x

I dont have an idea how u may determine best player in civ FFA since real ffa can be only with unknown ppl and this impossible in civ5.

Played with Arvius and FilthyRobot several years ago - decent guys, but the one i hated most was ANOMAJINOE 9BLENIE (or smth).

but the one i hated most was ANOMAJINOE 9BLENIE (or smth).
Looks like Russian community knows that person. And there are only excellent references of him, like a legend )) Did he finished playing CIV? Can someone point to youtube games with him?

I dont have an idea how u may determine best player in civ FFA since real ffa can be only with unknown ppl and this impossible in civ5.

Played with Arvius and FilthyRobot several years ago - decent guys, but the one i hated most was ANOMAJINOE 9BLENIE (or smth).

Civ4 had an option to hide the players names once the game started, only the Civ names were visable, but it was still possible for players to tell who other players were when you knew them well enough. No real was to get away from the human factors in games...

CS

Civ4 had an option to hide the players names once the game started, only the Civ names were visable, but it was still possible for players to tell who other players were when you knew them well enough. No real was to get away from the human factors in games...

CS

This seems a bit useless if you saw which civ everyone was in the lobby. A cool idea for tournaments though if everyone goes random. Having no idea who you're next to would make colluding and such a lot more difficult.

This seems a bit useless if you saw which civ everyone was in the lobby. A cool idea for tournaments though if everyone goes random. Having no idea who you're next to would make colluding and such a lot more difficult.

I mean more 'automated' process: you select 'find ffa game', join in and in game you just see Greece, Egypt etc. with no nicknames. Just like it is implemented in i.e. WarCraft 3.

Looks like Russian community knows that person. And there are only excellent references of him, like a legend )) Did he finished playing CIV? Can someone point to youtube games with him?
Are u sure he is russian? His nick is translit of Cyrillic, but - Ukraine? Belarus? ...

By the way, I remember there was a try to create some kind of rating and play rating games, not only in one but prolly in two civ NQ groups. Is this still alive? (I feel like average lvl in NQ groups is really poor now.)

Are u sure he is russian? His nick is translit of Cyrillic, but - Ukraine? Belarus? ...

By the way, I remember there was a try to create some kind of rating and play rating games, not only in one but prolly in two civ NQ groups. Is this still alive? (I feel like average lvl in NQ groups is really poor now.)

I didn't say he is russian )))
I agree with you about average lvl in NQ groups in case with nomod games.
Filthy trying get practice with nomod games for tournament. And there were not any competitive players for him.
Sometimes in my nomod NQ games there were guys with 20-200 hours

There can't really be a true top 10 because there are so many different game set ups. Just because someone is great at BNW 1v1's on East vs West, doesn't mean they will be the same player in a large map game with 8 people on islands. Also, in multiplayer games there is so much difference in spawn and the human element that distort how talented people are. Then you have other factors of ....a person going random civs versus selecting civs.

I've never played anyone I thought I couldn't beat or that I thought was better than me, but that doesn't mean I haven't lost or would say I'm the best. Everyone loses, unless they play weak competition, are a liar, or quitter imo. I'm capable of sub T120 science victory, but that doesn't mean I can't spawn next to a great hun player and lose.

CivFanatics hall of fame is a decent gauge for science, culture, and diplomatic players, but even that isn't super accurate because going against an AI and real people is totally different.

Just my 2 cents.

There can't really be a true top 10 because there are so many different game set ups. Just because someone is great at BNW 1v1's on East vs West, doesn't mean they will be the same player in a large map game with 8 people on islands. Also, in multiplayer games there is so much difference in spawn and the human element that distort how talented people are. Then you have other factors of ....a person going random civs versus selecting civs.

I've never played anyone I thought I couldn't beat or that I thought was better than me, but that doesn't mean I haven't lost or would say I'm the best. Everyone loses, unless they play weak competition, are a liar, or quitter imo. I'm capable of sub T120 science victory, but that doesn't mean I can't spawn next to a great hun player and lose.

CivFanatics hall of fame is a decent gauge for science, culture, and diplomatic players, but even that isn't super accurate because going against an AI and real people is totally different.

Just my 2 cents.

sub T120 tech victory thats realy intresting, i wan't to see how u menage to get than since i never get one before 2030 turns later than that

wan't to ad me on steam ?
i did pn u my steam name in a private message

Top Bottom