Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

The Australian Steam price for Civ 5 is a flat-out insult. It's not even as if it's in our currency - it's 80 US Dollars compared with 50 from the US store. A 60% markup FOR NOTHING! Whoever 2K's local distributors are, they couldn't have shown how much they're gouging us, what utter useless parasites they are, more obviously.
Yes, unfortunately. See this thread where questions about it are being asked. Fortunately you can get it cheaper retail in Australia and when the release date comes closer, I'm sure other vendors will sell it too (and cheaper).

Now my Polish isn't fluent, so I may be wrong, but otherwise I'd really conclude that play.pl is selling the game for PLN 99 which equates to about EUR 25.

Actually, you're right. The sad part is, you have to order at least four pieces and, apparently, need to run your own company to even register:D. This was obviously too good to be true :mad:

Actually, you're right. The sad part is, you have to order at least four pieces and, apparently, need to run your own company to even register:D. This was obviously too good to be true :mad:
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I've decided to keep the link but mention what you said. Maybe people who do have a company registration can benefit from it.

Ok, I think you can add 24.30 euro as well - though I'm rather surprised they couldn't find a proper "e" :)

I'll try to check whether they're shipping outside of the country, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

I want to buy the box version of the game,but I want the content of the Deluxe Edition.So if I order the game from Amazon.Will I have the option to buy all the extra stuff on Steam,or am I just out of luck :confused:

So retail boxes of the game will still have a Steam key code right? All the versions will tie into Steam like MW2?
Yes, when you get the retail box you still have to activate the game on steam once.

I want to buy the box version of the game,but I want the content of the Deluxe Edition.So if I order the game from Amazon.Will I have the option to buy all the extra stuff on Steam,or am I just out of luck :confused:
The Deluxe edition is only available as Steam download, so if you buy on Amazon you won't get the Deluxe goodies (read: Babylon). So far that means you're out of luck. There is a possibility that Babylon might be offered as DLC later, in which you'd be in luck again, but this is not confirmed. If Babylon were offered for $5 later, then people who bought the Deluxe pre-order on-line might feel cheated. There's another thread about this subject.

Norway (cdon.no , http://cdon.no/spill/civilization_v_(5)-8455257) 449 NOK

Quite "interesting" is the conversion rate applied by CDON 1 NOK == 1 SEK
in reality 449.00 NOK == 538.705 SEK :(
The Norwegian price is almost 20% higher than the same product. :(
OK, thanks. I'll add it. Let's hope they add a nicer price later. Maybe CDON.SE also delivers in Norway? :rolleyes: Play.com certainly will.

Bumping this thread because:
  1. The bol.com link proves that the Special Edition will also be available outside US (at least in NL).
  2. At EUR 39.99 the 12game.nl link is the cheapest pre-order to date outside the UK.
For the full list see the OP.

Has anyone actually found the Special Edition being available for pre-order yet?

CS

Has anyone actually found the Special Edition being available for pre-order yet?

CS
Uhm, the post above yours in bold letters? Bol.com confirms they're selling it in the Netherlands, and they're pretty reputable.

Edit: Just found that gamesonly.at also has the Special Edition in Austra.

Unless you meant available in Canada. In that case: not yet.
Excellent. Will add it.
Here's another option for preorder in Finland (lower price due to being able to avoid VAT when delivering to mainland Finland):

EUR 38.40 at verkkokauppa.com
OK. You sure it's not some business reseller that you have to be a business to buy there?

Australia pre-orders:

EB Games:

Civ 5: $98 - http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-150301-Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-PC
Civ 5 Special Edition: $128 - http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-151013-Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-Collectors-Edition-PC

Game:

Civ 5: $99.95 - http://www.game.com.au/civilization-v/pc-games/CIVPC

Also note that EB Games Special Edition has completely different boxwork to what we've seen before.
Thanks, Dale. Added. Btw, It's an odd price difference with Mighty Ape, who now has $73.99. Would you know if Mighty Ape.com.au actually prices in AU$ as well? (although their price does appear to fluctuate a little with the exchange rate, last week it was $72.99)

Spelbutiken.se is selling Civ5 for 418 SEK and Game.se for 449, both including shipping. That's the cheapest I could find in Sweden. Pretty ok prices IMHO.

That's about 55 and 60 USD respectively.

Edit: Sorry, saw they had both been mentioned already. One of the prices needs to be updated though.

Top Bottom