Immortal slavers!

Hi team :),

that looks nicely done Rusten ;)
How about vassalizing Hammu asap and move on Willem ourself? We could tech engeenering and be in good position for early conquest... the game is not likely to reach communism so we might as well go for the quickest finish... what do you think?

Roster:

Rusten -> just played...
Mystyfly -> up!
Raskolnikov -> in the starting blocks...

Cheers

We would need to tech feudalism to vassalize Hammy. And we don't have feudalism, nor can we trade for it.

We will need engineering to take down Willem as I imagine he'll have lots of castles up by the time we attack him. At some point, we're going to have to turn research back on to get a few more necessary techs...

We would need to tech feudalism to vassalize Hammy. And we don't have feudalism, nor can we trade for it.

:crazyeye: I need to look at the save before saying any more sillyness...
Forgetting what i just said, isn't feudalism -> engeenering the way to go then? With all EPs on Willy from now on, we could also drop the defenses of dutch castles...

I think I requested a swap if I was up this weekend. I repeat: Please swap me :p

(National squash championships this weekend, lots of work to do for school on monday (since I don't have time this weekend) and a visit to some research institute on tuesday... earliest I can play is wednesday)

I can play monday if that's OK with the rest of the team. :)

Well, I began my turns monday but haven't finished yet... and last night have been too much busy for civ :mischief:... I'll try to post a save this evening so Mysty can grab it in time... sorry for being a late again :rolleyes:

Sure, go ahead. By this time me complaining about somebody being late would be fairly hypocritical ;)

Hi guys :),

I finally found some times before the sad soccer night (french club once again get hammered in champions league :lol:) to finish the round... a short one as the birth of our new GP (a scientist) seemed the perfect time to discuss again :goodjob:...

The aim of the round was to capture Nippur, Opis, and Mari (the most southern of the babylonian cities)... but the soon to be legendary "Opis desastrous assault" changed the day :mischief:.

At the beginning of the round, Wilem stoped the ivory deal...

I guess maces + xbows will do from now on (no knights spotted)...
I settled the GG in Thebes as we had already a GG medic unit. That is one more city producing CR2 cats :goodjob:.

The assault of Opis happened in 1000 AD but frustrated, I didn't take any pics. basically , I . .. .. .. .ed the compostion of the mini stack designed for this city. It would have needed one or two more cats. So after suicidind one cat, 3 (or was it 4 :confused:) of our brave troops died at the city walls... I retreated before loosing the whole stack.

If the cats weren't at Opis, it's because they were at Nippur gates:

Mari is about to be captured, but the birth of the GS made me stop. Next player should grab that city easily, defenses are already bombed to 0%.

In the meantime, we got to choose from crappy AP resolutions, so we decided to do... well nothing :p

This same turn (1010 AD), Willen landed liberalism, taking nationalism out of it. He hasn't gunpowder nor military tradition, so our vet phants should keep us safe if we want to quickly strike the dutch (my vote naturally)...

Tech situation:

We would still need pikes as Willy has guild... nothing too scary otherwise.

This is what Hammu currently offers for peace:

I think we want at least Mari, Dur Kurigalzu, and Borsippa before taking peace though...

Power graph:

So what do we do now? :p

Roster duty:

with the swaps it would be something like...

Mysty -> up!
Rusten -> on deck!

... but I am fine with changing the order (if Rusten is bored with two close sets or someone else wants its Aztec fix :))

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Compulsive Slaver AD-1030.CivBeyondSwordSave
    222.3 KB · Views: 138
I am afraid I need to step back from this one. I kinda underestimated the work I have to do to get my Matura and if I have free-time I don't feel like playing civ at all.

I'll continue lurking tough. Good luck taking out willem, I guess that might be a tough one :hammer:

I am afraid I need to step back from this one. I kinda underestimated the work I have to do to get my Matura and if I have free-time I don't feel like playing civ at all.

I'll continue lurking tough. Good luck taking out willem, I guess that might be a tough one :hammer:

:( I am sorry to hear that... well work hard then, hoping to see you in a future game :)

@Shyuhe: Willem is still two techs away from cuirassiers, the only unit that can stop us in the near future. So I would tech engeenering and hurt him as much as possible untill then :).
Rusten seems to believe we can do the job with maces, phants (there is a resource in babylone when it comes out of revolt)... and so do I... what do you guys think? :)

Cheers

edit:
With Mysty dropping from the roster, things would be like this:
Rusten -> up!
Shyuhe -> on deck!

Do we go this way or do we swap both of you as Rusten just played before me?

edit2: Ok so Rusten told me in IM that the standard procedure in this case is to leave the player in its last position, so that would give:

Shyuhe -> up! (hehe up in all my SGs :))
Jet -> on deck!

btw, if someone wants to discuss the game on IM, just ask I'll PM you my address

I don't mind playing this as well. I'll take a look tonight.

great!
I just remembered, some troops are in "go to" mode toward the south east front, to have reinforcements to grab Borsippa. Have fun :)

How far do we need to research before we stand a chance against Willem, you think? (and of course keeping in mind his breakneck research speed so we'll need to hurry with getting the economy on track...) Can we catch up to him in military techs by the renaissance or can we only hope for that at infantry?

While we do have a lot of land (and with Hammy's fall good land as well) I think it's going to take long before we catch him in tech, and I doubt we'll be able to catch him now while we're still on the same era of units. That means a long, long time of peace...

@Paulus: I think we have the troops right now, maces and phants can handle all kinds of dutch troops for now (well at least until Willem gets cuirassiers).
Engeenering would be nice for the additional movement point and trebs though.
I just hope the window won't close soon :)

I haven't looked at the new save so maybe I'm missing something. Anyhow; we don't need to research anything, but engineering can be useful for movement and trebs. I see that we've started putting some beakers into it so I suggest we extort the remainder from Hammurabi when we want peace.

We won't have trouble with any units until grenadiers or riflemen. Maces with siege support beats everything inside cities and elephants beat knights with ease and do well against cuirassiers. What do we have to be afraid of?

Bankrupting our economy is our only concern, I think. You may be right Rusten - we may be able to crush everybody with medieval units given the amount of land and production we have. I will queue some markets here and there to make sure we don't go on strike but will otherwise continue war preparations against Willem.

As for Hammy - I'm tempted to take peace with him for feudalism (or preferably engineering) as I don't think he likes Willem enough to vassal to him. Any thoughts?

Ok, I looked at the save. We have a GS floating around. He'll bulb paper right now. I'm inclined to settle him somewhere. Our forces are spread very thin right now and I don't think we have the army necessary to declare on Willem. I'm tempted to swap into rep/caste/OR and build infra (i.e., Judaism buildings) while taking 1-2 more of Hammy's cities. Then we can extort feudalism out of him while teching towards engineering. Or we can just take peace now and extort engineering.

Here's Willem's empire:

I coughed up the 95 gold to buy it from him so that we get an idea of what we're going up against. He has some very good land, to be frank.

Also, both Willem and DeGaulle have too much on their hands now. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom