BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Thanks for all the work on the new mod. I may give it a spin at some point. I haven't played any Civ IV since the end of SBOTM9.

I guess you could say that I am retired ;)

I think its bad that the options can only be entered by a shortcut.

One of the next things on my list (it's a long, long list) is to add buttons for all of these features to the main interface along with a main BUFFY menu much like the in-game ESC menu.

Buffy is fantastic. It will be a great help for complex games.
Only one problem: i can't tell it which autolog file use.
I verified with the help, tried various settings, but is stays on one i set for a test.

Thanks for the great work!

I had BTS and Vanilla working all right. Then I patched to 3.19. Then I installed BUFFY, then I installed 1.74.004. Changed the ini files to load those automatically.

Launch BTS, everything is alright, BUFFY features look so great!
Launch Vanilla, get a no-interface problem, as you can see in the picture here (not mine, another people having the same problem, only in BTS).
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8301100&postcount=12

I've tried changing CustomAssets name, as indicated in that thread. No better.
I've tried changing the NoCustomAssets variable in the ini file, as mentioned in the thread. I can only find the variable in the BUFFY ini file, not in the 1.72.004 ini file. No better.
Finally I have run AssetsChecker and the first error it finds is
Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

I have mentioned exactly the steps I've taken, no other actions performed. What should I do now, please?

Read denniz post earlier in the thread?

I am really enjoying BUFFY. Thank you very much to all those involved.:goodjob:

Buffy is fantastic. It will be a great help for complex games.
Only one problem: i can't tell it which autolog file use.
I verified with the help, tried various settings, but is stays on one i set for a test.
That might be a bug. You can probably change it manually by going into the UserSetting folder. Look for the Autosave.ini.

I had BTS and Vanilla working all right. Then I patched to 3.19. Then I installed BUFFY, then I installed 1.74.004. Changed the ini files to load those automatically.

Launch BTS, everything is alright, BUFFY features look so great!
Launch Vanilla, get a no-interface problem, as you can see in the picture here (not mine, another people having the same problem, only in BTS).
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8301100&postcount=12

I've tried changing CustomAssets name, as indicated in that thread. No better.
I've tried changing the NoCustomAssets variable in the ini file, as mentioned in the thread. I can only find the variable in the BUFFY ini file, not in the 1.72.004 ini file. No better.
Finally I have run AssetsChecker and the first error it finds is
Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

I have mentioned exactly the steps I've taken, no other actions performed. What should I do now, please?
I am a little confused. Are you missing the interface with Vanilla or BTS? I am not sure what is going on with vanilla. But for BUFFY you need to get rid of the BUG mod if it is in customassets. You can install it as a mod if you need to. Also, their is a new version of the Assetchecker (v2.2). I would expect the DLL to show up as different if you use the old one since that is the only thing that changed.

I get this screen when I load Buffy from the load mod screen.

Please try the Vista Fixes.

Launch Vanilla, get a no-interface problem

Someone reminded my of something you can do help diagnose the no interfac problem.

Go into your Civilization.ini file in you "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder and turn on logging.

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

Load up a new game using the mod. Exit and zip up the 3 Python*.log files in "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Logs" folder. Post the here or e-mail the to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com. Hopefully that will tell us what the problem is.

I am a little confused. Are you missing the interface with Vanilla or BTS? I am not sure what is going on with vanilla. But for BUFFY you need to get rid of the BUG mod if it is in customassets. You can install it as a mod if you need to. Also, their is a new version of the Assetchecker (v2.2). I would expect the DLL to show up as different if you use the old one since that is the only thing that changed.

Please excuse my poor communication. I have problems with Vanilla. I mention the changes I did to BTS just in case they could affect Vanilla somehow.

The only changes I've done to Vanilla were installing HOF1.74.004.
Previous to yesterday changes, it was all running ok, I had installed only HOF MODs, not BUG or any other MOD.

I freshly downloaded Assetchecker (v2.2) yesterday, about 1 hour before posting my problem, so I assume I have the latest one.

