offenen und ehrlichen Worten sehr interessiert sind, aber uns nicht Spekulationen hingeben wollen, die nur zu noch mehr Verwicklungen führen.

Und zuletzt noch der Hinweis, dass die Deutsche Küche naturgemäß auf dem Standpunkt steht, dass nichts so heiß gegessen wird, wie es gekocht wurde. Trotzdem verstehen wir, dass die Bruderschaft von unserem Service noch nicht überzeugt ist, möchten dies in Zukunft aber besser machen - und unser Durchreiseabkommen zeigt es doch auch. Lasst uns daran ein Beispiel nehmen.

Hochachtungsvoll,
Cotta, der Geschmacksverstärker

----------

Honourable Sir Lancelot,

we thank you for this frank response. But we keep asking us how you can know that the Eagles have started negotiations with that mysterious fourth tribe. As far as we know they have limited space for such negotiations, as the bonds that limits our trading with you are there as well for the Eagles. We will fulfil our obligations towards them and we will also fulfil our obligations towards you as well negotiated now as in future. We cannot but emphasise our interest in your honest words but we are not concerned about wild speculations that lead to even more confusion.

And finally a hint regarding the German Kitchen to persist to the rule that nothing is served with the heat it was prepared. But we understand the Brotherhood to be - not yet - content with our service - but we improve, as our Right of Passage clearly shows. Let us all take this as a reference for upcoming negotiations.

Most sincerely,
Cotta the flavour enhancer

Very interesting response from the Küche:

Lieber Sir Lanzelot,

wir haben bereits einen Forschungsplan, der die Republik schon beinhaltet und möchten diesen nicht aufgeben. Zusätzlich sind wir über Euren Umgang mit dem freien Volk verunsichert. So heißt es, dass ihr gar nicht berechtigt seid, uns die Literatur anzubieten. Wir lehnen Euren Vorschlag somit ab.

Hochachtungsvoll,
Cotta, der Geschmacksverstärker

Looks like I was right and all three teams now believe the "Anarcho's side of the story".

wouldn´t it be so much nicer now if we could ignore all this, we had taken the Eagles´ offer, they would take the Geschmacksverstärker out, and us the Anarchie?

only because we leant so heavily towards the totally unreliable Anarchie brought us here. that is no reproach towards anyone, or you, Lanzelot, only the counter-thesis that our ACTING caused the problems we face now. it was our NON-ACTING, even though the signs were so clear that they were hurting.

templar_x

btw, they do not even have direct contact, and still claim that the reason is that they know we do not have the right to trade Lit to them? come on. it becomes harder and harder to not simply call everone else´s diplomacy just plain stupid in this game.

templar_x

That confirm my point DK SURRENDER ALL EXTERNAL AFFAIR TO EAGLES. And even all external communications needs Eagles confirmation. It is so obvious, that i do not understand why Cyc demonstrate it to us? Question: shall we let them know that we understood?

sure, i think we can state that part in any case. t_x

btw, they do not even have direct contact, and still claim that the reason is that they know we do not have the right to trade Lit to them? come on.

have a short look on their latest town foundations. can you believe this? with all that nice land in their north/northeast, they build those crap towns on the most impossible city sites in the s/se?!?!?!

t_x

I think Eagles dictated them where to settle.
This is the way how proper diplomacy one have to conduct if have some superiority.

Top Bottom