[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Downloading now (gonna take me 2 hours). Congratulations on nearly 7000 dls for the previous versions !

I'm looking forward to this update. It looks seriously good.

You know if you take out the v3 in the Resource and the ArtMisc file you wont have the GFC error??

Also, can you pls get rid of the one star flag for the American's PLS, i really would appreciate that. Just my opinion. The RWB is much better.

btw i am using some of your stuff, sure wish you could help me in my clean-up and additions for my NEW mod?? i have like 75% done already, its only 450 MG now, and 1/2 of its is bik and graphics. (its going to be all your stuff anyways, .)

You know if you take out the v3 in the Resource and the ArtMisc file you wont have the GFC error??

Is that true? Unfortunately, even with medium graphics settings I still get 2 load errors (one of which is the above) and the game CTDs...:(

Hi
I have problem with this mod. In civilization.ini file I changed position "Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none" to Mod = MODS\Thomas_War. Catalog Thomas_war was copied to My Games\Beyond the Sword. I can't see any changes.
What to do?

I completely forgot to change that file once I changed the mod name!!!! Ironically, I had changed it to Thomas War in the first place to avoid problems when I updated the number in the future. It never came up in my tests cause i have like five version on my comp one named v3

Thanks StrategyOnly for reminding me of this. I'm keeping the flag, not that I don't think that the other one is better but I just want to keep the same two color style that base civ4 has for all the civilization buttons. sorry

Okay, I'll re-upload with that ini file fixed. I the meantime just either rename the folder to Thomas' War v3 or delete the resource files.

~~~~

Mike

Make sure you didn't create an extra folder when you unzipped. The folder should be mods/Thomas' War/Assets. If your unzipper creates an extra folder it would be something like mods/thomas war/thomas war/ assets.

Also, I'm not sure if it works in my games. I would move it to the main directory and beyond the sword/mods

Also, it shouldn't be named Thomas_War but rather Thomas' War. You may not have unzipped it. I used 7zip

~~~~

Zerver

I know its yours, its great. I'm pretty sure I did credit you somewhere in my long list of features (i usually list the author next to the change list when I first put it in). i'm too lazy to look through all that so I'll just credit your great work again :)

~~~~

JELEEN

What is the other error you get? btw the GNC error will cause a CTD

Grah new versions always have some hiccups, sorry

~~~~

I'm fixing it right now everyone, sorry for that problem, haha, slight oversight.

In the meantime or if you don't want to re-download

View attachment Quick Fix.7z

Open that up

put the ArtdefinesMisc XML into Assets/XML/Art

put the Civ4 in Thomas' War/Resource

sorry download doesn't work, keeps coming up with explorer can not find page when i try to dl

I know, sorry. I'm re-uploading it at the moment. It'll be an hour or so

Mike

Make sure you didn't create an extra folder when you unzipped. The folder should be mods/Thomas' War/Assets. If your unzipper creates an extra folder it would be something like mods/thomas war/thomas war/ assets.

Also, I'm not sure if it works in my games. I would move it to the main directory and beyond the sword/mods

Also, it shouldn't be named Thomas_War but rather Thomas' War. You may not have unzipped it. I used 7zip

Actually it unzips to 'Thomas_War' with the Thomas' War folder inside.

JELEEN

What is the other error you get? btw the GNC error will cause a CTD

(JELEEN? Did you listen to ModCast21?) Couldn't read the second error - probably because of the CTD. DLing the quickfix.;)

Did you already upload the fixed version? Because I DLed it and there was a GFC error that caused a crash. So basically I guess what I am asking is if I have to download the fix and that will take care of it or if there is something you overlooked and the new version doesn't work either?

I'll try to DL the fix though, good luck buddy it looked like a good mod.

The mod look great, but my interface (CivScore, City Screen, Unit Command, etc.) is Blank - I played around a bit with funtion keys, and everything else seems fantastic - is the interface one of the issues being worked on, or is this something that I need to change on my end (I have had the same issue on a few other mods - so it could be me...)?

Okay, it has been re-uploaded. ModDB needs to await authorization AGAIN but filefront is downloading. I apologize for the people who had downloaded it before.

Sorry JEELEN I was typing quickly.... :blush:

Yes, make sure you don't have two Thomas War folders. It unzips like that but not uploading it in a folder called Thomas' War would cause problems on my end.

Let me know if it works now :confused:. On my end, I deleted all my alternate versions of thomas war (which was enabling me to load with the error you all got) and it loaded fine... so hopefully. Let me know.

New versions always have problems, sadly

~Danukian
Once you get into the game, try Alt-Tabbing to the desktop and going back in. This sometimes quick fixes missing interface problems. If you are using Civcomplete you may need to change some registry files (I posted a link in post #1 explaining). The interface should be working, though.

I appreciate the many scenarios included, but I would really really appreciate one with a Huge Earth map but no specified civs or leaders. Essentially, I would like a blank slate Earth that can be easily used to create custom scenarios via Custom Scenario (to select civs/leaders) and Worldbuilder (to assign starting positions/units). Thank you muchly.

Vrenir I would love that too but unfortunately WorldBuilder has to be one of the worst map editors I've ever seen. I have no idea how to change civs or leaders already in maps or just have a blank slate map to edit. I didn't make any of the scenarios, sorry.

Maybe JEELEN would know how?

It says something like CFG error, or something involving a theme. I don't remember because I can only see it when I have to start up the task manager and close the program that way. My screen just goes blank and nothing loads up when I select the mod.

And my computer handles large mods really well, including all of your old mods so I doubt its that. In fact the mod I have been working on is pretty big too, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Top Bottom