EDIT: maybe confusion came form my lazyness about capturing a screenshot. I attach a screenshot of the game just created, which has no interface. That <<<Can not find file .>>> message should mean something.

Read denniz post earlier in the thread?
I've carefully read all the thread again. Are you referring to the 2 versions of 1.74.004 because of a mistake? I freshly downloaded the HOF1.74.004 yesterday evenening, so I guess I have the latest one.

Someone reminded my of something you can do help diagnose the no interfac problem.

Go into your Civilization.ini file in you "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder and turn on logging.

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

Load up a new game using the mod. Exit and zip up the 3 Python*.log files in "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Logs" folder. Post the here or e-mail the to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com. Hopefully that will tell us what the problem is.

Done. Logs included in the 'Logs' folder attached. I cross my fingers. Thanks for your continuous support.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 214
  • nointerface.GIF
    nointerface.GIF
    110 KB · Views: 183
That might be a bug. You can probably change it manually by going into the UserSetting folder. Look for the Autosave.ini.
Thanks, even if the file is Autolog.ini. But i'll never found it if you didn't name the UserSetting folder :) i'll add a shortcut to it.

Done. Logs included in the 'Logs' folder attached. I cross my fingers. Thanks for your continuous support.
I introduced a blank line in the settings file and it was causing the problem. :blush: It is fixed. Thanks for the log files.

@Everyone, please re-download 1.74.004 if you have downloaded it before this point in time. Sorry for the inconvience.

Thank you!

I'll try it when I get home (hopefully before the weekend! :cry:)

Was I the first person to install 1.74.004?????:eek:

@Everyone, please re-download 1.74.004 if you have downloaded it before this point in time. Sorry for the inconvience.
I did this and when I tried to execute the file, the system told me it was not a valid win32 application. In checking the downloaded file, it says its size is 0 bytes?

Tried downloading three times and got the same file each time, is anyone else having a problem?

I did this and when I tried to execute the file, the system told me it was not a valid win32 application. In checking the downloaded file, it says its size is 0 bytes?

Tried downloading three times and got the same file each time, is anyone else having a problem?

I downloaded it and was able to install it no problems. Can't run it to see if it works though as I have no idea where my Vanilla disk is :cry:

I downloaded it and was able to install it no problems. Can't run it to see if it works though as I have no idea where my Vanilla disk is :cry:
Just tried it again and this time, I got it too. :thanx:

Got to watch those morning gremlins...
:rolleyes:

I get this screen when I load Buffy from the load mod screen.
Spoiler :

That looks astonishingly like the screenshot I posted earlier in a different thread :lol: In addition to Denniz's link for vista fixes, I would also recommend that you make sure you upgraded BTS to 3.19. That was the source of my problem :blush:

Thank you!

I'll try it when I get home (hopefully before the weekend! :cry:)

Was I the first person to install 1.74.004?????:eek:

probably not, but certainly the first to try a game
I tried 2.013.004, could play without a problem but had a weird save on exit issue.
I guess I simply forgot to modify the options after installing, but.

I introduced a blank line in the settings file and it was causing the problem. :blush: It is fixed. Thanks for the log files.

99% success.

Got home (don't ask what time it is). Downloaded HOF1.74.004. Installed. Launched Vanilla. Launched new game. There was a message "Can not find file .". But there was the interface too. I can play. If I launch a second new game, no message "Can not find file ." appears and I can play. If I close Vanilla, launch Vanilla, launch a new game, the message "Can not find file ." appears, I can play.

So everything is working smoothly for me except I get a bad-looking message when I launch my first game in a session. I attach my new logs just in case.

Attachments

• Logs2.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 214
I've seen some people with problems here, so i decided to verify how the new mods work for me.

1.74.004 installed and created a new game. It's OK for me.
2.13.004 installed and created a new game. this message shows: So i loaded the 2.13.003 and everything is fine.
No need to verify the assets, 2.13.003 did it, right? Something wrong in the .004, i presume.

Top Bottom