What natural wonders you would like to see included in civilization?

• Total voters

Xandinho

Deity

Amazon Forest - Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, Peru, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Spoiler :

Andes - Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina
Spoiler :

Arthur's Seat - Scotland
Spoiler :

Augrabies Falls - South Africa
Spoiler :

Blyde River Canyon - South Africa
Spoiler :

Dead Sea - Israel, Palestine and Jordan
Spoiler :

Erta Ale - Ethiopia
Spoiler :

Farafra - Egypt
Spoiler :

Fernando de Noronha - Brazil
Spoiler :

Grand Canyon - USA
Spoiler :

Gullfoss - Iceland
Spoiler :

Iguazu Falls - Brazil and Argentina
Spoiler :

Lake Titicaca - Peru and Bolivia
Spoiler :

Matterhorn - Switzerland and Italy
Spoiler :

Mount Etna - Italy
Spoiler :

Mount Everest - Nepal and China
Spoiler :

Mount Yasur - Vanuatu
Spoiler :

Nazca Lines - Peru
Spoiler :

Niagara Falls - Canada and USA
Spoiler :

Pantanal - Brazil, Paraguay and Bolivia
Spoiler :

Piton de la Fournaise - France
Spoiler :

Table Mountain - South Africa
Spoiler :

Teide - Canary Islands (Spain)
Spoiler :

White Island - New Zealand
Spoiler :

Note: The Nazca Line is the only one that is not truly a natural wonder, but I think it would be interesting to see it included in the game as a natural wonder.

Good list! I would also add Ha Long Bay from Vietnam

I Like to see more natural wonders of the type lakes, waterfalls and forests. The Amazon rainforest I do not know how it would be done, since it would require several hexes on the map. Also I miss rivers, the Nile, Amazon and Euphrates, but I do not know how it would be done.
The Titicaca Lake and the Dead Sea are welcome, and as cascades can include the Niagara and Iguazu.
The Nazca line is interesting, could serve as an extra bonus after discovering archeology.

amazon rainforest could maybe be a 3 or 4 tile impassable jungle with 3 food, 2 science, 1 culture per tile (or something like that). Also, maybe it could get additional science at some certain technology

Note: The Nazca Line is the only one that is not truly a natural wonder, but I think it would be interesting to see it included in the game as a natural wonder.

there are already a few non-natural natural wonders in civ 5, so i don't see why something like the nazca lines couldn't be considered one, too.
i also voted for it, with that same reasoning, among other things.

as for others, i'd like to see the aurora borealis, the everglades in florida and blood falls in antarctica

How could the aurora borealis (or australis) be a Natural Wonder associated with one particular place? It's a pan-arctic/antarctic phenomenon.

Perhaps also Lake Baikal in Siberia, or the Polar Ice Caps?
I guess fantastic ones could also apply, like the Fountain of Youth, alas, we've already got magic swordsmen included in the game (is Civ slowly becoming more like Dungeons and Dragons?)

Can't believe there's not more votes for the Matterhorn!

The Belizean Great blue hole could be a cool one too.

Non-real wonders? Since we already have El Dorado and the fountain of youth, we could add Ryleh or the Plateau of Leng?

Not a Natural Wonder per say, but I can argue that the Giza Pyramids predate Egyptian civilization by a wide margin and they did not build them. The Giza pyramids and certain other ancient man made structures could appear on the map in random locations and provide a bonus to whatever civ settles near them much like natural wonders do in civ v.

Definitely the Dead Sea. It would not have any food, obviously but it would provide science and a salt resource so it would be pretty powerful. Also would come with an archeological dig nearby.

I'm not sure about the Dead See giving a salt luxury, but happiness, sure. Maybe, say...+3 science, +3 culture, +2 happiness?

I am also in support of Giants Causeway, that's a very cool place. I imagine it would give production, since...rocks.

Might we also consider another aquatic wonder? We have the great barrier reef and the rarely workable Krakatowa (I bet I misspelled that), but something else would be nice. Ooh, ooh, I know! The Galapogose Islands (bet I misspelled that to)! Like Kraka, it would provide a lot of science but also maybe some food.

I'd thought of the Great Lakes, but that doesn't seem as 'wonderous' as other things. Niagra Falls would probably be a big happiness boost, like with the Fountain of Youth, but workable for gold or something.

I imagine that, instead of having the Grand Canyon take up a tile, it would be like a short river and increase yields of adjacent tiles.

Onto Aurora Borealis, I imagine it would be passable, if anything, though I'm not sure if it's a great idea.

What about Ngorongoro Crater? Would Monk's Mound be viable?

For more fantastic ones, how about Shangri La? Or, just because, the Ruins of Atlantis.

By the way, a sort of similar idea came up here.

Top Bottom