To developers: Direct3D device does not match Window size

class101

Chieftain
Usually when a game's window getting resized the front and back buffers of the Direct3D device are supposed to match the change but unfortunely in Civilization V it is not, but in Civilization 4 it seems to work better

In Civilization V Direct3D will be forced to perform a stretch blit when the window is resized and everything rendered will appear course and blocky

I have built a generic tool for myself that basically does a SetWindowPos, it removes the border in games where there is a missing Borderless option, it works in most games I have tried Skyrim, Fallout, Civ4 but Civ5 is problematic because it sets sometimes a "fake" resolutions in Windowed mode

By fake I mean, you set in the option 1024x768 and apply, the client rectangle is at a true 1024x768, so no problem, but if you set a 1920x1080 windowed mode, you get in reality a client rectangle of 1914x1051 (depending your Window them). But what the hake I told him to play at a client rectangle of 1920x1080 and not to display me a Window that as its Rectangle of 1920x1080

I think to workaround this bad design is:

1) Do as in Skyrim, when if you are in Windowed mode, the Resolution IS ALWAYS the client rectangle and Not the Window rectangle, we don't care the Window Rectangle to be exactly at 1920x1080, but we DO care that the client rectangle respect the size of 1920x1080) and vice versa for all resolution, no matter if the Window rectangle correctly fits in the display...

or

2) Resize the front and back buffer of the direct3d when the Window is getting resized, so Direct3D will update accordingly when we will change your original 1914x1051 resolution transformed in a true 1920x1080

or

3) Bring the Borderless Windows option

Top Bottom