free copy of civ5

Selous

King
check out the upcoming title from firaxis, XCOM: Enemy Unknown on steam, if they get enough preorders they are going to give away a free copy of civ5 OR a giftable copy of civ5

have been hanging for this remake of the old classic for a while now, this is going to push me to preorder, the youngfellow has been stuck playing civ4 because im to damn tight ;)

Lol, thanks for making this public. Many people may have preordered unknowingly, and ending up with civ5 in their hands. You saved the folks from suffering under hours of boringness and despair. You deserve a medal!

I do wonder, is this some kind of newly created hypermodern marketing idea? Threatening customers with terrible things? Like Mercedes saying "buy our new car, and in addition you will will get ten whipslashes FOR FREE". Wow, for free? What an offer!

;)

The marketing has indeed gone hyper or rather, haywire. They also have a system that the more people preorder, the more little extra bits (like a haircut style) you`ll get in the game. It`s like a sort of bribe or even threat. We have to rely on how many people preorder to get the FULL game? I mean why? It`s pretty shameless. It`s also selling at max price on Steam for the Civ 5 you`ll get. Cheaper to buy in store. Hopefully the store copy won`t force people on Steam as well.

I don`t like it. I don`t like it at all.

I am an original oldskool gamer of Xcom and I`m not buying this game or preordering until at least a year later when all this ripping off of the customer has died down, as I did with Civ5.

It`s like a sort of bribe or even threat. We have to rely on how many people preorder to get the FULL game? I mean why? It`s pretty shameless. It`s also selling at max price on Steam for the Civ 5 you`ll get.

full game? i dont think i would include TF2 hats as part of the "full" game, or a seperate game such as ciV as part of the xcom experience

please take your steam bashing to a "why steam is evil" thread :rolleyes: i like steam, u hate it, no one else cares what we think

what do you mean by max price? UFO enemy unknown is being sold/preordered in the aussi region at $70 US, a AAA title is usually $90 (steam) and $77 in store on release
what price is it in your region?

full game? i dont think i would include TF2 hats as part of the "full" game, or a seperate game such as ciV as part of the xcom experience

please take your steam bashing to a "why steam is evil" thread :rolleyes: i like steam, u hate it, no one else cares what we think

what do you mean by max price? UFO enemy unknown is being sold/preordered in the aussi region at $70 US, a AAA title is usually $90 (steam) and $77 in store on release
what price is it in your region?

Ah, A Steam Inquisitor Acolyte, I wondered how long it would take for one of you guys to show up to defend the Almighty Steam mom. No one must question Steam mandatory, no one must not like Steam for it can do no wrong and anyone who does not like it must be purified! Be good, be vigilant, LOVE STEAM with all thy heart!

No one expects the Steam Inquisition!:lol:

Moderator Action: This is trolling. Though Selous could've been a little more polite, this sort of response is entirely uncalled for, and is only likely to encourage a negative response.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: Steam is not the topic of this thread. So please drop the subject, and remain civil.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is THE game I've been waiting for, well forever!

If they happen to bash this game up, I don't know what I'm gonna do. Maybe play anything, except from them?

But, seriously, the game looks ok and they have made some hard decisions, just to make it work and I'm positive to what I learned so far.

If I get something like Civ5 for free to give away, it doesn't bother me, noone of my friends have half a brain combined, so they wouldn't be able to play it, even as a team. So I care less.

But XCOM, please deliver!

Oh...good, you guys are talking about legitimate free CiV games. I was a bit worried for a second. :lol:

The TF2 perk tier hasn't been reached yet. Assuming that all the tiers have the same capacity for pre-orders, there is a ways to go to unlock the Civ5 reward.

TF2 perks don't do it for me. The character customization sounds cool, but I think that should part of the game anyways:cry:... besides you'd still have to buy the DLC and the expansion:mischief: I know I am up to two copies of each, but, sure, I'll hoard another copy.... :goodjob:

I have pre-ordered X-com like a lot of people have waited years for it and it
looks amazing but I already have Civ 5 so the free copy is a waste of time give it
to who and why I would have preferred something like the next D.L.C at half price
or something similar .

because by giving away ciV they are not going to cut into any profit margin, if you havnt bought ciV yet, its pretty much not going to happen, by giving it away, there is more chance that someone mught go out and buy the xpacs and dlc for civ

btw, passed the second tier of sales and into 10% of the free civ sales :D

This may be obvious but ...

If you preorder now, while the reward is in the "third tier", do you automatically qualify for the "first and second" tier?

Yeah, you qualify for all gifts that become unlocked. They are essentially stealing Kickstarter's mechanics and putting a more promotional spin on them.

I'm giving away a free civ V copy. Could any mod tell me (PM) if he wants to reward someone with it for worthwhile contributions? Also i would be interested to hear if there is already a thread, like one i saw for x-com where the game is gifted to people with tight finances.

Free copies of Civ5? :) You know what I want? A collector's edition with G&K content plus new DLC.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat since I bought G&K digital.
:) Well don't have that.

I think civfanatics is the wrong place as I got no reply whatsoever. No one wants Civ V for free:) Suppose the problem is that people around here already have a copy.

Still offer's up. The first request from now on gets the game.

EDIT: Following The-j Advice i offer it now for civ 3 and 4 users on the respective forums.

Top Bottom