• Atari

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • A shoebox

Votes: 16 6.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.....that's true.....

I'm really undecided--whatever I pick means a new investment. Originally I thought the DS might be the go for use in my taxi, but the Playstation 3 with Blu-Ray is getting very attractive (no use in a cab 'tho).

I haven't been too inspired by the DS screenshots so far. However, I suspect the actual gameplay is much better.

So far the biggest hook--besides the great previews from DanQ and Padma--has been the line that this is the game Sid Meier always wanted to make. To quote Starcraft's Jim Raynor, "Sounds like fun."

I'm really undecided--whatever I pick means a new investment. Originally I thought the DS might be the go for use in my taxi, but the Playstation 3 with Blu-Ray is getting very attractive (no use in a cab 'tho).

I haven't been too inspired by the DS screenshots so far. However, I suspect the actual gameplay is much better.

Think about it Dude: Nintendo DS = Civ Rev EVERYWHERE!
Plus, the DS version will prolly cost like $30 instead of the $60 for the PS3/360.
Still, you should probably buy both a DS AND PS3. It's the only way to be sure!

wow.......that's harsh........and I bit cocky:mischief:

lol have you seen anything Sony has said for the last 2 years? They say nothing that []isn't[/i] cocky!

Think about it Dude: Nintendo DS = Civ Rev EVERYWHERE!
Plus, the DS version will prolly cost like $30 instead of the $60 for the PS3/360.
Still, you should probably buy both a DS AND PS3. It's the only way to be sure!

or get a DS and a 360...since Microsoft is working on a blu-ray player for the 360, and I'd bet that they will be smart enough to make sure that a 360/Blu Ray player will be cheaper than a PS3.

Thanks XL--the truth is I'm a PS3 wannabee on a DS budget.

lol have you seen anything Sony has said for the last 2 years? They say nothing that []isn't[/i] cocky!

or get a DS and a 360...since Microsoft is working on a blu-ray player for the 360, and I'd bet that they will be smart enough to make sure that a 360/Blu Ray player will be cheaper than a PS3.
You mean Microsoft is working on blu-ray for Windows. http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206903001

"Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said his company is working on Windows device driver support for Sony's Blu-ray high definition movie format. "

It's still up in the air if there will be a blu-ray player for the 360 as noted:
" Ballmer, however, made clear at Mix '08 that over the long term Microsoft sees the Internet, and not discs, as the primary vehicle for HD content access."

well I'm definitely in a quandry now. I can get it for the XBox360, but will probably have to fight my son for time, or I can just get it for the DS, which has the added advantage of being portable

TB: I have a similar quandry--do I really want my addiction available everywhere I go via the DS? Also, I play Civ3 and IV on a very large screen and get a kick out of planning my next session mentally whilst away from my study (Not much studying done!), so will I cope with those two tiny DS screens? Another factor is I might be able to get my wife to play multiplayer with another DS ... maybe that's slightly beyond reality.

well certainly not into it, but I can't see any reason why they wouldn't work on an external drive like they had for HD DVD...they will lose market share against the PS3 which they really shouldn't lose(since the 360 is by far the better gaming machine right now) if they don't add an external player to it...and then they don't have to pay royalties to Sony for games, just for movies.

when all the games that have come out on both systems have all been reviewed as being better for the 360, then it does :)

well, expect a change in that when more developers start creating games on ps3 and then port to 360...

Only reason they started creating for 360 before was because ps3 was not even released when they started with their games.

I just bought a DS last week and researved a copy of Civ Rev. It was the deciding factor between the DS and PSP. Now I can play Civ on the go :goodjob:

well, expect a change in that when more developers start creating games on ps3 and then port to 360...

Only reason they started creating for 360 before was because ps3 was not even released when they started with their games.

if you say so....most people continue to develop for the 360 then port to the PS3 because the 360 is easier and cheaper to develop on...I don't get why Sony refuses to improve the quality of their SDK/API...this time I've heard its even worse than the PS2's was.

even if 360 adds a bluray they can not start making games on blu ray discs. Since then everyone would have to get a new 360. And thats where ps3 is going to get stronger then xbox 360. And if they add a external player I would not get it because it's ugly. Why not get a real blu ray player instead.

ps3 can stream content from a pc and at better support then xbox 360. Since xbox cant even play divx movies.

Later this year ps3 will start with downloadable hd movies. And additional content had been possible since day one.

ps3 is the gaming machine of the following 6-8 years :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom