RBTS5 - Multiple Personality Disorder

Agree with settling on stone first.

lurker's comment: If it were me (which it isn't), I'd settle red dot first since you'll get pyramids with or without stone
I'd rather get Pyramids at max speed, seeing as Toku can be an aggressive neighbour, and as we're planning war ourselves :mischief: .

To which end, do AI war-plans get reset each round? I see that relationships are reset. èity we don't have another neighbour that we could use to check for WHEOOH.

I had a very, very, very quiet turnset.

Apart from discovering writing and bringing the settler into position after a whip in turn 6 I only shuffled workers around.

350 BC

Everything looks fine.

335 BC

The mine completes at Madrid reducing the build time of the Mids further to 27 turns.

275 BC

I whip the settler in Kwaduza

200 BC Finish

The settler is ready to be deployed on the next turn.

Attachments

• RBTS5 - Personality Disorder BC-0200.zip
    113.3 KB · Views: 86
Yes, sunrise is up now. Since the turnset was so quiet, I don't think there's a great need for me to look at the save. The biggest question right now is where to send the settler. Do we want to grab the red dot (stronger) location, or settle directly on the stone first?

Kylearan, with regards to your question, the game actually claimed that the Ikhanda had been completed, then prompted me to select another build. Of course, no such city improvement showed up! In other words, I don't think that we will get a cash refund from unique buildings that fail to complete. We MAY get some shield overrun from those projects, however; Ondini only had a single shield invested, so I wasn't able to tell if it happened in that case. It's probably not worth the time it would take to investigate. :)

I expected that we decide on the stone spot, so I put the settler on the hill next to it. (Though we need a worker from the mainland asap)

I doubt the Pyramids will benefit from the connected stone in time, but it is nevertheless nice to have it.

Well considering how you've convinced me we'll get the Pyramids with or without the stone, I'd settle the eastern dot first and then not settle on the stone later.

did anyone see the Great Wall finished in 10 turns during the last change over? Did anyone figure out how they managed that? Or did we just assume normal hammer production? Did anyone check the the log for a GE born just prior to Great Wall completion? The GP limits are reset, and if you had a forge in a city, you can pop a GE fairly quickly.

Hi,

did anyone see the Great Wall finished in 10 turns during the last change over?

Yes, me. ;)

Did anyone figure out how they managed that?
I guess because the change cleared all hammers, maybe the AI had to re-decide what to build for each city. The wonder was still available, and with stone and/or being industrious can do that trick.

It'll be interesting to see if more wonders fall early after a civ change.

-Kylearan

Turn 1 - Settle on the stone. Pyramids are now due in 10.

Turn 3 - Move the southern warrior to the new land to fog-bust and prepare to MP the next city.

Turn 7 - Whip a Christian Temple in one of our unhappy cities for one pop.

Turn 10 - Barcelona just finished it's monastery this turn, so there are no hammers invested in the barracks. I have a settler under construction, after it completes it and a worker should be ferried down to the new island. Pyramids will be completed next turn.

The save:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/91988/RBTS5_-_Personality_Disorder_BC-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave

The roster:

Sullla
TheArchduke
sunrise089 - just played
Swiss Pauli - up!
Dantski - on deck

Got it for tonight.

I can see we're 34 turns from CoL with only 20 to play before the switcheroo, so we'll need to get some scientists hired after adopting REP once the Mids are done. Because of this fact, I'm a bit loath to found another island city at this point, but white dot is a low-maintenance option: I'll decide when I see how much REP shaves off CoL.

Straightforward enough turns, once again, although there is a cloud on the horizon.

Meant that we switched to REP & whipped Libraries in Madrid and Barca. Some scientists are now assigned and CoL will complete before the deadline. Seeing as we were down to 30% science, I decided to be conservative and found white dot:

A WB will move to the clams next turn. Down in Lisbon, I realised we wouldn't complete the WB in time for the switch, so two workers should chop the forest outside the city (under the chariot) in order to get our cheap islamic :rolleyes: temple up in time. Maybe the overflow will be enough for the WB (but I doubt it).

Well, we have OBs with Toku, too. So it's all good. Ah, what's the cloud, you say? Toku's learning Construction which often means :hammer:

Attachments

• RBTS5 - Personality Disorder AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    142.6 KB · Views: 70
lurker's comment:
I didn't realize your list of city names would keep changing with the swap.
This is crazier that I first thought. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom